The Original "Make Me" video is rumored to be 18 minutes long and exists, director David LaChapelle says "could be" true

I can see it being true based on a few things.

The whole affair thing that happened with her dancer. These video shoots aren't typically long enough to really get that involved with someone, but if we're talking 18 minutes that drastically extends the shoot and would make more sense.

Larry's "It just didn't work". If they were trying to take an 18 minute video and condense it down, of course it going to be very difficult to make whatever plot they wanted work.

David said the version that did leak wasn't his version. Which would make sense given that his work is typically so polished.

There's really just so much of the Glory launch that just doesn't make sense.

• Love 1

Well usually a director's cut is raw and a lot longer in duration so that's when producers and studios come into play and refine it to make them shorter and cohesive :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

I'm sure David's material is longer than 18 minutes, but that doesn't mean the material is 100% finalized. I'm pretty certain video shooting was never completed and post-production is missing as well so I doubt we'll ever see the raw footage :whitney_houston_huh_oh_really_well_look_stare_welp:

I'd love to see what the original version would have looked like but perhaps it's time to let this go, I truly think Britney didn't feel comfortable with the direction of the video :receipts2_britney_um_browsing_browse:

• Like 1

There are so many times in Britney career, that she has had a amazing idea or instinct & most of them have been vetted or  stopped by her label/ team.

Just let her do her thing, she gets it and always has. This would have been iconic!

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Stannedforever said:

I don't think anyone goes and says "wow make me (any of the versions) is my favorite music video of hers :wow_surprised_shocked_omg:"

It's very more likely that the fanbase loves the mystery around the scrapped concept. I mean gimme more and perfume for example are considered to be one of her worst music videos but still many stans would kill to see the "original concepts" of them. Also we have to remember that the final leaked cut of Make Me we got is pretty much orchestrated by Team C. Wouldn't you be even a little interested to see 18 minute "original" version which could be drastically different? :boredashell_pink_britney_hmm_blink_well_umm:

We saw almost everything from the music video of Gimme More. There’s no funeral scene, Britney never shot them. The only "never seen" scene is this one:

303145_original.jpg
And definitely some unused scenes of Britney dancing in the club (but there would not be any major changes compared to the Official Video/Original Cut leaked in 2011).

I believe the version leaked in 2011 was the first version of the music video where they usued the scenes from july. The Official Video is the new version of Gimme More where they added the scenes from August (which are more likely the blonde Britney scenes with her friends).

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Jordan Miller said:

Where did they say this? And when? Did literally nobody else predict this? Anyone have more info? I'd love to see the receipts. My spidey senses are tingling :snooptoya_jackson_snooping_looking_magnifying_glass_glasses_search:

I think one of a Britney’s fan account on Twitter, they were talking about how he said this on a tweet that was made like in December 2020 I think, and had token a screenshot, I’m trying to find it, it’s like lost in my Twitter somewhere. I also found the source account and I’m still pending to be accepted :parisok_hilton_chewing_gum_pink_phone_Reading:

8 minutes ago, jordeezy said:

But I thought LaChapelle's aesthetic is "cheap and trashy" for the most part. Yes, it's supposed to be tongue in cheek but most of his work overall is pretty bright and overtly ***ual

It's a specific type of artsy, I suppose. I do agree that his stuff is raunchy at times and this could well be why Britney (allegedly) said no in the end. It is indeed bright, colourful, and in your face. It is very bizarre, don't get me wrong. I was referring to the fact that we only have different scenes with a very basic idea what the story is about. The final product could still have been perceived as 'cheap and trashy' but it might have made sense. I don't really know. For the moment we have the different scenes which seem very ***ual but we don't know if they make sense in the grand scene of the whole music video, and if it's 18 minutes indeed, even more so. So idk. Just a wild thought haha

31 minutes ago, Geralt_of_Rivia said:

It's a specific type of artsy, I suppose. I do agree that his stuff is raunchy at times and this could well be why Britney (allegedly) said no in the end. It is indeed bright, colourful, and in your face. It is very bizarre, don't get me wrong. I was referring to the fact that we only have different scenes with a very basic idea what the story is about. The final product could still have been perceived as 'cheap and trashy' but it might have made sense. I don't really know. For the moment we have the different scenes which seem very ***ual but we don't know if they make sense in the grand scene of the whole music video, and if it's 18 minutes indeed, even more so. So idk. Just a wild thought haha

I wasn't very familiar with his old work until I found an old book of his photography in a flea market - it was from way before Britney. It was very overtly ***ual and kind of like a carnival or circus theme. 

• Like 1

Why do I feel like this might have been true? Yeah maybe an 18-minute long music video might not work in this day and age but one of the most iconic music videos of all time is near to this length. Even Gaga has done several 'long-form' music videos.

1 hour ago, BritneyJeanSpearsOfficial said:

I think one of a Britney’s fan account on Twitter, they were talking about how he said this on a tweet that was made like in December 2020 I think, and had token a screenshot, I’m trying to find it, it’s like lost in my Twitter somewhere. I also found the source account and I’m still pending to be accepted :parisok_hilton_chewing_gum_pink_phone_Reading:

@Jordan Miller Update I found it 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, BritneyJeanSpearsOfficial said:

@Jordan Miller Update I found it 

So they will release finally 4K remasters of Britney’s videos next year? So why they are bothering themselves to release those ugly HD remasters now? :huh_britney_confused_what_2003_itz_zone_in_the: They could’ve started remastering her videos since a long time...

I don't think so tbh, I'm a director too I can make a movie with the footage of a MV but you need to respect the vision and the original petition of your client and that's the main problem with David, he's famous for being a "diva" director. David had a huge fight with Madonna during a video shoot and they never worked together again and she was not the only one...

Plus: