The Original "Make Me" video is rumored to be 18 minutes long and exists, director David LaChapelle says "could be" true

11 minutes ago, _genic said:

RCA should release it officially. It is already done and they don't have to spend more money on this. 

Why not just release it and enjoy the attention?

Because Britney probably don’t want as she is a mom, same as the cut of Work B***h (they pushed the limits in fact). If Britney don’t want to people see the video, then I don’t see why everyone wants to watch it. Also, I saw on a video that a woman (probably Britney) screaming "I don’t like iiiit!!!" on set of the original Make Me video. The video is somewhere on the previous pages of the thread.

43 minutes ago, _genic said:

RCA should release it officially. It is already done and they don't have to spend more money on this. 

I was certain they were gonna release it with the rerelease of Glory. I was expecting them to edit it for Mood Ring. I was wrong lol just another missed opportunity 

• Love 1
51 minutes ago, MSTAR said:

Also, I saw on a video that a woman (probably Britney) screaming "I don’t like iiiit!!!" on set of the original Make Me video.

I don't mean you specifically, but it always seemed strange to me that many people took that video as proof that she didn't like everything about the original Make Me video.

1. we do not know to whom these words were intended.

2. it can also mean that she did not like just some aspects.

In other words, there is too little context in that video to draw a definite conclusion.

Tbh, taking into account everything we know now, it still doesn't make sense if it was Britney who rejected the original video. She starred in it and, besides David, she was the one who understood the whole story best of all... I can believe that she had been gaslighted into thinking that it was inappropriate in the end.

The original photo concept for Glory was also rejected.

But who knows what actually happened... definitely not us)

• Love 1
58 minutes ago, DuranDuran said:

I don't mean you specifically, but it always seemed strange to me that many people took that video as proof that she didn't like everything about the original Make Me video.

1. we do not know to whom these words were intended.

2. it can also mean that she did not like just some aspects.

In other words, there is too little context in that video to draw a definite conclusion.

Tbh, taking into account everything we know now, it still doesn't make sense if it was Britney who rejected the original video. She starred in it and, besides David, she was the one who understood the whole story best of all... I can believe that she had been gaslighted into thinking that it was inappropriate in the end.

The original photo concept for Glory was also rejected.

But who knows what actually happened... definitely not us)

I actually share the same opinion as you: no one knows everything. But as you can see in my post, I said a woman by adding "(probably Britney)" as no one can confirm if it’s Britney first of all, or what she don’t like exactly which doesn’t mean she don’t like the whole video, like you said. :tbh_britney_nod_yes_yas_ftr_for_the_record_vma_2008_circus:

But the thing that let me (personally) believe that Britney really don’t like the original video, is the fact she told that some scenes of Work B***h had to be cut because she is a mom. And as we can clearly see on the leaked edit, we can’t tell that’s not a vulgar music video, with inappropriate contents (for kids essentially but also for many adults too). So I can see Britney not liking the music video at the end, for the same reason as Work B***h.

But still, it doesn’t mean that’s confirmed that Britney didn’t liked the whole concept, no one is Britney or know Britney personally to confirm anything. But I believe that’s Britney who really don’t like the original concept as it pushes the limits for a music video that’s intended for the general public (and would have negative influence on how the single/album would perform as it would be more likely banned from TV channels in the day at least).

4 hours ago, _genic said:

Agree! Specially now, with free Britney Movement, it will get more attention. As in original concept Britney was in cage so they will definitely make some $$$

• Love 1
On 3/3/2021 at 11:35 PM, BritneyJeanSpearsOfficial said:

I know we is on Free Britney mode and there’s more important things happening and idk if it’s AP but apparently this reliable inside claims that the original Make Me video is actually 18 minutes long and exists. This insider also was right about Britney’s videos being made in 1080p.

Update: David LaChapelle says the rumor "could be" true.

EvmktRfXIAARrn_?format=jpg&name=medium

What do you guys think?

169655038_BritneyGlory.JPG.964172d51e15ba29ed79dc3cfcf7e23b.JPG

I can’t stand Jamie but not sure if I agree with the thought he didn’t put it out because of money. If he money was already spent shooting the long version of the video what would the point be not putting it out? I would love to see the full version just to get something new. Who knows, maybe we don’t really “get” the video is because there’s way more we haven’t seen. The full version probably helps elaborate on the kind of weird disconnected visuals in the video that we have seen. The label also didn’t want to let Britney release toxic as a lead single and look how well that song did for her. For all we know it’s 18 of Iconic Godney moments. 

• Love 1

Call me what you want, but I still love LaChapelle's vision -- from the little imcomplete scenes we've got to see, unfortunately -- and I am 100% positive it would've been one of her best videos ever. I don't even need to know the full concept or supposedly 18-minute-cut, because Britney was GORGEOUS on that video, a real KWEEN.

Now that mess we got instead... Any chain of cheap clothing store could've done a commercial that looked better than that stain on her immaculate videography.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Jamiea1112 said:

Keeping it real... 

MM wasn't a strong enough first single to merit an 18 minute-long visual 

michelle obama oops GIF by Obama

Hide contents

Although how cool would a SP visual have been. A pre-story building up to the night of the party. Police shutting them down. The morning after. Ohh yess

britney spears GIF by Sony Music Perú

Actually it might have been like Gaga's Paparazzi if they had promoted it the right way so a 18min video could be

• Like 1
On 3/11/2021 at 7:50 AM, Jamiea1112 said:

Keeping it real... 

MM wasn't a strong enough first single to merit an 18 minute-long visual 

michelle obama oops GIF by Obama

Reveal hidden contents

Although how cool would a SP visual have been. A pre-story building up to the night of the party. Police shutting them down. The morning after. Ohh yess

britney spears GIF by Sony Music Perú

I agree... Buuuuut, maybe an 18-long video with controversial context and exotic scenes that would stand out was all that it needed, even maybe adding a little twist to the song and releasing a "Video Mix".

I mean, we're not aiming for a worldwide #1 smash hit with this possibility. However, look at "Slave": the song wasn't a strong enough first single either and still, without being an incredible ww smash hit, it is remembered to this day - much due to its amazing video -, it has become a huge icon among her singles and it's there every tour.