This Day in Pop: Raw cut from the original 'Make Me...' video leaks online in 2019 (April 12)

1 hour ago, bitbitboi said:

The original MV was vulgar because LaChapelle is vulgar. Just check his work.

But why did he mean when he said that Britney didn't show up to the Onyx Hotel commercial shoot? Then how did we get these?

It sounds like she didn't show up when she was supposed to, and maybe they shot it later? 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Isla said:

Exhale was crazy that day when the video leaked! I think a lot of us couldn’t believe it. I agree with some fans it doesn’t really fit the meaning of the song and the released video did a lot better. Britney looked amazing in this video though, especially in the cage scenes. A final cut would have been even better. I still wonder why this video got scrapped, it’s always been a mystery to me.

The reason it got scrapped is because jamie realised the cage scene and the glory original art work both had her in cage/chains..this is a direct hit at the cship and jamie was having none of it..he scrapped it

• Like 1
4 hours ago, J in the Mix said:

It was so tasteless for them to leak this as a distraction after forcing her in that crap facility. 

Make Me is such a disaster & so were BOTH videos. Shouldn't have even been a single tbh. 

Invitation should have been the lead single... I have no idea why it wasnt

9 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

unrelated to the meaning of the song (which is a recurrent thing on Britney videos though, including the other David LaChapelle-directed Everytime

6 hours ago, Look But Don't Touch said:

I don't understand why people love this version, it's such a mess and her makeup and hairstyle made her look 50 

6 hours ago, Easy There said:

Imagine being tasteless and blind on top of everything :beynah_beyonce_talking_telling_preaching:

Ot. This leak was such a distraction that had Larry written all over it.

6 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

A horrible, disgusting, badly written, vulgar, cheap, unlikable, disappointing, useless, dull, boring and trashy video aq9Apl8.gif. Never deserved to see the light of the day, or even be leaked it should have just stayed in the vaults where it deserved to stay in, so we did not have to put our eyes all through that torture :slayde_meme_red_glam_neyde_neydeney_britney: Good thing that trash and disgrace of a video was never made the official video of Glory :trash_throw_away_recycle: Lets just not celebrate the "anniversary" of this stain on Britney's videography :rihit_rihanna_annoyed_throw_walk_away_bye_irritated_mad: @MSTAR

6 hours ago, Easy There said:

I guess I find another one to put on ignore.

Actually I have 1 more person in this thread.

Ot. Best mv of all time

5 hours ago, MSTAR said:

What is the connection there? I don’t understand. You don’t have maybe true arguments? I’m here to discuss, not to trash. I just tell my opinion. Wow. I’m not even allowed to say my OWN opinion? Pathetic, that’s just toxic since we are all free to give our opinion. And my opinion, is that music video is just not good and too vulgar, I respect people who like it but I told that objectively, Britney did better music video. @Blackout2006 mentioned me to give my opinion too, as far as I know, we have right to disagree or not like something even if it comes from Britney, right? That being said, does it mean that people with different opinions are not welcomed here? Because I feel that’s true.

For one, the video of Everytime is 100% related to the song. The symbolism of death and rebirth in the music video shows how, "Everytime", she tries to fly, she falls but then she gets back up again when she's reincarnated. But you're forgiven because you stan Oops!..., so elite musical taste. :tiffdrink_miss_ms_ny_new_york_drinking_sips_sipping_tea_straw:

Unrelated but love how people pick and choose what to believe from that statement by David, how some of y'all are like, "Omg it's Larry's fault1!!!!11111", but then go on and use the alleged personal life parts he wrote about when making videos about Free Britney. :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Like 1
24 minutes ago, Duff Man said:

The reason it got scrapped is because jamie realised the cage scene and the glory original art work both had her in cage/chains..this is a direct hit at the cship and jamie was having none of it..he scrapped it

Just now, Hooked-On-Knee said:

Unrelated but love how people pick and choose what to believe from that statement by David, how some of y'all are like, "Omg it's Larry's fault1!!!!11111", but then go on and use the alleged personal life parts he wrote about when making videos about Free Britney. :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

:cackling_cackle_lol_what_unbelievable_disbelief_glasses_meme:

20 minutes ago, Duff Man said:

Invitation should have been the lead single... I have no idea why it wasnt

Now this is something I can agree on. :kylie_proud_yes_wow_impressive_amazing:

Aka worst PR move in a long time. For me, the best part of everything was when David LaChapelle wrote on instagram. He was one of the first that had nothing to gain but spoke the truth. In my opinion, the video was not that bad but also i didnt understand the story of it. Probably with the finished edit it would have made sense.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

For one, the video of Everytime is 100% related to the song. The symbolism of death and rebirth in the music video shows how, "Everytime", she tries to fly, she falls but then she gets back up again when she's reincarnated. But you're forgiven because you stan Oops!..., so elite musical taste. :tiffdrink_miss_ms_ny_new_york_drinking_sips_sipping_tea_straw:

I think that's one way to see it, but to say is 100% related to the song, is a bit of a reach to me. The song never talks about getting back up though, but the thing is, what I meant is in general, many of her videos don't really represent what the song talks about, or their main theme. 

