Hating on Taylor Swift makes any Britney fan a hypocrite

15 hours ago, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

\ use was never proved, but even at that, lets not pretend like people in their mid 20's living in LA dont occasionally use . That's a high horse attitude you have.

She went out occasionally with friends on days she didnt have kids or arranged a baby sitter like anyone with children would? That's a high horse attitude you have there.

55 Hour Marriage......in Vegas.....to someone she knew and it was annulled before it was ever valid.

Driving with a baby on her lap? Because she was surrounded by papazzi, had no way out and wanted to protect her child.

What a horrible string of comments to say 'she deserved it!'. As I said, that's a high horse attitude you have, you might wanna get off that high horse. 

The only mediocrity you have exposed is your own.

Go off :meryell_meryl_streep_meme_yell:

• Haha 1

I see your intention, but the premise is flawed, specially because Taylor has handled herself vastly different to Britney.

Let's make it clear, nobody is under any obligation of liking anyone. I think many of her older songs were boring AF, am I a hater? Am I not entitled to disliking even her older persona? Now, the way I express it is what makes a difference. Has she (and pretty much any other female celeb) been a victim of ***ism? Yes, she has, that is a given. But first of all, their stories are not the same. One of them is regarded as a powerless child. The other is a free woman. Second, Taylor has a bit of guilt here. I am not a big fan, therefore, I don't remember the name of the song, but wasn't she the first one to ****-shame that chick Camila whatever for "stealing" her man, saying she was only known for being good in the sheets? Hypocrite much? She wanted privacy and yet, she gave little clues for fans to go and bully some of her exes so she could get her revenge by proxy?  Wasn't she revealing here and there how they broke up with her before promoting singles and albums? How can you ask for respect to your private life, when you are exploiding it to profit? She loved to play the victim of her own narrative. She never held herself back to throw revealing details, so people would feed their curiosity.  Why is she so adamant now to stop being so diaristic with her songs? Precisely for that, cause now she respects her relationship more. Now I believe her. Before, hell no. She loved the attention towards her romantic life. Should she have been **** shamed? No, of course not, but she also shamed her exes, didn't she? She pulled the Timberlake card so many times. Her songs are a thousand "Cry me a River" in different ways. Taylor's earlier self was full of these contradictions, very annoying ones, but convenient for her. 

As far as I know, Britney never used a song to mock anybody, not even Federline at the height of their divorce.  Her only response was "Everytime" in which she actually apologizes. 

Are there ppl who don't like a successful woman? Pff plenty, but let's distinguish here between bullying and the freedom of saying "I don't like that". I was reading the comments towards Olivia Rodrigo here in the forum and to me, people were way "angrier" about her and her success (and she is 17, mind you) than I have seen towards anything Taylor in, at least, a year.  Do they have to love her? No, but there were some unnecessarily rude comments made by some. Nobody should hate on anyone, but disliking and hating are different things. 

So, before calling others "hypocrites", let's all do a deep dive into our own cognitive dissonance, shall we? 

• Like 1
On 2/13/2021 at 2:42 PM, BabkaAutorka said:

So we are not allowed to say we don't like someone now? DO NOT compare Britney's 2007 breakdown to Taylor's fame, it's extremely disrespectful towards Britney and what she had to go through. Accept the fact that people can hate your idol and that music. 

A WORD!!! :tiffanynod_miss_ms_ny_new_york_yes_yas_nodding_agree:

On 2/15/2021 at 9:33 AM, Sourab Patodi said:

Thats was never confirmed...If it was actually edited TS can file a defamation lawsuit on Kim Kardashian. Also, Kim is not stupid to post an edited conversation of an illegally recorded call. She know it will cost her millions. 

Exactly! The Queen of suing people didn't want to file a lawsuit, now why would she do that? Oh yeah, because she didn't have a leg to stand on.

3 hours ago, Britney'sBish said:

Exactly! The Queen of suing people didn't want to file a lawsuit, now why would she do that? Oh yeah, because she didn't have a leg to stand on.

Thanks Friend!

Also dating "Tom Hiddleston" at that time was quoted multiple times as a publicity stunt to dodge media's attention. No one is saying anything bad about TS, but who so ever is comparing Britney to TS should  re-watch Britney's coverage - She was **** shamed, labeled as bad Mother, A bad influence, Crazy, etc. 

TS always played a victim and didnt get a fraction of hate Britney Got. 

• Love 1
On 2/15/2021 at 5:33 PM, Sourab Patodi said:

Thats was never confirmed...If it was actually edited TS can file a defamation lawsuit on Kim Kardashian. Also, Kim is not stupid to post an edited conversation of an illegally recorded call. She know it will cost her millions. 

Kim only uploaded parts of the call not the full thing and because of that people called Taylor a liar. When the full phonecall came out everything Taylor said was true. Kanye didnt give her the full lyrics and didnt ask for permission he asked for her to promote it. She probably doesnt want to deal with those people anymore thats why she isnt suing. 

Here is a good summery 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block