Hating on Taylor Swift makes any Britney fan a hypocrite

59 minutes ago, IForgotYouExisted said:

That's the point. you DON'T HAVE TO BE FAN. But hating on somebody just because is wrong.

But it's culturally different in any country, like is "I hate Taylors music so much and her as an artist"- too much hate for you? To me it's an honest opinion, even if you say "I hate that woman", no one has to be obsessed about it, right but everyone has a right for that opinion, we know it's about her music and image, the only things we see publicly and we all have to listen to her, one way or another. (radio) 

There are places in this world where everything is sugarcoated and there are places with strong opinions, right into your face. 

15 hours ago, IForgotYouExisted said:

Taylor Swift.

She has released plenty of hit albums, saw a level of succes many could only dream of and yet...she's very hated on, even in the B-army.

But why?

Only recently the B-army got to tweet MASSIVELY about the Framing Britney Spears doc with all sorts of hashtags including #ApologizeToBritney and #WeAreSorryBritney.

Yet, I see many of those fans dragging Taylor through the mud while demanding apologies to Britney Spears from others.

From claiming she's attention hungry (while she hasn't been very active at all on social media and performance wise), money hungry (as if she needs it).

They even put the re-recordings in question not realizing Taylor only wants to own her own voice. Something we would, again, applaud Britney for if she'd do the same but somehow if Taylor does it, it's not okay.

- Q: Isn't that hypocrite?

- A: Yes it is.

Whenever Taylor releases an album, a single, goes on tour, gets a major victory in her career, a lot fans gear up in Exhale (and other platforms) to talk trash about her.

In a way, I dare to say, Taylor is no different than 2007 Britney.

Just like Britney, Taylor gets slammed for the men she's dated, her breasts, her personality (even though she's VERY generous towards fans), what she wears, ...

She has been the victim of s€xist interviewers, including female s€xists.

All of this led to Taylor barely eating and developping an eating disorder.

People talk about her as if they know her personally when they know nothing in fact.

The big difference is that Taylor figured out a way to deal with this by mocking all of these people in albums like "Reputation". 

Let's be real and honest, any Britney fan would die for Britney to slam any hater on an album full of anthems. Any Britney fan would die for her Reputation era.

!I'm, however, NOT saying she entirely underwent the same as Britney, just stating that there are some hard similarities between both ladies.!

People, have we literally LEARNED NOTHING from 2007?

Are we really putting people to blame for what they did to Britney to do it ourselves towards Taylor Swift?

Are we this s€xist we can't support 2 female celebs? Do we have to put them against each other to make ourself feel better?

This is just wrong...I felt like I needed to write this as my mind can't process so much hate towards somebody that in fact, hasn't done anything wrong to any of you.

Its injustice makes me feel sick.

Call me weak but I needed to get it off my chest. Just remember that Taylor NEVER, not once, has said anything negative about Britney. She's not the enemy.

Taylor even wore all Britney perfumes when going to school 

Taylor also stated Britney's "lucky" as one of her favorite Britney songs.

- Love, a diehard Britney/Taylor fan.:sendinglove_kissing_heart_love_blowing:

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor britney spears and taylor swift

Reveal hidden contents

drag me through hell and forth, I don't care, will only prove my point (sadly).

TaylonBritney.thumb.JPG.ef2379d732a5d6cb5008452709c7222a.JPG

Seems like someone is jealous of people’s reaction to “Framing Britney Spears”... :badgirl_britney_flirt_sexy_pom_piece_of_me_lips:

The difference between Britney and Taylor is that Britney is a victim and Taylor played the victim as she used her platform to lie, humiliate and take revenge on others.:lessons_preaching_telling_hand_smack:

Of course, so many women in the music industry got hate and ***ism. Unfortunately, that’s nothing new, so Taylor is not the only one and much less the most affected.:schoolingtime_talking_telling_glasses_preaching:

So before you call someone hypocrite, carefully analyze the facts. Using this situation like you are doing is insensitive and disrespectful, but seeing who do you stan I’m not surprised...