In the end, Everytime song talks about regret and being sorry about a situation apparently Britney was guilty of, but the storyline of the video is Britney is drowning in a bathtub because a paparazzi hit her in the head with a camera, while arguing with her boyfriend. That's a huge contrast right there, but it works for many people.

Oops!... I Did It Again is another one people always complain about, what does a song that talk about playing with the guys' feelings and referencing the Titanic have to do with dancing in Mars? But again, it just works. 

So we don't know, maybe David had a different storyline that actually made sense, even if it wasn't the most logical thing to think about when listening to the song :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know: 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Duff Man said:

I mean possibly but we don't know for sure. As I said there's so much mystery surrounding the original video. David even said Britney didn't like parts of it. 

The original video for Make Me is trash and the official one is also trash. The song is cute, but not a lead single material. This is her worst/forgettable lead single. I won’t say happy birthday because they should’ve scrapped this era as a fetus. :chershade_red_wig_oh_hair_hmm:

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Like 5

Every time someone posts about MM OG video, there will always be a sea of apologists defending the crap that it was. Unfortunately, the OG video (from what we saw) was vulgar but worst of all, looked cheap, desperate and was a turn-off. Sure, the symbolism was brilliant but the portrayal is where it lacked. There’s nothing wrong with being **** or pushing boundaries but when it’s done distastefully, it takes away from its true art form. I understand why Britney didn’t like it and the reason behind it staying in the trash bin. That’s not to say the VEVO one is any better, but point is that fans need to accept that it wasn’t a good video and let it go.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Duff Man said:

That’s not true lol

@PokemonSpearsyou forgot the info about the 18 minute version!

David’s version was gonna be 18 minutes, but RCA thought that wouldn’t do well in the age of  streaming. They asked for a shorter cut, presumably the one we have, but David didn’t want to compromise his work. From there on, it seems Team B used “Britney” as a scapegoat and said that she didn’t like his version and hastily put together the Randee version. There was no realization that Britney was speaking out. That excuse never made sense to begin with. This stuff is storyboarded, discussed and talked about heavily before filming ever takes place. That team of rednecks were too dumb to realize the deeper yet obvious meaning of the MV lol

also I’m screaming at this thread I knew it was gonna be a mess the moment @Blackout2006 entered they HATE that video :blast_explosion_skeleton_skull_fire_flames_boom: also who was the user comparing this video to BOMT, Crazy, and FTBOMBH :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:why were they comparing work Britney did as a 17 year old to work she did when she was nearly 40? :clownery_makeup_meme:

• Haha 3
  • Like 1
12 minutes ago, studlygeorge said:

That’s not true lol

@PokemonSpearsyou forgot the info about the 18 minute version!

David’s version was gonna be 18 minutes, but RCA thought that wouldn’t do well in the age of  streaming. They asked for a shorter cut, presumably the one we have, but David didn’t want to compromise his work. From there on, it seems Team B used “Britney” as a scapegoat and said that she didn’t like his version and hastily put together the Randee version. There was no realization that Britney was speaking out. That excuse never made sense to begin with. This stuff is storyboarded, discussed and talked about heavily before filming ever takes place. That team of rednecks were too dumb to realize the deeper yet obvious meaning of the MV lol

also I’m screaming at this thread I knew it was gonna be a mess the moment @Blackout2006 entered they HATE that video :blast_explosion_skeleton_skull_fire_flames_boom: also who was the user comparing this video to BOMT, Crazy, and FTBOMBH :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:why were they comparing work Britney did as a 17 year old to work she did when she was nearly 40? :clownery_makeup_meme:

Lmao @Blackout2006 really hate this video, and I agree with him because it’s just too inappropriate.

Lol no I wasn’t comparing Britney’s whole work when she had 17 yo to her work at 35, it’s nothing about the work but just about the perspective of the music videos.

Yes, she is now a woman, not a teen anymore. But that’s not the question here. It’s more about the content, the old music videos were just fun and more mature compared to the unreleased music video of Make Me. I mean, when we look at Make Me’s mv content, I don’t think there’s something interesting except being too vulgar and inappropriate. We can also take the example of Toxic, Britney did the video in a "classy" way. That’s what we are telling by comparing the old videos with the Make Me, her old videos weren’t that vulgar, this music video would have been censored on TV so what’s the point? To make it a flop? I hope you understant more what I mean because idk if I explained correctly.

Both original and official videos are trash, that’s all.

• Like 2