Would Aaliyah have been Britney's level if she didn't die?

YeezusChrist

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I def think so. But i feel she was killed by r kelly or her uncle or her mom even since his first child **** case came right after she died. From everything said recently from the r kelly docu, i also 5hink her mom knew everything that was going on after aaliyah was introd to kelly, i think she sold her daughter to him, and her and the uncle made a profit off it. I think they knew the whole time that she had gotten married to him and i think they saw big bucks as soon as they heard about the situation, cuz her mom did get the master rights for the 1st album in the out of court settlement that happened when she annuled the marriage. So i really really think a hit was put out so that she couldnt speak out against the **** storm that was about to happen.

Aaliyah was extremely popular when she passed. She was successfully crossing over into movies too. I don’t think her career would have been compared to Britney’s though, Beyoncé career would be. Beyoncé may not have been as popular if Aaliyah hadn’t passed. 

tbh, I don't know when she started, but I only knew about her after she passed away. She might have been huge in the US, but she wasn't very known internationally, unlike Britney who was a global phenomenon since BOMT.

So who knows what would've happened later with her career, but yeah, at least at the time of her death she wasn't even at Britney's level of popularity. Still it's so sad she was gone so soon, and by no means I'm trying to be disrespectful.

I see a lot of similarities between Britney and Aaliyah in terms of their greedy families. Both had corrupt families being powered behind the scenes by making money off of them. They both seemed very sweet and humble despite their huge success.

A lot of people compare Aaliyah to Beyoncé but honestly I think Aaliyah would have gotten to be on a level of her own. She was very ahead of her time with the music she released and even her style. Her music hasn’t really dated nor has the clothes she wore.

It’s terribly tragic what happened to her. I fear she may have ended up going down a similar path to Britney had she lived. Who knows how damaging it must have been to have been groomed by someone as powerful a R Kelly at the time. All the abuse would eventually have caught up with her as she got older not to mention all the abuse cases that came out against him.

I think she would have been where Beyonce is right now, She was selected as Janet Jackson's musical apprentice by the media over Britney, even MTV went there by inviting her to perform Alright at Icon: Janet Jackson, but as we got Ciara cos of what tragically happened, and her career died fast thx to Short lived music trend of Crunk' N B. 

Aaliyah was huge In Europe, I think timbaland and Missy was able to include European dance trends into their production which actually helped her as An R&B artist..

Plus her acting career would be one for the books.

The Matrix Sequels (role went to Nona Gaye, aaliyah scenes are part of a special edition out of print box set)

Honey ( role went to Jessica Alba, who really can't dance and was harshly criticized over bad casting)

Sparkle (movie went into developmental hell, role went To Jordin Sparks, ironically Whitney Houston was also dead by the time the film came out as well, this was Whitney's big movie, and Aaliyah was cast at the time of her death in 2001)

Also rumors of a Romeo must die sequel was also in discussion as well..

10 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

tbh, I don't know when she started, but I only knew about her after she passed away. She might have been huge in the US, but she wasn't very known internationally, unlike Britney who was a global phenomenon since BOMT.

So who knows what would've happened later with her career, but yeah, at least at the time of her death she wasn't even at Britney's level of popularity. Still it's so sad she was gone so soon, and by no means I'm trying to be disrespectful.

yeh i was the same. i never heard about her until she passed. Although i was only 10 and from what i know she wasnt aimed for young kids was she? i only heard about her when she died and  her music was played more on music channels because she was gone.i dunno, how popular was she before she died?

i think its hard to say how popular she would be now. People have said since she died that she wouldve been massive now but part of me thinks people just say that because shes passed. she was only 22 when she was killed and so she would be 42 now and her life would probably have been a lot different now. Maybe married with kids. she might have took a career break at somepoint to have kids, or she may have decided not to have kids and concentrate on her career. she ma have got more successful music  wise or her music might have lost people's interest at some point and she may have switched to acting

sadly we'll never know

People always try to compare what she could have been to someone else. I understand but it won’t take us anywhere because we’ll never know.

What we know for sure is that she was in her own league. Her motto was literally bettering herself each day and being herself. Her last album was incredible and impossible to compare to any other R&B record released at the time or before its time. I read somewhere she was about to get out of her uncle’s label and aim for a big big one. The movie roles she was offered started being bigger too. There was so much Aaliyah we missed out. She was gorgeous, humble and just so sweet, a very unique soul.  :fakecry_christina_aguilera_xtina_crying_tears_wipe_sad:

14 hours ago, SumoCyco2017 said:

I def think so. But i feel she was killed by r kelly or her uncle or her mom even since his first child **** case came right after she died. From everything said recently from the r kelly docu, i also 5hink her mom knew everything that was going on after aaliyah was introd to kelly, i think she sold her daughter to him, and her and the uncle made a profit off it. I think they knew the whole time that she had gotten married to him and i think they saw big bucks as soon as they heard about the situation, cuz her mom did get the master rights for the 1st album in the out of court settlement that happened when she annuled the marriage. So i really really think a hit was put out so that she couldnt speak out against the **** storm that was about to happen.

:mj_reading_paper_michael_jackson_blinking_glasses:

15 hours ago, SumoCyco2017 said:

queen of conspiracy theories

Absolutely not. I like Aaliyah but I personally felt like she peaked before she died. She may have been big in the US, but I don’t remember hearing about her at all (I’m not American). I don’t think she would’ve been any more successful than she already was. She’d have been remembered as an R&B artist from the 90s like Brandy and Monica.

A lot of people say this but I was too young to appreciate her as I was more into the pop sound. I know she is highly respected and missed. Music would have been so different if she hadn’t passed. I always thought Rihanna was a little reminiscent as well. She’ll always be missed. Super tragic. 

On 4/22/2021 at 12:35 PM, FemmeFataleBrit said:

Absolutely not. I like Aaliyah but I personally felt like she peaked before she died. She may have been big in the US, but I don’t remember hearing about her at all (I’m not American). I don’t think she would’ve been any more successful than she already was. She’d have been remembered as an R&B artist from the 90s like Brandy and Monica.

Not at all. She was pretty big in the UK and in NZ/AU. She also had the first no. 1 single solely off airplay. She would’ve definitely continued to get bigger especially with the way music trended from pop to urban/R&B between 2002-2007. Plus she had a burgeoning film career. 

Archived