Pink mentions Britney in the making of the Lady Marmalade video

1 hour ago, OCBoy1985 said:

I can definitely agree with what you're saying.  

At 1st they didn't respect Madonna either until after Ray Of Light, when she damn near had 20 yrs in.

I think they would have been a Power couple no doubt like Bey and Jay!

I hope someday the same thing happens to Britney tbh, she deserves more credit and respect! 

They would have destroyed the industry. Eminem was the artist who sold more records in the 00s and Britney the female one. But he's too messy, it'd never worked out in the long run lol imagine all the songs he'd do dissing her if she dumped his *** lmfao 

1 hour ago, Onyx_Zone-89 said:

Because you don't think Britney had enough sass. .. hell yeah she did, especially back then. Maybe you meant vocals, in that case, then yeah vocally I don't think she would've fit in. I actually like everyone in this collab, even Myah lol

I think Britney would have done great in Lady Marmalade too. At that point she already had done DLMBTLTK that caused a lot of controversy back then, including the fact that both Lynne and Justin didn't like the video. I remember people were shocked with that video lol 

1 hour ago, Bundy said:

I hope someday the same thing happens to Britney tbh, she deserves more credit and respect! 

They would have destroyed the industry. Eminem was the artist who sold more records in the 00s and Britney the female one. But he's too messy, it'd never worked out in the long run lol imagine all the songs he'd do dissing her if she dumped his *** lmfao 

OMG U ain't never lied about that!

He still makes songs about my other fav Mariah & that was 20 yrs ago. 🤦🏽‍♂️

It's going to happen and it's going to happen when she gets out of that damn conservatorship and take control of her life and her career and make the music BRITNEY wants too!

Some fans keep saying she's retired or she's going to retire after the conservatorship and she's not.  Britney been singing and performing her entire life and I don't see her stopping .. she'll eventually get that itch to perform and release new music again after all the smoke is cleared and that's when I think she's going to get her just do and hopefully another ******* Grammy!

IDC about the commercial success side of things (Of course I want her to do good) I just want her to make the music she wants too and perform her *** off!

• Love 1

"Tired of being compared, to damn Britney Spears" - Pink

I don't think Britney wasn't on this for money it was probably the promo obligations. She was most likely filming Crossroads/recording Britney during this time and it would have put that on hold. She would have had to perform it multiple times and the scheduling just wasn't there. Pink, Xtina, Mya and Lil Kim were all between albums at this point and needed the boost.  

On 3/27/2021 at 8:43 AM, BUWYGF said:

I will never realize why Britney wasn't invited into this song tbh? Like, she was THE *** symbol of those times :lostney_britney_what_confused_huh_who_looking_around_glory: I mean the song is still iconic, but it would be 10 times more if Britney had participated. Idk, it just feels like a weird decision to not have the biggest star of the moment into a strong song lol 

They should have used her instead of mya 

13 hours ago, OCBoy1985 said:

Thats 1 of the main reasons why I can't stand Katy Perry, she's an awful human being.  That and her music is awful and hasn't exactly aged the best ... Karma did its job with Ms Perry tho.

Her career as a commercially successful Pop star is LONG GONE and now she's been downgraded to a reality show star. 😭

my problem with her is that she was fake from the start..literally the fakest celebrity alive..she acted like a insanely nice..ditsy, kind of dumbed down singer for the audience,  some people like myself can see right through that bullshot 

She was even more of a bimbo than britney or Paris Hilton..or at least tried to act like one..

Then she started showing hints at her real personality and it became abundantly clear, this was all an act for the cameras and her 14 year old fans.. as someone who likes Russell brand i just can't believe he'd go out with someone like her? 

I mean look at katy here talking down to britney.. now compare this to the modern day katy 

fake *** *****

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Duff Man said:

my problem with her is that she was fake from the start..literally the fakest celebrity alive..she acted like a insanely nice..ditsy, kind of dumbed down singer for the audience,  some people like myself can see right through that bullshot 

She was even more of a bimbo than britney or Paris Hilton..or at least tried to act like one..

Then she started showing hints at her real personality and it became abundantly clear, this was all an act for the cameras and her 14 year old fans.. as someone who likes Russell brand i just can't believe he'd go out with someone like her? 

I mean look at katy here talking down to britney.. now compare this to the modern day katy 

fake *** *****

OMG I can't stand that cu*t b*%ct she's a vile deplorable woman to say the least, & just how did Britney cause her own problems?

WOW I never seen this before.

She used to attack Mariah for absolutely no reason at all smh.

I always seen right through that BS too, the same way I see through Taylor Swift good girl persona. 

27 minutes ago, OCBoy1985 said:

OMG I can't stand that cu*t b*%ct she's a vile deplorable woman to say the least, & just how did Britney cause her own problems?

WOW I never seen this before.

She used to attack Mariah for absolutely no reason at all smh.