So, if you looking for a massive apology, you can have several seats...:endit_sunglasses_fab_yas_queen:

• Love 5
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, Midnight said:

Miss Puff will never see not one dime outta my pocket  :staysalty_hands_rub_so_there_blue_walk_away_made_my_point: but you can still get the vinyl, I hear there's plenty of stock and at a discount price :shadelaugh_tiffany_ny_new_york_ms_miss_cackle_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao:  

I wish Lilo's Speak could be there to keep her company but she sold out. :staysalty_hands_rub_so_there_blue_walk_away_made_my_point: 

it's about time I get some recognition  :lessons_preaching_telling_hand_smack:

When will your fave drop her own iconic Christmas album? :typing_keyboard_computer:
How do you know LiLo sold out? :snooptoya_jackson_snooping_looking_magnifying_glass_glasses_search:

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, NobodyKnowsPete said:

Seems like someone is jealous of people’s reaction to “Framing Britney Spears”... :badgirl_britney_flirt_sexy_pom_piece_of_me_lips:

The difference between Britney and Taylor is that Britney is a victim and Taylor played the victim as she used her platform to lie, humiliate and take revenge on others.:lessons_preaching_telling_hand_smack:

Of course, so many women in the music industry got hate and ***ism. Unfortunately, that’s nothing new, so Taylor is not the only one and much less the most affected.:schoolingtime_talking_telling_glasses_preaching:

So before you call someone hypocrite, carefully analyze the facts. Using this situation like you are doing is insensitive and disrespectful, but seeing who do you stan I’m not surprised...

So, if you looking for a massive apology, you can have several seats...:endit_sunglasses_fab_yas_queen:

100% this.

Taylor plays the victim all the time. Britney never plays the victim, even though she has more right to than probably anyone else in the industry.

She never complains, she never tears other people down or publicly disses anyone, she never looks for pity from anyone for anything even though she’s been f*ked over by pretty much every industry avenue at one point or another.

• Love 3
16 hours ago, BabkaAutorka said:

So we are not allowed to say we don't like someone now? DO NOT compare Britney's 2007 breakdown to Taylor's fame, it's extremely disrespectful towards Britney and what she had to go through. Accept the fact that people can hate your idol and that music. 

Way to miss the point dude. Hating anyone with sheer hatred shouldn’t be done when looked at Britney and the way society treated her. People should learn from even other humans’ mistakes. Also, what’s an apology without growth? A lie. It’s a lie.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Exaholic said:

100% this.

Taylor plays the victim all the time. Britney never plays the victim, even though she has more right to than probably anyone else in the industry.

She never complains, she never tears other people down or publicly disses anyone, she never looks for pity from anyone for anything.

What the **** does it matter when the hate is still unwarranted? You guys are being vile as ****. It’s not a competition

Just because Britney went through more than Taylor doesnt mean Taylor has had it easy or that it is okay to hate her. I dont enjoy her music or she not my style are the type of comments that are indeed okay. Saying shes untalented, basic, no one likes her, shes only for boring ppl, I hate her, shes fake those are hating which is immature. Yes Britney went through hell and yes she hasnt been as vocal as taylor but that does NOT mean that just because Taylor isnt exactly like britney she can be freely hated on and trash talked. She is a powerful, talented woman and musician and clearly some people feel threatened by her success or smth, because ive seen many ridiculous claims about her in this forum. If there is a topic about Taylor, we do not need people there spreading hate and saying how shes so fake and untalented and bla bla bla. She deserves respect as a human being as anyone else, just because she is successfull and currently doing well doesnt mean u can say what you want. If you hate Taylor, try to recognize where the hate comes from, because often it comes from a place of jealousy, threat or smth like that. This became long and deep but srosly why cant you just say good for her and move on, no need to throw hate or shade and no need to forcibly like or stan her. Just act like a mature person and dont drag her for no reason, simply move onto something that is your thing. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block