Hating on Taylor Swift makes any Britney fan a hypocrite

I love Taylor! I think she’s very talented and seems like a great cat mom. 🐈 But I don’t really feel like Taylor gets a problematic amount of hate? Everything she puts out is a success, she has a massive fan base and I feel like she was rightfully given lots of credit for standing up for women when she sued that guy who grabbed her butt. She is often described as being talented and beautiful. Yes, some people poke fun at her dating life but I think that’s to be expected when so many of your songs center around your exes. I mean ... there is going to be SOME scrutiny when you put yourself in the public eye. No job is perfect and being a successful singer has many other incredible perks. 

Thank you so much for saying this! This is my first post on the forum after following for many many years and this is totally on the money! 

people are so happy spreading hate. We are as much the problem as the media and others. There’s just no personal accountability anymore and that’s upsetting  anyone pointing fingers needs to address their own actions (including myself)

Take Justin’s apology, whether it was in genuine or not, I truly don’t believe people will ever be happy. None of this should be about our opinions, it should be about what is good for Britney. No apology will change the past. Other people addressing these issues (whether genuine or not) is raising awareness of the issue at hand to an audience who may not know the situation

This is only a good thing as awareness provokes change. Spreading hate won’t 

Taylor hasn't really been hated on to a massive degree since like 2016

In a way, that hate is somewhat comparable to the hate Britney got in 2007, but it didn't last nearly as long

+ everyone in this thread proving OP's point :gagasmile_smirk_lady_pink: hopping on old talking points like Taylor's "power hungry" that old Katy Perry tweet "Regina George" lmao grow up

• Love 2
  • Like 1
6 hours ago, Sourab Patodi said:

Selling Album vs selling songs are totally different thing. Britney is more credited for shaping industry, her iconic performance, and uniqueness. Nothing against Ariana, but Every Song on Britney's Album was a headline. Also, Britney was Banned from Radio..and still charting. Without Radio, it was impossible to chart in early 2000. So thats why people appreciate her. Imagine Ariana get banned from streaming platform, will she chart? Radio was equivalent to streaming platforms in early 2000 

Another one :shhh_britney_ftr_for_the_record_hat_quiet_2008_circus:

6 hours ago, Sourab Patodi said:

Thats was never confirmed...If it was actually edited TS can file a defamation lawsuit on Kim Kardashian. Also, Kim is not stupid to post an edited conversation of an illegally recorded call. She know it will cost her millions. 

How was it not confirmed? When it happened Taylor said she had no idea she was being filmed and it was edited.

We got the unedited one.

When it leaked, kim threw a tantrum over the fact that she had been caught out.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Guylicious4201340323093 said:

Why is this even becoming a thing?! 

now is NOT the time to rally behind Taylor... for what reason? I’m not a big fan of her music- and personally, I don’t think she would be as big if She didn’t get Kanye’d at the VMAs. It was her fairytale movie moment. The world had her back, and she got to be Cinderella for a few years. Yes, she is a talented songwriter, but why is this article coming for B fans? It just looks a little desperate and petty... their situations are nothing alike and the last decade has been a battle for Britney fans because the media has painted her (and us) as being “crazy”- so while T Swift got to play up the victim card and be praised, the world was literally discrediting Britney’s entire career. There has been so much unfairness towards B, and that is likely where a lot of “hate” for other artists comes from- how and why are they seeing so much success when the biggest pop star of our time is being pushed down and held under. Just stop. 🙄🤷‍♂️

Not true, she had had an album go number one, selling over 1m copies, and had hits from it before Kanye.

Lets extend this idea a bit:
Hating on Taylor Swift  Spreading hate to any pop artist makes any Britney fan a hypocrite

Love this Topic. I always think of the hypocrisy of "Leave Britney Alone" folks when i see them rushing to be shady to other artists on the forums. 

Lets Leave Britney Alone.
Let Leave Demi Lovato Alone
Lets Leave Cardi B Alone
Lets Leave Katy Perry Alone
Lets Leave Beyonce Alone
Lets Leave Miley Alone
etc etc....

• Like 1

All of the responses in this thread justifying their hate of Taylor swift really just prove the OP correct.

And before I go; no, this isn't aimed at people who just arent interested in her music because it's not their cup of tea, or they prefer other genres. This is aimed at everyone who criticises her for the sake of it.

In the end, the only reason a lot of people here dislike taylor is because "it's cool to dislike Taylor".

They called her a traitor, a snake, regina george etc. even though she was proven right in the end and even after reconciliations were made.

They call her untalented despite being the biggest selling artist of the past 20 years, a touring force and an involved, critically acclaimed artist.

They questioned how "legit" she is, even though she has a writing credit on every song she wrote.

When she wants to own her music, she's an idiot because she signed a contact as a child, but when she wants to rerecord her music so she can own because she legally can, she's selfish.

They call her attention seeking for being in her mid 20s and having boyfriends.

If she talks about having friends, she's name dropping.