I always seen right through that BS too, the same way I see through Taylor Swift good girl persona. 

I actually don't mind taylor swift..shes definitely more authentic and real than katy Perry,  taylor doesn't go round dragging other artists in the way that Katy and xtina have

3 hours ago, Duff Man said:

I actually don't mind taylor swift..shes definitely more authentic and real than katy Perry,  taylor doesn't go round dragging other artists in the way that Katy and xtina have

That's true!  She stays in her lane and mind her business.  Those other 2 are something tho and Katy imo is not talented, at least Xtina has a great voice and can sing her *** off.

Some of these artists nowadays don't have respect for the ones that came before them and paved the way for them!

On 3/27/2021 at 2:43 PM, BUWYGF said:

I will never realize why Britney wasn't invited into this song tbh? Like, she was THE *** symbol of those times :lostney_britney_what_confused_huh_who_looking_around_glory: I mean the song is still iconic, but it would be 10 times more if Britney had participated. Idk, it just feels like a weird decision to not have the biggest star of the moment into a strong song lol 

Her vocals would have been overshadowed by Pink and Floptina:crying2_britney_crying_tears_2003_diane_sobbing_sad:

On 3/27/2021 at 5:43 AM, BUWYGF said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if she turned it down before mya or christina. I can see britney not wanting to do such a big cover and be known for it as her legacy.

On 3/29/2021 at 5:02 PM, OCBoy1985 said:

OMG U ain't never lied about that!

He still makes songs about my other fav Mariah & that was 20 yrs ago. 🤦🏽‍♂️

It's going to happen and it's going to happen when she gets out of that damn conservatorship and take control of her life and her career and make the music BRITNEY wants too!

Some fans keep saying she's retired or she's going to retire after the conservatorship and she's not.  Britney been singing and performing her entire life and I don't see her stopping .. she'll eventually get that itch to perform and release new music again after all the smoke is cleared and that's when I think she's going to get her just do and hopefully another ******* Grammy!

IDC about the commercial success side of things (Of course I want her to do good) I just want her to make the music she wants too and perform her *** off!

Britney made two artists so ******* pressed to write diss tracks about her, one of them still wrote many others songs even many years later lol so I bet Eminem would be so inspired to write his own diss track about Britney if he had the chance too lol I mean, he has a song about ******* her while she was a teenager :grimace_judging_judge_squint_ew_gross_red_white_annoyed: and there's that one that he talks about having a crush on her. 

The cship pretty much killed her artistry too. Imagine not being able to freely do the music u want how u want it at ur ******* 30s being a recording artist for over 20 years already. It's embarrassing, that would throw off anyone. Imo her best albums were the ones where she had more freedom to do what she wanted and to go the direction she really wanted, they were less poppy, more mature and diverse. Her team are obsessed with keeping her with this *** kitten image forever. 

I think Britney must be bored rn, but I really don't know if she misses performing. I mean, if Britney had freedom to go wherever she wanted, to do whatever she felt like, I wonder if she would still be working or simply finally enjoying her life as she pleased at peace. Her career, success, fame and fortune all made her a prisoner for having that family of vultures. I wouldn't be surprised if she started hating her career and seeing only as a job bc of the cship, bc of the threats and whatever she had to do to see her kids. I would have hated it too. But Imo Britney still has so much to give and explore. It's sad that since 2008 she kinda stopped evolving as an artist bc of all these ridiculous restrictions they have over her. I'd love if she challenged herself doing more songs like Someday, Everytime, playing the piano and showing more off her raw talent. I mean, who knows what these liars tell her. Maybe she even thinks her fans only want to see her in leotards lip syncing to 23 old vocals and doing those lame choreographies. She's so much more than this and I hope someday when she's free if she still wants to work, she will do the music she wants. Only delusional fans still think she can be 2003ney again, I think the majority of us only wanted smt more honest that she really wanted to do and her team wouldn't sabotage bc it's not what they expect from her since they are forever stuck in 1998. I mean I love FF but I def don't think she was into that album for example. 

On 3/29/2021 at 8:23 PM, soforlaters said:

"Tired of being compared, to damn Britney Spears" - Pink

I don't think Britney wasn't on this for money it was probably the promo obligations. She was most likely filming Crossroads/recording Britney during this time and it would have put that on hold. She would have had to perform it multiple times and the scheduling just wasn't there. Pink, Xtina, Mya and Lil Kim were all between albums at this point and needed the boost.  

That line completely was misunderstood..

She basically said 

"LA told me you'll be a pop star, all you have to do is change everything you are" 

It was never a diss to Britney, it was her telling la, that's basically not me or will be. 

She defended Britney more than Xtina 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Bundy said:

Britney made two artists so ******* pressed to write diss tracks about her, one of them still wrote many others songs even many years later lol so I bet Eminem would be so inspired to write his own diss track about Britney if he had the chance too lol I mean, he has a song about ******* her while she was a teenager :grimace_judging_judge_squint_ew_gross_red_white_annoyed: and there's that one that he talks about having a crush on her. 

