Do you think Britney will ever perform again?

6 hours ago, Alexa James said:

What do you mean by ‘Prime knee’? I thought you said the knee injury did not permanently ruin her dance skills?

Many people refer to her as "knee" for short so in this came "prime knee" is short for "prime britney"

Is my understanding 

On 3/30/2021 at 9:11 PM, Alexa James said:

It’s really not clear at the moment. Britney’s (former?) manager stated that he does not believe that she will ever perform again, while her son said that she’s probably going to quit recording music. I have read reports that have indicated that she either wants to quit show business entirely or will not perform again as long as she is under a conservatorship. 
What do you all believe? I’m personally not sure. Part of me believes that her passion for performing will return and she will be back on stage. Another part believes that she has given this her all and that she is done for good. 
I mean she hasn’t released an album in almost 5 years. Although, she did start working on one shortly after Glory was released.

I noticed that during her last few performances, she was looking very tired and burnt out like she didn’t want to be there. Therefore, Britney might have lost her drive. I do want her to be happy and if that means retiring, then so be it. However, it makes me kind of sad to think that this is it. 

Yes. Britney can't afford to not work or perform again.

17 hours ago, yves said:

she said it already,

cmon guys, shes britney spears, dont be predictable

and I'm sure a lot of cool musicians will go after her when she's finally free

Well, she was very hesitant when responding. I think she said “of course” to get the guy to stop asking questions. If she said something like  “Idk” or “probably not”, the guy would ask even more follow up questions. Her response didn’t seem confident. Plus, she told her son that she “might just quit it”. Seems like she’s ambivalent now.

• Like 1
On 3/31/2021 at 3:25 PM, Saoru said:

No, I can't see her ever performing again. If she was a vocalist then yeah, sure maybe. But britney is not known for her vocals but for the dancing/running around . She isn't going to start relying on live vocal performances now. 

Britney will be in her mid 40s before she is free. Can you imagine her trying to do a 90 min show after 7/8 years without practice at that age? 

Britney as a performer is gone/retired. 

It's time for her to live her life now. She owes us nothing. 

Maybe for those upset at this.. Its OK to look/enjoy/Stan other artists too. 

Why? Look at Madonna. I think Britney will perform again when her personal life is stable and she has a good team. A lot of the problems she’s had have to do with the ****ty industry itself. Quality over quantity is something she can consider now. FF era and Glory are a great example. I don’t know why she was allowed more artistic freedom but most likely because she was already signed in Vegas and not required to tour resulting in less promo budget from the label but the album was much better than BJ and where I love FF, it had depth and wasn’t generic. I can see her continuing to do what she loves as long as she has more creative freedom and doesn’t have to commit to a tour. Vegas again if anything and a traveling summer set.

I would be happy if she does a visual album, and maybe promote it with a pre recorded small concert kinda like ABC In the Zone special;  she is always fire on videos

I do believe she has a degree of social anxiety, and that makes it difficult for her to perform, but on a more private setting she tends to let loose

49 minutes ago, TakeYourHand said:

Why? Look at Madonna. I think Britney will perform again when her personal life is stable and she has a good team. A lot of the problems she’s had have to do with the ****ty industry itself. Quality over quantity is something she can consider now. FF era and Glory are a great example. I don’t know why she was allowed more artistic freedom but most likely because she was already signed in Vegas and not required to tour resulting in less promo budget from the label but the album was much better than BJ and where I love FF, it had depth and wasn’t generic. I can see her continuing to do what she loves as long as she has more creative freedom and doesn’t have to commit to a tour. Vegas again if anything and a traveling summer set.

To answer 'why'.. Its pretty much what I have already said but Madonna sings live, britney doesn't and won't start now. Britney relies on dancing. She has been out of the game for almost 3 years already. There is no way she can come back in a few more years. Her stamina will be gone. Take away britneys dancing and there is nothing left for a performance. 

People won't accept her walking around the stage to 30 year old vocals. 

