Re-recording her albums in her natural voice? (Britney’s Version)

I dotn know if its true but I heard that Taylors Versions of the sons had to be as similar as possible to the original and that she wasnt able to change the pitch. 

She has been singing Lovestory much deeper than the original for a couple of years but recorded the new version in her old higher voice. Maybe thats just a rumor and she has been singing it lower becaue its easier for a whole tour (and her vocals are more consistant)

2019 live

original

34 minutes ago, The Greatest Show said:

I dotn know if its true but I heard that Taylors Versions of the sons had to be as similar as possible to the original and that she wasnt able to change the pitch. 

She has been singing Lovestory much deeper than the original for a couple of years but recorded the new version in her old higher voice. Maybe thats just a rumor and she has been singing it lower becaue its easier for a whole tour (and her vocals are more consistant)

2019 live

original

Yes , artists usually sing one or two semi tone lower in Live. It's easier 

• Love 1

It would be great, just for the sake of having more content as fans but it's too much work. Maybe it'd be just fine with just a couple of acoustic EPs, more live vocals and her natural voice in all her music from now on. :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

Her baby voice is absolutely epic and I think we all love it, but I think it's time to move on. We don't know how Britney feels about this specifically but I doubt she enjoys singing albums in a pitch that is uncomfortable to her. Also many of her unreleased songs show very interesting sides of her voice that she was never able to explore comercially.

Plus, I think keeping the baby voice sound alive has been the reason why these producers made background singers outsing her and take her spot in her own songs many times. Gosh I really hate that. :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

• Love 3
On 4/16/2021 at 4:08 AM, BUWYGF said:

But Britney owns her masters( in this case her handlers do but once shes free all of her assets are only hers again), Taylor was just in a fradulent contract where she didnt own anything she sang :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

It wasn’t “fraudulent” she just didn’t own her masters.... usually labels will cover thousands of dollars in studio fees, physical copies, & promotion and in their record contract it’ll say they retain the masters to all recordings they funded. You can try & clarify you wish to keep all your masters before signing everything, but it all depends on if the gatekeeper is willing. Even if the label keeps the rights to masters they usually give the artists an opportunity to buy their own masters back. Taylor just loves to play the victim & knew her fanbase would make it a huge deal.

• Love 2
  • Like 2