The cship pretty much killed her artistry too. Imagine not being able to freely do the music u want how u want it at ur ******* 30s being a recording artist for over 20 years already. It's embarrassing, that would throw off anyone. Imo her best albums were the ones where she had more freedom to do what she wanted and to go the direction she really wanted, they were less poppy, more mature and diverse. Her team are obsessed with keeping her with this *** kitten image forever. 

I think Britney must be bored rn, but I really don't know if she misses performing. I mean, if Britney had freedom to go wherever she wanted, to do whatever she felt like, I wonder if she would still be working or simply finally enjoying her life as she pleased at peace. Her career, success, fame and fortune all made her a prisoner for having that family of vultures. I wouldn't be surprised if she started hating her career and seeing only as a job bc of the cship, bc of the threats and whatever she had to do to see her kids. I would have hated it too. But Imo Britney still has so much to give and explore. It's sad that since 2008 she kinda stopped evolving as an artist bc of all these ridiculous restrictions they have over her. I'd love if she challenged herself doing more songs like Someday, Everytime, playing the piano and showing more off her raw talent. I mean, who knows what these liars tell her. Maybe she even thinks her fans only want to see her in leotards lip syncing to 23 old vocals and doing those lame choreographies. She's so much more than this and I hope someday when she's free if she still wants to work, she will do the music she wants. Only delusional fans still think she can be 2003ney again, I think the majority of us only wanted smt more honest that she really wanted to do and her team wouldn't sabotage bc it's not what they expect from her since they are forever stuck in 1998. I mean I love FF but I def don't think she was into that album for example. 

Wow that's so true! I always say the same thing too and that's why I think Blackout and ITZ are her best albums for that very reason!  While I really do enjoy Femme Fatale too, I don't think Britney was too crazy about that album.  Circus, Femme Fatale and Britney Jean were all supposed to be different albums. Britney wanted to go more in a R&B/Hip Hop sound and she was definitely right because R&B/Hip-Hop has a a HUGE resurgence in recents yrs and she seen that that was about to happen and her team wanted to keep her in that Pop *** kitten box forever.

I remember Hit Boy saying that he worked with Britney around 2013 but we never got those songs?

Kinda like when they didn't want her to do that song with Nelly? 

Also I don't even think Britney could afford to never work again, that's something U won't hear any fans say.  Forbes has reported that Britney is only worth 60 million.  Sure that might seem like a ton of money to me and U but in her world where she has to employ several people, still paying child support for another 4/5 yrs (I'm sure her boys will go to college so Kevin will still be getting paid unfortunately) and then all of her bills and ****.

Britney has to work again simply because she can't afford to not work again specially with those leeches sucking her $$ dry.

It was reported that Britney was once worth close to 300m, so where did all her damn money go?

That's what I want to know!  This entire conservatorship case needs to be examine by a forensic accounting agency or something and I would also say that the judges in her case and the doctors all should be reviewed too!

Britney would not have worked on this song at the time. People forget that around 2001 she was still seen as this nice girly girl. The **** Britney came later with the Britney era. People were already questioning her virgin comments, and even though she only wore tank tops, some people already tried to ***ualise her, if she had been part of Lady Marmalade, the press would had attack her soooo bad.  Im glad she was not part of the song, Slave4U would not have the impact it had.

Also I doubt Xtina, would allow someone else take the light from her, and at the time she was a little jealous of Britney so yeah, Im glad she was never in the song. 

32 minutes ago, Jaime45x said:

Britney would not have worked on this song at the time. People forget that around 2001 she was still seen as this nice girly girl. The **** Britney came later with the Britney era. People were already questioning her virgin comments, and even though she only wore tank tops, some people already tried to ***ualise her, if she had been part of Lady Marmalade, the press would had attack her soooo bad.  Im glad she was not part of the song, Slave4U would not have the impact it had.

Also I doubt Xtina, would allow someone else take the light from her, and at the time she was a little jealous of Britney so yeah, Im glad she was never in the song. 

Xtina only got the part cos of Rom fair, pink let it out of that bag, then had the audacity to steal Linda Perry from Pink, a hero to pink, that she personally sought..never got the credit that she deserved for making Linda relevant again after all she's technically a one hit wonder..

LA was right..

There wouldn't be a beautiful, if there wasn't Missindaztood 

1 minute ago, Spicechinodiva said:

Xtina only got the part cos of Rom fair, pink let it out of that bag, then had the audacity to steal Linda Perry from Pink, a hero to pink, that she personally sought..never got the credit that she deserved for making Linda relevant again after all she's technically a one hit wonder..

LA was right..

There wouldn't be a beautiful, if there wasn't Missindaztood 

And? Xtina was still the star of the song. Pink will never had the lead.