Hating on Taylor Swift makes any Britney fan a hypocrite

Seriously, the only mistreatment i saw: The jokes about her boyfriends and she's writing a song about her ex. 

But it's not like the lyrics have a hidden-meaning, she's way too obvious about that sometimes, so... :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:

And yeah, Justin Bieber had also a lot of hate, much more than Taylor. So in other words: I don't see it. 

• Like 5
1 hour ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

This comparison makes sense to an extent. She's definitely the most hated and scrutinized female popstar of our time (just like Britney), but that's where the comparison should've ended. At the end of the day, Taylor has found the love of her life and laughs all the way to the bank every time she releases something, so there's no need to draw such comparisons, and if these people want to continue being negative, immature, and toxic, let them be because they're the real losers in this situation. Taylor loses nothing - they do.

Taylor is hated because we see through her fakeness. Britney was hated being of ***ism.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Onyx_Zone-89 said:

Honey, take a seat. I mean your screen name says everything about Taylor. She is mediocre and she's making these lists right now, but she won't be remembered like you think. 

Lol if taylor is medicore than Britney is too, she cant sing, barely writes and her dancing now a days is horrible [IMG]

• Haha 2

What a great post!

We as pop culture stans are bound to learn, or THINK WE LEARN, about popstars' lives, I mean, we look up to them. However, if we focused more on music there wouldn't be so much hatred. One of course has the right to like someone's music or not, that's perfectly ok. Nevertheless, wasting time on hating someone because of music or how we think they are, it's just pointless. Taylor is an outstanding artist... has she always been on the right side of history? Maybe not... do I truly benefit from trying to convince someone otherwise... no.  

As some of you mentioned already... she puts music out... and boom! lots of pressed fellas. C'mon, enjoy the magic of the skip button and be happy. 

The way this is unfair for both Britney and Taylor is how liking their music has been seen as something to be ashamed of due to their media portrayal. MJ has had his own fare of bad media portrayal and never saw anyone disliking his music because of that. 

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, MonAmour said:

Taylor is hated because we see through her fakeness. Britney was hated being of ***ism.

Her being fake is your opinion, and even that doesn't warrant the amount of hate that she gets. Once again, you don't have to like her, but the hate is unnecessary and disproportionate. She's talented and does a lot of good. Furthermore, you can't sit here and tell me that all the nonstop hate Taylor got for her dating life FOR YEARS wasn't due to ***ism.

• Love 1
  • Like 1
23 minutes ago, Alexanda said:

Seriously, the only mistreatment i saw: The jokes about her boyfriends and she's writing a song about her ex. 

But it's not like the lyrics have a hidden-meaning, she's way too obvious about that sometimes, so... :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:

And yeah, Justin Bieber had also a lot of hate, much more than Taylor. So in other words: I don't see it. 

The hate on Bieber is also rooted in misogyny, people used to call him gay/girly + most of his audience were teenage girls early in his career. The moment it was cool for straight boys to listen to him (Purpose era), the hate magically stops :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:

4 minutes ago, jordeezy said:

I WILL give it to you that Kanye's music video with the nude Taylor mannequin was probably just as bad, or worse, than "Cry Me A River". The thing is, Taylor never had the media hounding her like Britney did. 

True but that partly has to do with how Taylor basically disappeared after 2016. In the past 5 years, you barely ever see her in public and she never gave media the chance to hound her. She was able to live a reclusive lifestyle because has a good support system during her tumultuous period, something I wish Britney had back then.

• Love 1
  • Like 1
37 minutes ago, Onyx_Zone-89 said:

Honey, take a seat. I mean your screen name says everything about Taylor. She is mediocre and she's making these lists right now, but she won't be remembered like you think. 

so she won't be remembered and yet....her 13 year old song is currently topping Spotify charts?? Make it make sense please :girlbye_walking_away_leave_get_out_leaving_chair_okay:

• Love 2
  • Like 1
39 minutes ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

Her being fake is your opinion, and even that doesn't warrant the amount of hate that she gets. Once again, you don't have to like her, but the hate is unnecessary and disproportionate. She's talented and does a lot of good. Furthermore, you can't sit here and tell me that all the nonstop hate Taylor got for her dating life FOR YEARS wasn't due to ***ism.

