Re-recording her albums in her natural voice? (Britney’s Version)

7 minutes ago, Britney-fan12332143 said:

i also am thinking. she will not sound the same as she did when she was using the deep voice. becuase she has grown up. when you mature your vocal folds begin to mature too. so if she were to us ethe depe tone it would sound very diffrent

Well I mean, aging isn't the only factor. The vocal fry damage may (or may not have, depending on how bad the damage truly is) have lowered her voice type completely. Smoking also doesn't do much good so that may have also lowered her overall voice.

Imagine if she comes back singing like Cher. :orangu_orangutan_ape:

• Love 1
  • Haha 2
4 minutes ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

Well I mean, aging isn't the only factor. The vocal fry damage may (or may not have, depending on how bad the damage truly is) have lowered her voice type completely. Smoking also doesn't do much good so that may have also lowered her overall voice.

Imagine if she comes back singing like Cher. :orangu_orangutan_ape:

i am wondering if she sometimes sings with the nasal voice like habbit. like she doesnt relise she is doing it, also when if she gets new management they will want her to sing with it, since its her style

• Like 1
Just now, Britney-fan12332143 said:

i am wondering if she sometimes sings with the nasal voice like habbit. like she doesnt relise she is doing it, also when if she gets new management they will want her to sing with it, since its her style

Yeah.

Although if she does get new management, I'm almost sure they'd want to capitalize on her situation and if she does make a new record. It'll probs be marketed as "deep" and "authentic". 

• Love 1
  • Like 1
39 minutes ago, BUWYGF said:

This was stated in her contract post BJ. After BJ she signed up for 4 new albums with RCA, Glory being the first. The contract stated she owns all her masters from the beginning of her career to that day. I know it leaked back in 2014 and I read through it. They also agreed to let Britney make 75% of decisions when it comes to an album, hence why Glory really was produced according to her own vision :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

Thank you for explaining! That’s pretty awesome! 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Britney-fan12332143 said:

i also am thinking. she will not sound the same as she did when she was using the deep voice. becuase she has grown up. when you mature your vocal folds begin to mature too. so if she were to us ethe depe tone it would sound very diffrent

She has sung happy birthday recently in her real voice in 2017, the voice is still there!

Sis what you talking about on this thread:rlynow_britney_really_clasped_um_ok_seriously:

• Love 3
  • Like 2

I think it would be cool if she maybe did like a greatest hits album reworked with different vocals that would be easier to sing live, and maybe include a few fan faves that aren’t big hits. It could be a good way to transition into new music where she utilized her deeper tones more and she can explore other genres. But the “baby” voice is iconic and actually fits well for a lot of the music Britney has made over the years. It would be nice to have the Britney Jean album re-recorded considering the controversy around it, or at least the best songs. 

• Love 5
4 hours ago, BUWYGF said:

This was stated in her contract post BJ. After BJ she signed up for 4 new albums with RCA, Glory being the first. The contract stated she owns all her masters from the beginning of her career to that day. I know it leaked back in 2014 and I read through it. They also agreed to let Britney make 75% of decisions when it comes to an album, hence why Glory really was produced according to her own vision :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

I had no idea about this. No wonder Glory turned out so good. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Britman512 said:

She has sung happy birthday recently in her real voice in 2017, the voice is still there!

Sis what you talking about on this thread:rlynow_britney_really_clasped_um_ok_seriously:

Well I mean, when she did Something To Talk About, it sounded a lot more squeaky than it would have with the voice she had years ago. :cheese_Britney_awkward_cringe_eek:

But yeah overall, it's never too late. I've seen some singers who damaged their voices even pick up with it again in their 80s!

• Love 2

I mean, I do agree with others who said that the baby voice isn’t 100% manufactured. Yes, it’s exaggerated (the vocal fry), BUT her voice is naturally nasally. Even in Mickey Mouse and Star Search when she belts high notes you can hear a bit of nasally vocals (especially in the “I’ll Take You There” performance ad-libs). There’s a video of her performing at someone’s wedding like two months before signing her record deal singing Open Arms and she has the same tone as when she sang it on the BOMT tour. I do think she has a naturally fuller voice but especially when you’re singing songs like Oops you naturally will sound nasally because it’s a fast moving pop song, it doesn’t sound natural to sing it so open or you’ll sound like you’re singing musical theater. 

so, essentially, she has the power to have a more supported sound but the nasally tone will always be there. I think her “real” voice is shown in the Something to Talk About performance. When she sings lower notes and supports it she has a more deeper and fuller sound but when she hits high notes (specifically “love”) she gets more nasal to hit it. 

• Love 3

However interesting idea, there's is no need for it. It would be beneficial to record (possible) new music using her natural voice and just (p)re-record several song for (possible) tour/residency. There really is no need to re-record everything (just like T Swift) because (as some of you pointed out) Britney owns her masters. That's it. :mattafact_alligator_telling_talking_chatting_preaching_green:

• Like 1