Pink mentions Britney in the making of the Lady Marmalade video

21 hours ago, Duff Man said:

This wasn't even the link I was looking for but here you go 

in another video on his mtv documentary he said "I love britney and she knows that, the only reason I'll mention britney is because I know shes cool with it, she can take a joke and thats why..she knows how much I like her" 

I'll try and find the link..but the above basically says what he thinks..hes a stan! 

Also he never means most of his slim shady lyrics.. hes never really shaded her , hes dressed up as her ,hes rapped about her, but never really shaded HER personally 

Yet the things he said xtina over the years..because xtina shaded him also 

sounds like true love to me

totally respectful too

2 hours ago, OCBoy1985 said:

Yes I think so not really sure tho.  

Tbh I do think if he had the opportunity he'd have dated her and thought she was attractive (basically every guy had the hots for her back then, so that wouldn't be really a surprise to anyone) but at the same time, I don't think he respected her as an person and as an artist. Having a crush on someone is different from respecting their personal decisions and career. 

0:46 

On 3/27/2021 at 9:43 AM, BUWYGF said:

I will never realize why Britney wasn't invited into this song tbh? Like, she was THE *** symbol of those times :lostney_britney_what_confused_huh_who_looking_around_glory: I mean the song is still iconic, but it would be 10 times more if Britney had participated. Idk, it just feels like a weird decision to not have the biggest star of the moment into a strong song lol 

I actually love it that she was NOT asked to participate. Britney is iconic on her own. She doesn't need a girl gang to support her.

If you ask me, to me it was really shady that she wasn't asked, but at the same time I really don't think she would work in a girl group... She's too much of a figure herself.

Remember the Pepsi ad with Pink and Beyoncé? I honestly think she looks so awkward and out of her element there, I could bet she was NOT having a good time.

• Love 2
On 3/27/2021 at 9:43 AM, BUWYGF said:

I will never realize why Britney wasn't invited into this song tbh? Like, she was THE *** symbol of those times :lostney_britney_what_confused_huh_who_looking_around_glory: I mean the song is still iconic, but it would be 10 times more if Britney had participated. Idk, it just feels like a weird decision to not have the biggest star of the moment into a strong song lol 

Britney still had that innocent look when Lady Marmalade was released, it was before "Britney". LD was not for Britney because it was more adult, more ***ual and it was the single for a movie that a courtesan woman as a lead.

• Love 1
On 3/27/2021 at 2:28 PM, Bundy said:

Pink always acted so pressed and kinda jealous towards Britney tbh. I remember when Britney kinda called her out in 2002 for sending Britney flowers and then talking **** about her publicly. 

She always loved to attack some women she acted as if were underneath her like Paris and Jessica too.

I just don't buy her selective feminism. She doesn't say **** about FreeBritney or even Framing Britney, but was quick to like Justin's "apology" post to show him support. So feminist of hers licking a privileged straight white manchild's *** instead of showing any support for his ex who he **** shamed for over a decade :ririshade2_rihanna_eyeroll_roll_eyes_annoyed_irritated_mad:

I don't see it like that. I actually think Pink was just tired of being compared to Britney. I mean, imagine being a female star back then. . .every single interview would involve questions about Britney and every article would constantly compare you to Britney. I think Pink just wanted to stand out with her own image and be known for her own thing. Pink actually always talks nice about Britney . If I remember, back in the day she used to yell "I love Britney Spears" at her concerts. 

She also said this, which was insanely sweet:

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Bundy said:

Tbh I do think if he had the opportunity he'd have dated her and thought she was attractive (basically every guy had the hots for her back then, so that wouldn't be really a surprise to anyone) but at the same time, I don't think he respected her as an person and as an artist. Having a crush on someone is different from respecting their personal decisions and career. 

0:46 

I can definitely agree with what you're saying.  

At 1st they didn't respect Madonna either until after Ray Of Light, when she damn near had 20 yrs in.

I think they would have been a Power couple no doubt like Bey and Jay!

• Like 1
1 minute ago, runpiggierun said:

So how do you know that I didn't know her back then? :gagasmile_smirk_lady_pink:

Because you don't think Britney had enough sass. .. hell yeah she did, especially back then. Maybe you meant vocals, in that case, then yeah vocally I don't think she would've fit in. I actually like everyone in this collab, even Myah lol

• Love 1

She hated the fact,  that only Xtina basically brought financial back up in Ron Fair, the other girls had no representation from label exec's the way Xtina did..

The fact she told Ron Fair.

"Hi, no the f she won't, I think that's what the F'n meeting is about".

They learned not to F with her, and Xtina kept bringing Ron to make sure everything goes her way..

Let's not act like  it's not a known secret she's not a nice person at all, even Mary J. Blige basically said Britney will be in the long run cos she's humble,  something Xtina isn't at all. 

She was trashed but it really was not a hidden secret. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, lili_ballet said:

sounds like true love to me

totally respectful too

Do you know anything about the industry??

Britney said he's a genius but he's a little ****er .. so what??? 

The industry relies on controversy.. Eminem is literally known dragging others

Eminem is upfront about his own druguse.. your argument is literally void..

I knew you was going to be like 'yeah, but what about this track' 

Yeah he's mentioned Britney a fair bit..again,  he knows Britney can take it,  

We made you is a song where he drags almost everyone.. he even pokes fun at himself..of course this was during an age where people weren't such wet wipes..most of his lyrics aren't supposed to be taken seriously.. I should know.. curtain call was the first album I ever bought 

Hes always said he Refrences Britney simply as a joke because its easy and he knows Britney can handle it.. he used to crush on her 

I dont think lyrics like 'forget him or you'll end up in the hospital again' are at all offensive if anythinghe's actually stating what peoplewere thinking...he dragged kfed so much..

