This Day in Pop: Raw cut from the original 'Make Me...' video leaks online in 2019 (April 12)

8 hours ago, SUCCESSICA IS A QUEEN said:

Every time someone posts about MM OG video, there will always be a sea of apologists defending the crap that it was. Unfortunately, the OG video (from what we saw) was vulgar but worst of all, looked cheap, desperate and was a turn-off. Sure, the symbolism was brilliant but the portrayal is where it lacked. There’s nothing wrong with being pushing boundaries but when it’s done distastefully, it takes away from its true art form. I understand why Britney didn’t like it and the reason behind it staying in the trash bin. That’s not to say the VEVO one is any better, but point is that fans need to accept that it wasn’t a good video and let it go.

THIS :mimiclap_mariah_clapping_applause_proud_yes_Yas: End ha jade :mimiclap_mariah_clapping_applause_proud_yes_Yas:

• Love 1
8 hours ago, SUCCESSICA IS A QUEEN said:

Every time someone posts about MM OG video, there will always be a sea of apologists defending the crap that it was. Unfortunately, the OG video (from what we saw) was vulgar but worst of all, looked cheap, desperate and was a turn-off. Sure, the symbolism was brilliant but the portrayal is where it lacked. There’s nothing wrong with being **** or pushing boundaries but when it’s done distastefully, it takes away from its true art form. I understand why Britney didn’t like it and the reason behind it staying in the trash bin. That’s not to say the VEVO one is any better, but point is that fans need to accept that it wasn’t a good video and let it go.

It's funny because some people act like the symbolism is this never ever been done thing totally original thing when the symbolism is almost just a longer rehash of the 2001 VMAs performance with the Garden of Eden/loss of innocence theme. :britdrown_britney_tears_crying_drown_ink_black:

Britney to me, didn't like being seen as a **** cos of her kids, and probably cos of their school friends, she always says I'm a mommy now, I can't be to much of this m, it could haunt my boys. 

So that part is a struggle for some of her fans, her kids will always come to play when it's her visuals, especially their in high school age, I don't think she wants to be a Stacy's mom for her boys. 

• Haha 1
15 hours ago, Isla said:

I mean possibly but we don't know for sure. As I said there's so much mystery surrounding the original video. David even said Britney didn't like parts of it. 

Well we know he scrapped her artwork... it was only used again when britney and Jamie stopped speaking..after he cancelled domination... its pretty safe to assume he scrapped the MM video..seen as he scrapped everything so far...britney shot these pics and scenes so its safe to assume she was happy with them..trust its her dads decision to scrap it...and the cage/chains look is the reason why. :bedtime_britney_book_Reading:

7 hours ago, Duff Man said:

Well we know he scrapped her artwork... it was only used again when britney and Jamie stopped speaking..after he cancelled domination... its pretty safe to assume he scrapped the MM video..seen as he scrapped everything so far...britney shot these pics and scenes so its safe to assume she was happy with them..trust its her dads decision to scrap it...and the cage/chains look is the reason why. :bedtime_britney_book_Reading:

Yeah you could be right, but still.... the photoshoot being used now still doesn't make sense to me as I thought Jamie would have tried and stopped it being used if he didn't like it? 

36 minutes ago, Isla said:

Yeah you could be right, but still.... the photoshoot being used now still doesn't make sense to me as I thought Jamie would have tried and stopped it being used if he didn't like it? 

When he temporarily stepped down britney gained permission..remember he did get a restraining order from her son during this as well..im pretty sure its when the other person stepped on judging from the timing 

• Like 1
  • Super Mods

People that hate on Make Me are so sad! Like do you have nothing else to spend your time on? :beynah_beyonce_talking_telling_preaching: The official video is trash and this original video could’ve been miles better... if we had gotten a finalized version of it.

Make Me has had some of the girls seething since it was released... and its impact is still there since some are still seething almost five years later! :byetina_xtina_Christina_aguilera_pink_leave_bye_walk_leave_carpet_cheetah_hat:

• Love 1
  • 11 months later...

With everything we know now, do we think she really hated the video or do we think David was told that by her "team" ? :idkney_britney_glory_carpool_karaoke_unsure_idk_nervous: It's possible she hated it tho, i'm not trying to make everything a conspiracy but we have to be cautious with what she allegedly "said" back in the day :imok_goo_ooze_yellow_slime_mess_blonde:

• Like 2

Unpopular opinion: the original leaked video is so overrated ...I didn't like it .I know that it wasn't 100% the final edited cut but still I don't see any potential with this video..I like the official video of make me with britney and her girls picked up beautiful guys ..I really like it I don't know why all the fans hated it..I don't have a problem with it..yeah I know it's not her best video but it's not her worst either...it was cute  ..fans hated it cause it was a goofy video and it wasn't controversial or 'hot' enough!! Let me remind you that britney made 'boys' video with austin powers !! It was stupid and goofy too..I mean all the parts of Austin powers on boys video were cringe and ruined the whole vibe of the video ,but somehow the fans liked 'boys' ..I don't know,the taste and the opinion of the fans is so confusing sometimes..but we are all different and we see some things differently, that's life!!

1 hour ago, Bratz***** said:

With everything we know now, do we think she really hated the video or do we think David was told that by her "team" ? :idkney_britney_glory_carpool_karaoke_unsure_idk_nervous: It's possible she hated it tho, i'm not trying to make everything a conspiracy but we have to be cautious with what she allegedly "said" back in the day :imok_goo_ooze_yellow_slime_mess_blonde:

I’m almost certain this was the case. What I find weird is that insiders have said it was her label who stopped this video. They said RCA thought she 18 minute long video wouldn’t do well in today’s streaming market so they asked for a shorter cut (the cut we have). Team B produced it but David insisted he didn’t want his work compromised otherwise he would pull out of the project entirely. This is when “Britney says” she didn’t like the video and the whole thing is canned and the Randee video is rushed. 

What I wonder is, if they truly “spoke for Britney”, is what they told her? Like did they just tell her she would be filming another video? I would just love to know more about this. Love or hate this video, I feel like had it been released on time it would’ve been a really big deal (especially if the 18 minute cut was released). I think it would’ve had more people talking and would’ve helped keep Make Me on the radio for a bit longer. Would it have been a number one hit and as iconic as Toxic? No not at all, but it would’ve been warmly received like Work ***** I think and the imagery would’ve paired well with the rest of her videography (at least in my opinion)

I honestly think this was such a missed opportunity. I’m glad that it had to have at least some of a moment with the Glory 2020 release.

• Love 2
On 4/12/2021 at 12:04 PM, PlayboyMommy said:

You forgot to include the original album cover :enigma_alien_blue:

008.jpg

Honestly... Being chained to her home and also asking to be filmed in a cage.. Britney had a clear message for this era. 

I for a long time didn't think she was sending us any messages...but she clearly was :umomg_britney_shocked_wow_omg_surprised_eyes_wide:

I'm not getting into the leaked version because that's not the director's vision so I don't think there's even a point what I'd really like to see is the original director's cut. And I'd really like to know the real story behind this. I don't doubt she might have just hated the video and scrapped the whole thing, but on the other hand seeing the original artwork and how she asked to be filmed in a cage, there's a part of me that thinks it might have more to do with her team, than herself.