Rihanna accused of cultural appropriation and s**ualizing religion

• Leader

Rihanna is being accused of cultural appropriation for wearing a necklace of Hindu god Lord Ganesha in one her new promotional photos for her lingerie line, Savage x Fenty.

There's a ton of Tweets about it.

You may recall she was recently under fire for appropriating Islam at one of her fashion shows.

Exhale, do you think this crosses the line? 

rih-hindu.jpg.1a342754b3fdb938b1d5a61273033ba2.jpg

Related:

I guess it is important to know the boundaries, but at the same time they're always adding even more layers to those boundaries, and we don't even know what is appropriate or not. She's just wearing the jewel, it's not like she's making it as the central piece of the shoot. I mean, that crop of the picture this person used  is so blurry you could tell me it's anything else and I still couldn't tell. But hey, it's Twitter, so... :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but this is not something that bothers me personally. :ririshade2_rihanna_eyeroll_roll_eyes_annoyed_irritated_mad:It’s like when Madonna got backlash for her use of the cross. :reductive_madonna_mdna_tea_coffee_cup_sips_sipping_drink_spill:They are ***ualizing a religious symbol that means a lot to some people and I can understand why they may be offended. :omggg_shocked_hand_old_lady_woman_surprised:I didn’t even realize that the one Rihanna was wearing was  a religious symbol. :ohdear_britney_glory_dear,_fingers_hand_face_orange_hide_uh_oh:Maybe she didn’t either? Either way any publicity is good publicity they say. :yeahhh_britney_oops_red_fist_cheer_yeah_smile_happy:

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Michael 1106 said:

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but this is not something that bothers me personally. :ririshade2_rihanna_eyeroll_roll_eyes_annoyed_irritated_mad:It’s like when Madonna got backlash for her use of the cross. :reductive_madonna_mdna_tea_coffee_cup_sips_sipping_drink_spill:They are ***ualizing a religious symbol that means a lot to some people and I can understand why they may be offended. :omggg_shocked_hand_old_lady_woman_surprised:I didn’t even realize that the one Rihanna was wearing was  a religious symbol. :ohdear_britney_glory_dear,_fingers_hand_face_orange_hide_uh_oh:Maybe she didn’t either? Either way any publicity is good publicity they say. :yeahhh_britney_oops_red_fist_cheer_yeah_smile_happy:

Crosses are ****, cos it has a naked guy on them.

Madonna. 

Then the confessions tour where she was decked in thorns on a disco mirrored cross..

Reminds me of another quote she said.

"I won't be harder till I'm bigger than God" 

She is a religion and she's he best one..

• Like 1
  • Super Mods

Im genuinely sick and tired of people claiming this is "cultural appropriation." Honey no, this is cultural APPRECIATION; people have no idea how to differentiate the two. Cultural appropriation is when white people enslave you, make you work for a loaf of bread, and then once you create your own culture and fashion, they take it and claim it for themselves. Someone wearing a Buddha necklace is not cultural appropriation :wtfdidusay_wth_what_huh_again_who_confused_looking_around:

Cultural appreciation is what got humanity this far, it is literally what's killing racism, chauvinism and anti-semitism. The fact people started appreciating eachothers culture and religious beliefs is what helped us embrace one another, and then these butthurt millennials and gen z kids just want to find any possible reason to "cancel" someone. As if a keyboard warrior with no ******* job could possibly cancel a multi-millionaire's life. This is literally the delusion of the century, miss me with this dumb bs tbh :rihit_rihanna_annoyed_throw_walk_away_bye_irritated_mad:

• Love 4

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block