Britney and Eminem are equally famous and came up around the same time ..Eminem fancied her and he made that clear before these songs were even produced 

Britney knew xtina didn't like him and yet still mentioned him when they was introducing Whitney Houston at the vmas 

.. Eminem has never hold back when it comes to obscene lyrics.. britney was a huge deal .. naturally shes going to be mentioned same as every other famous person 

Fact is Eminem stated specifically about britney that he doesn't actually mean real shade 

Britney knows the game and how its played,  I really don't think britney lost any sleep from some meaningless lyrics in a meaningless song.. she knows what the music industry is like..this isn't anything new its part of showbiz.. theres a difference between mentioning someone you respect in a song, and going to an event and desperately trying for headlines by going up to reporter's twice and saying 'I havnt shaved my head yet, ill save it for a mental breakdown" .. twice!! ..that is ruthless and desperate.. Katy doesn't have the right to mention britney like this compared to Eminem... Eminem and britney shared the same era's,  the same backlashes,  the same successes 

Katy just randomly went straight there without any respect and clearly tried to mock britney twice...why?? It wasn't funny or even said like it was a joke.. Eminem doesn't mock britney because he's jealous,  he did in the past because he knew britney somewhat,  he knew she wouldn't mind.. and I think they low key respected each other as a person.. britney literally talked about him in her documentary and said "Eminem a genius,  he's a focker but he's a genius , but he complains alot about girls ..and their mothers,  cryy mee a rivvveeer, personally I think its kind  of *****fied (justified- jts album) but that's what people want to see ,how well you can play the game" 

I dont think britney sounds pissed off,  she's literally joking back ..she knows Eminem don't care! ..theres never been tension between the 2 except ***ual :truthtea_sips_britney_2011_ff_femme_fatale_red_mug_spill:

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
On 3/27/2021 at 6:43 AM, BUWYGF said:

Well maybe they did invite her but she and her team determine it was way beneath her (which it was) 

23 minutes ago, Duff Man said:

Do you know anything about the industry??

Britney said he's a genius but he's a little ****er .. so what??? 

The industry relies on controversy.. Eminem is literally known dragging others

Eminem is upfront about his own druguse.. your argument is literally void..

I knew you was going to be like 'yeah, but what about this track' 

Yeah he's mentioned Britney a fair bit..again,  he knows Britney can take it,  

We made you is a song where he drags almost everyone.. he even pokes fun at himself..of course this was during an age where people weren't such wet wipes..most of his lyrics aren't supposed to be taken seriously.. I should know.. curtain call was the first album I ever bought 

Hes always said he Refrences Britney simply as a joke because its easy and he knows Britney can handle it.. he used to crush on her 

I dont think lyrics like 'forget him or you'll end up in the hospital again' are at all offensive if anythinghe's actually stating what peoplewere thinking...he dragged kfed so much..

Britney and Eminem are equally famous and came up around the same time ..Eminem fancied her and he made that clear before these songs were even produced 

Britney knew xtina didn't like him and yet still mentioned him when they was introducing Whitney Houston at the vmas 

.. Eminem has never hold back when it comes to obscene lyrics.. britney was a huge deal .. naturally shes going to be mentioned same as every other famous person 

Fact is Eminem stated specifically about britney that he doesn't actually mean real shade 

Britney knows the game and how its played,  I really don't think britney lost any sleep from some meaningless lyrics in a meaningless song.. she knows what the music industry is like..this isn't anything new its part of showbiz.. theres a difference between mentioning someone you respect in a song, and going to an event and desperately trying for headlines by going up to reporter's twice and saying 'I havnt shaved my head yet, ill save it for a mental breakdown" .. twice!! ..that is ruthless and desperate.. Katy doesn't have the right to mention britney like this compared to Eminem... Eminem and britney shared the same era's,  the same backlashes,  the same successes 

Katy just randomly went straight there without any respect and clearly tried to mock britney twice...why?? It wasn't funny or even said like it was a joke.. Eminem doesn't mock britney because he's jealous,  he did in the past because he knew britney somewhat,  he knew she wouldn't mind.. and I think they low key respected each other as a person.. britney literally talked about him in her documentary and said "Eminem a genius,  he's a focker but he's a genius , but he complains alot about girls ..and their mothers,  cryy mee a rivvveeer, personally I think its kind  of *****fied (justified- jts album) but that's what people want to see ,how well you can play the game" 

I dont think britney sounds pissed off,  she's literally joking back ..she knows Eminem don't care! ..theres never been tension between the 2 except ***ual :truthtea_sips_britney_2011_ff_femme_fatale_red_mug_spill:

Thats 1 of the main reasons why I can't stand Katy Perry, she's an awful human being.  That and her music is awful and hasn't exactly aged the best ... Karma did its job with Ms Perry tho.

Her career as a commercially successful Pop star is LONG GONE and now she's been downgraded to a reality show star. 😭

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Onyx_Zone-89 said:

I don't see it like that. I actually think Pink was just tired of being compared to Britney. I mean, imagine being a female star back then. . .every single interview would involve questions about Britney and every article would constantly compare you to Britney. I think Pink just wanted to stand out with her own image and be known for her own thing. Pink actually always talks nice about Britney . If I remember, back in the day she used to yell "I love Britney Spears" at her concerts. 

She also said this, which was insanely sweet:

Imo she shaded Britney even when she didn't need to and wasn't being compared to her. In 2007 she sang "dont be compared to Britney Spears, she's so crazy, that's just ain't me". Maybe she thinks Britney is sweet, but I don't think she respects Britney as an artist and cares about Britney. And Britney talked about her being phony to her back in 2002 bc she sent her flowers and then talked **** about Britney.