The gap between performing femme fatale and pom was only 2 years  December 2011 - December 2013, and she was not great. It took a long time for her to fully execute the choreography and for her stamina to return. Dont forget she was in her early 30s then. This will be magnified with a huge gap and older age. 33ish vs 45? (who knows when she will be free) 

Another album in a couple years down the road is possible I suppose but it won't be preformed/toured

That's my reasoning anyway. 

15 minutes ago, Saoru said:

To answer 'why'.. Its pretty much what I have already said but Madonna sings live, britney doesn't and won't start now. Britney relies on dancing. She has been out of the game for almost 3 years already. There is no way she can come back in a few more years. Her stamina will be gone. Take away britneys dancing and there is nothing left for a performance. 

People won't accept her walking around the stage to 30 year old vocals. 

The gap between performing femme fatale and pom was only 2 years  December 2011 - December 2013, and she was not great. It took a long time for her to fully execute the choreography and for her stamina to return. Dont forget she was in her early 30s then. This will be magnified with a huge gap and older age. 33ish vs 45? (who knows when she will be free) 

Another album in a couple years down the road is possible I suppose but it won't be preformed/toured

That's my reasoning anyway. 

I mean no offense to Britney but she hasn’t danced consistently great since her Onyx tour lol. Didn’t stop people from watching her shows all these years later. Domination looked like it was shaping up to be very similar to Piece of me and who knows how long tickets would have sold for that show but Britney will always be wanted by the world and I think she’d be capable of performing a Domination level show down the road. She’s not working now and the demand is still high. She’s everywhere. Not to mention there’s other alternatives to just dancing in a show. Her production would have to be done very well but I’m sure someone like her who likes to stay fit can always touch up on her dancing when the time comes. Forty isn’t that old lol. 

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, TakeYourHand said:

I mean no offense to Britney but she hasn’t danced consistently great since her Onyx tour lol. Didn’t stop people from watching her shows all these years later. Domination looked like it was shaping up to be very similar to Piece of me and who knows how long tickets would have sold for that show but Britney will always be wanted by the world and I think she’d be capable of performing a Domination level show down the road. She’s not working now and the demand is still high. She’s everywhere. Not to mention there’s other alternatives to just dancing in a show. Her production would have to be done very well but I’m sure someone like her who likes to stay fit can always touch up on her dancing when the time comes. Forty isn’t that old lol. 

Yeah she hasnt been consistent in that regard.

40s is not old but for a dancer is generally unheard of to be fair.  Same with most Athletes. Who knows what the future holds though. Let's pray its positive. 

I'm not convinced that the interest from the general population in britney right now will translate to an interest in her music. Most of the interest is sympathy but that doesn't mean all those people will be listening to future music. That is something that shouldn't be confused. 

nah she wasn’t hesitant at all and she could just stay in silence instead of answering anything. I’m sure Britney doesn’t want to give her money away to this people taking care of the conservatorship, but I’m sure she still have love for her music. 

10 minutes ago, Saoru said:

40s is not old but for a dancer is generally unheard of to be fair.  Same with most Athletes. Who knows what the future holds though. Let's pray its positive. 

I'm not convinced that the interest from the general population in britney right now will translate to an interest in her music. Most of the interest is sympathy but that doesn't mean all those people will be listening to future music. That is something that shouldn't be confused. 

Have you seen the react music video for the *****cat dolls. Nicole Scherzinger and the rest of them are in their late 30s/early 40s and they were dancing really well. They’ve also danced like they did in the music video on stage! 

Britney could do concerts again but I don’t think it would be at the intensity of POM. She might be able to do a residency with 1 show every week or every other week. I think she’d be able to dance really well if there is time between the performances. 

12 minutes ago, Saoru said:

JLO in her 40s was still one of the best performers in game. Heck ieven in her 50s she is better than most ppl.

Ik ik Britney is not on JLOs level nor she has that drive.