The Original "Make Me" video is rumored to be 18 minutes long and exists, director David LaChapelle says "could be" true

Interesting. :tiffdrink_miss_ms_ny_new_york_drinking_sips_sipping_tea_straw:

There's defo a whole plot so we only saw a glimpse of some scenes. Wonder what else is there. Also, screw RCA lmao their 4-minute crap didn't work in the end anyways. 

Provided that Britney approved the original. But then David said the opposite so idk what to think. 

Just leak it :jj_janet_smirk_hehe_haha_lmao_lol_giggle:

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Geralt_of_Rivia said:

Interesting. :tiffdrink_miss_ms_ny_new_york_drinking_sips_sipping_tea_straw:

There's defo a whole plot so we only saw a glimpse of some scenes. Wonder what else is there. Also, screw RCA lmao their 4-minute crap didn't work in the end anyways. 

Provided that Britney approved the original. But then David said the opposite so idk what to think. 

Just leak it :jj_janet_smirk_hehe_haha_lmao_lol_giggle:

in my opinion, when David said that Britney had not approved the final cut, he might have been referring to the edited version, which was the one that RCA wanted to be released.

the one she approved was the 18-minute version 

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, Geralt_of_Rivia said:

Maybe, her team told him that it was Britney's decision. They tend to throw her under the bus whenever they can.

Plus team Con also didn't approve the original photo concept for Glory, they used screenshots instead... So it wouldn't surprise me if they did the same with her video.

• Love 5
35 minutes ago, burns said:

in my opinion, when David said that Britney had not approved the final cut, he might have been referring to the edited version, which was the one that RCA wanted to be released.

the one she approved was the 18-minute version 

That's interesting and possible, although I remember David saying that she didn't like the video and we should respect her decision thus alluding to the original. 

Don't know

• Love 1
45 minutes ago, DuranDuran said:

Plus team Con also didn't approve the original photo concept for Glory, they used screenshots instead... So it wouldn't surprise me if they did the same with her video.

They also scrapped the original concept of Perfume too, so it won't be the first time, when they used only some parts of the footage, making a weaker story in the end ...

• Love 5

I think it probably was a very ambitious video- even if it wasn’t meant to be 18 minutes long. He did what he could with the budget he had, and when it came time for Britney and RCA to approve, it likely would have taken more budget to reshoot some of the more.... questionable scenes that we saw in the leaked footage. My guess is that RCA wouldn’t cough up the dough for whatever needed to be fixed and David refused to release a chopped up version of his original vision. Based on what we saw in the leak it was a big video shoot and we never even saw the dessert stuff. The house scenes looked cheap AF. Those sets needed more $$$ to look better- and there wasn’t any $$$ for that to happen.

but we’ll never know!

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, iknowthemusic'sgood said:

I think it probably was a very ambitious video- even if it wasn’t meant to be 18 minutes long. He did what he could with the budget he had, and when it came time for Britney and RCA to approve, it likely would have taken more budget to reshoot some of the more.... questionable scenes that we saw in the leaked footage. My guess is that RCA wouldn’t cough up the dough for whatever needed to be fixed and David refused to release a chopped up version of his original vision. Based on what we saw in the leak it was a big video shoot and we never even saw the dessert stuff. The house scenes looked cheap AF. Those sets needed more $$$ to look better- and there wasn’t any $$$ for that to happen.

but we’ll never know!

RCA did not paid a single cent for the video, Britney had BMW, Oragen Theory and EOS behind the budget. The big problem was that RCA did not like the 18-minute Britney version of the music video, so they reached ou Larry to convince David to made some cuts on the material. Perhaps, that leaked version was the one RCA wanted to release, but David did not approve. 

• Like 2
16 minutes ago, burns said:

RCA did not paid a single cent for the video, Britney had BMW, Oragen Theory and EOS behind the budget. The big problem was that RCA did not like the 18-minute Britney version of the music video, so they reached ou Larry to convince David to made some cuts on the material. Perhaps, that leaked version was the one RCA wanted to release, but David did not approve. 

Product placement helps to greatly offset the cost of a music video, but it doesn’t pay for the entire thing. Especially not a supposed 18-minute music video. 

Something that I feel would be a problem is how would they be able to condense it into a "song version" video. I mean take a look at Katy Perry's Birthday, the amount of views the lyric video had versus the real video is a lot, and the music video was only 8 minutes long. In my opinion, RCA knew that an 18 minute video would probably do just as bad and tried to make a condensed version and then realized it wouldn't work either.

In my opinion, they should've made an entire dance video with just the first scene, and have that be the official video with the 18 minute version being a "movie version" 

• Love 1
  • Like 1