When she fought an assault case, that was photographed and had several people in the room, went to court and did it to prove a point, she was villainised for doing so!

Even at that, when she anonymously gave someone else a donation to help them fight a legal case and someone else shared that information, she was a horrible person for "making it about her" and "not doing something benefitial".

They call her manipulative even though both collaborators and fans alike say otherwise.

They bandwagoned to bombard her and tear her down because a reality star said so.

When her albums did well, other fanbases of people who have deserved criticism for their statements and actions rushed to leave bad reviews to stain her name.

And before all this, she was "fake" because she was surprised she won awards and her albums sold incredibly making the above irrelevant because before all that, people still loved to hate her for no other reason than she was a woman.

Yes, the media treatment and ultimately, the results, are different, but it stems from the same core issues of misogyny and ***ism, that simply comes down to she is a woman out ranking men in a male dominated field.

Nothing is going to change the fact that she is a force to be reckoned with, but lets not act like the OP isnt right.

But go off sis, Taylor and her fans are happy to be listening to their two surprise critically acclaimed, best selling albums while we wait for her to release her entire discography.

• Love 3

Taylor's songwriting everybody survived, but as a songwriter that's what you do. Write about it..

If a guy made you mad, broke your heart, you write about it. 

Only two people don't have careers, one he kinda had it coming Taylor lautner (After Twilight,  he really wasn't useful, though someone suggests he's a me too victim that should tell his story), and the girl Revenge better than you, acter that song,  the phones stopped ringing on that actress. 

1 hour ago, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

How was it not confirmed? When it happened Taylor said she had no idea she was being filmed and it was edited.

We got the unedited one.

When it leaked, kim threw a tantrum over the fact that she had been caught out.

“We got the unedited one” how do u know that one was real and not edited. Why TS didn’t sue Kim? TS is not as innocent as you are describing her

• Love 1
On 2/13/2021 at 2:15 PM, IForgotYouExisted said:

Taylor Swift.

She has released plenty of hit albums, saw a level of succes many could only dream of and yet...she's very hated on, even in the B-army.

But why?

Only recently the B-army got to tweet MASSIVELY about the Framing Britney Spears doc with all sorts of hashtags including #ApologizeToBritney and #WeAreSorryBritney.

Yet, I see many of those fans dragging Taylor through the mud while demanding apologies to Britney Spears from others.

From claiming she's attention hungry (while she hasn't been very active at all on social media and performance wise), money hungry (as if she needs it).

They even put the re-recordings in question not realizing Taylor only wants to own her own voice. Something we would, again, applaud Britney for if she'd do the same but somehow if Taylor does it, it's not okay.

- Q: Isn't that hypocrite?

- A: Yes it is.

Whenever Taylor releases an album, a single, goes on tour, gets a major victory in her career, a lot fans gear up in Exhale (and other platforms) to talk trash about her.

In a way, I dare to say, Taylor is no different than 2007 Britney.

Just like Britney, Taylor gets slammed for the men she's dated, her breasts, her personality (even though she's VERY generous towards fans), what she wears, ...

She has been the victim of s€xist interviewers, including female s€xists.

All of this led to Taylor barely eating and developping an eating disorder.

People talk about her as if they know her personally when they know nothing in fact.

The big difference is that Taylor figured out a way to deal with this by mocking all of these people in albums like "Reputation". 

Let's be real and honest, any Britney fan would die for Britney to slam any hater on an album full of anthems. Any Britney fan would die for her Reputation era.

!I'm, however, NOT saying she entirely underwent the same as Britney, just stating that there are some hard similarities between both ladies.!

People, have we literally LEARNED NOTHING from 2007?

Are we really putting people to blame for what they did to Britney to do it ourselves towards Taylor Swift?

Are we this s€xist we can't support 2 female celebs? Do we have to put them against each other to make ourself feel better?

This is just wrong...I felt like I needed to write this as my mind can't process so much hate towards somebody that in fact, hasn't done anything wrong to any of you.

Its injustice makes me feel sick.

Call me weak but I needed to get it off my chest. Just remember that Taylor NEVER, not once, has said anything negative about Britney. She's not the enemy.

Taylor even wore all Britney perfumes when going to school 

Taylor also stated Britney's "lucky" as one of her favorite Britney songs.

- Love, a diehard Britney/Taylor fan.:sendinglove_kissing_heart_love_blowing:

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor britney spears and taylor swift

Reveal hidden contents

drag me through hell and forth, I don't care, will only prove my point (sadly).

TaylonBritney.thumb.JPG.ef2379d732a5d6cb5008452709c7222a.JPG

You realize that posts like this are why people have issue with swifties right? Taylor doesn’t get a fraction of the hate Britney ever received, if you think she did show me one video of the paps mocking Taylor while she’s crying and holding her baby. Of course we need to support her against ***ist media but pls don’t say she’s as hated as Britney, she was literally just named artist of the decade. What more do you want? Love Taylor hate when swifties act like this 

• Love 3
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block