Re-recording her albums in her natural voice? (Britney’s Version)

also this might be a controversial opinion but i am not a fan of her deep tone. it sounds so generic. her nasal sweet tone is what made her her. also i think Britney likes using it. remember when she said she wanted her voice raspy when she was recordig BOMT. i think we need to stop with the idea that she was forced to use it. i think Britney herself wanted too

• Love 1
1 hour ago, boyinthemirror said:

Her baby voice is absolutely epic

7 minutes ago, Britney-fan12332143 said:

agree. i love her baby voice

2 hours ago, ivobb said:

Why are people so like obsessed with her ‘natural voice’, her baby voice is epic and made her who she is, the songs are fine the way they are 

Her angelic falsetto >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> using vocal fry. :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

• Love 2
  • Haha 1
  • Like 1
  • Super Mods
20 minutes ago, RedBloodedWoman said:

It wasn’t “fraudulent” she just didn’t own her masters.... usually labels will cover thousands of dollars in studio fees, physical copies, & promotion and in their record they it’ll say they retain the masters to all recordings they funded. You can try & clarify you wish to keep all your masters before signing everything but it all depends on if the gatekeeper is willing. Even if they label keeps the rights to masters they usually give the artists an opportunity to buy their own masters back. Taylor just loves to play the victim & knew her fanbase would make it a huge deal.

Im in no way a stan, but buying back YOUR own masters for MILLIONS of dollars is a pure fraud, which is what Braun did to Taylor. I'm well aware that most artists end up buying their masters once they make it really big, but the price Braun gave to Taylor was a literal ripoff and he wanted to set himself for life by doing this. Taylor is not an idiot, and neither are any other big artists, they've seen it all. I'm completely on her side when it comes to this tbh.

• Love 1
  • Super Mods
6 minutes ago, CarTurn said:

Britney owns her masters? How do you know that?? 

This was stated in her contract post BJ. After BJ she signed up for 4 new albums with RCA, Glory being the first. The contract stated she owns all her masters from the beginning of her career to that day. I know it leaked back in 2014 and I read through it. They also agreed to let Britney make 75% of decisions when it comes to an album, hence why Glory really was produced according to her own vision :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

• Like 5
8 minutes ago, Britney-fan12332143 said:

also this might be a controversial opinion but i am not a fan of her deep tone. it sounds so generic. her nasal sweet tone is what made her her. also i think Britney likes using it. remember when she said she wanted her voice raspy when she was recordig BOMT. i think we need to stop with the idea that she was forced to use it. i think Britney herself wanted too

Vocal fry doesn't sound much better. The reason her deep tone sounds bad to most people is because she's lowering her larynx, the same thing Xtina did, to achieve a more powerful sound. Anyways, she's a Mezzo-Soprano, so like she's going to sound like other Mezzos. 

Britney's falsetto is perfection IMO because it remains the most natural part of her voice. IDC whether or not JIVE wanted her to sing more feminine. Look at the performance of Don't Let Me Be the Last to Know on The View. The lower parts aren't done as well as they could be but her falsetto is lovely. 

• Love 6
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, Britney-fan12332143 said:

also. the baby voice is her real voice. she is just adding distortion. loads of pop singgers do it. Arianna does it but no one says anything about that. that is not her real voice. its a style choice and for britney it works

A style choice that is know to be vocally damaging if you overuse it, FYI. :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

The people at JIVE had no idea what they were doing, it's well known that singing with vocal fry should NEVER be overused because it can cause significant damage. We're all taught that when we first start singing and try to sound super deep and our vocal coach is like, "no plz, no". :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

• Love 2
  • Like 1
Just now, Hooked-On-Knee said:

A style choice that is know to be vocally damaging if you overuse it, FYI. :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

The people at JIVE had no idea what they were doing, it's well known that singing with vocal fry should NEVER be overused because it can cause significant damage. We're all taught that when we first start singing and try to sound super deep and our vocal coach is like, "no plz, no". :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

i am a vocal coach and i have had loads of students use vocal styling in a healthy way. what Britney is doing yes might not be healthy. but it creates a sound that is very distinctive  

• Haha 2
  • Like 1
Just now, Britney-fan12332143 said:

i am a vocal coach and i have had loads of students use vocal styling in a healthy way. what Britney is doing yes might not be healthy. but it creates a sound that is very distinctive  

Yes, and Britney was styling her voice in a healthy way prior to JIVE. Surely they could have just stopped her from singing with a low larynx as opposed to making everything super unhealthy in terms of vocal technique. :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

What's the point of a distinctive voice if it's broken? Style isn't a bad thing, but you are never supposed to a) try to sing like someone else on a regular daily basis and b) not supposed to overuse vocal fry, vocal fry became her most used register and then..... :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

• Love 2
  • Like 1
14 minutes ago, Britney-fan12332143 said:

remember when she said she wanted her voice raspy when she was recordig BOMT. i think we need to stop with the idea that she was forced to use it.

The reason they went with that choice is because in one of the demo tapes, Britney went off key on a high note but they liked it and developed it further. 

• Love 2
  • Like 1

Martin’s demo vocals for “...Baby One More Time,” which he delivered with the seductive inflection suited for an R&B ballad, laid out much of what would become Spears’ iconically alluring “Britney voice.” With the exception of a slight key change and the elimination of Martin’s Swedish-English lyrical mash, the final version of the song was almost identical to the original, Lunt says.

Yet as much as she followed Martin’s template, “Britney voice” is obviously her creation as well — the song has an unmistakably feminine stamp. Lis Lewis, a vocal coach who has worked with Spears as well as various other pop artists, compares Spears’ voice on the song to “valley girl” speak, describing the girlish and youthful aspects of Spears’ voice as “how high school kids talk.” Notably, in the song’s video, Spears overemphasizes her tongue during the delivery of the melodic punchlines: I must confess, I still be-lieve.

Lewis says she couldn’t ever recall a singer delivering her vocals in such a manner at the time. “It’s really common now,” she explains, both in videos she sees and in her work with other singers. “I always notice singers who use their tongue [and] push it outside their mouth. When you speak, you don’t do that. It would be much more difficult to actually sing it that way [it is in the video]. The other side is that it’s ***ier.”

As the song blew up, that strange vocal stamp quickly led to imitators across the music industry — like Mandy Moore’s “Candy,” which laid bouncy ohs and yeahs over funky production in 1999. Says Lunt, “‘...Baby One More Time’ immediately spawned young, female teen singers that just came out of the bushes.” Songwriter Nicole Morier, who wrote for Spears’ Blackout and Circus albums, has encountered plenty of them. “I had worked with other artists who had imitated that sound,” she says. “[Spears] just does it. I almost fell off my chair the first time I heard it while recording. It’s **** and coy without trying hard.”

https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/pop/8481607/britney-spears-singing-voice-baby-one-more-time-vocals

• Like 1