Oh, poor Taylor. How about her disproportionately high record sales. You act like she’s sad or something. She’s awful, end of story.

• Love 1

I’ll say this... I think to an extent your post is correct in that Britney got a lot of hate for no reason and Taylor gets a lot of hate for no reason. (For instance, the way that people show up in the threads about her success JUST to hate on her. No one tags them, but they show up to hate anyways.)

I think some of the comparison are problematic. They are two very different artists so their work shouldn’t be compared. They are both legendary artists.

I’ve seen people say that Taylor doesn’t get hounded in the media like Britney. Honestly, I don’t get how you can say that.... 

Taylor started in the industry right when Britney had her “breakdown.” (I don’t actually like calling it that because I think she just did what she thought she had to do to get the tabloids to leave her alone. I think breakdown insinuates that she “went crazy.”) As soon as Britney started having her Circus era, people were just starting to talk about how all Taylor does is write about boyfriends and the media was obsessed with her love life and not her work. This was literally the entire premise of her reputation era. Before then, she was literally being carried in suitcases to avoid the paparazzi. She bought multiple Manhattan apartments so she could turn one into a garage so she could avoid the paparazzi. It changed to something different with Taylor but the misogyny is still there. Except they weren’t calling her a bad mom or a bad role model.

They constantly ask Taylor personal questions that she wasn’t comfortable with. They constantly badgered her and asked her about this man or that man. 

Is it to the same level? No. Britney was the pinnacle and was the first pop star to come to fame with the rise of tabloids and the 24-hour news cycle. However, Taylor filled a LOT of the gap left when Britney disappeared for a little while. She was the next “America’s Sweetheart” just like Britney in the beginning and then the media turned on them both eventually for clicks. The difference is that Taylor didn’t get silenced and thrown into a conservatorship. She instead went completely radio silent for like three years. People hated on her with snakes in her comments so she disappeared and wiped all her social media clean. Then she was spotted with Calvin Harris, Tom Huddleston, and met Joe. The media was obsessed with that too.

Sure Taylor has made some mistakes. Some of which, she has called herself out on in her music. She has talked about growth. She has buried the hatchet with several old enemies. But people still love to talk and paint her as a witch because we were fed that narrative by greedy people.

The point is that yes, it is hypocritical of people to hate on Taylor while simultaneously calling out the people that hated on Britney. How about we just don’t hate anyone?

• Love 2
  • Like 1

I just want to say that I used to judge Taylor many years ago, I was so close-minded. Long story short I love her, adore her and I'm proud of what she's accomplished. She gives back so much to her fans, I absolutely love that about her. Haters can keep hating, she has plenty of fans who appreciate her and her music.

• Love 1

Most of you answered my issues with this post perfectly already so I won’t go beating a dead (radar) horse. 
I drag Taylor any chance I can get on this forum. Why? For one, it’s fun because she’s corny AF... second, I’ve said this prob multiple times on exhale the ONLY thing I need to know about Taylor Swift when deciding on whether or not I support her is that when she decided to turn the public against Scooter Braun knowing what the fallout was going to be, this man had to REMOVE HIS CHILDREN FROM SCHOOL DUE TO DEATH THREATS THEY WERE GETTING. This was coming from her fans. Her reaction? SILENCE. She continued to let deranged fans do her bidding while collecting public sympathy. That’s sick behavior. Britney Spears would never and has never done anything like that in her career ever. If anything, she’s fallen victim to it many times over. Taylor Swift is a narcissistic brat. Don’t ever compare her to Britney. 

• Love 3
  • Like 1

I really like Taylor now but back in the day I found her to be really vengeful and cruel.

‘Katy stole my backup dancers, now watch how I tell the whole world she’s a horrible person and make every single one of my fans attack her.’

She always acted like some victim and always wanted ‘revenge’.

I like her music though and I think she’s mellowed a lot.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block