Hating on Taylor Swift makes any Britney fan a hypocrite

• Content Curators
32 minutes ago, BabkaAutorka said:

I can't believe someone featured it 

29 minutes ago, Britney'sBish said:

So much this, I can't believe this shyt is even featured...

Why not ?

Everyone has a right to express their opinion, I don't just feature topics you guys would agree with I feature all topics. :staysalty_hands_rub_so_there_blue_walk_away_made_my_point:

• Haha 1
  • Like 4

I wanna be there when you touch fire

52 minutes ago, MonAmour said:

This is the worst, most poorly-written I have ever read in my entire exhale life. How disrespectful and insulting for you to gaslight us into supporting your fave. Britney is sweet, down to earth and relatable. Also makes amazing music. Taylor has been known to be Regina George behind the scenes and her music is crap in my opinion. She’s fake sweet, power hungry and vicious. I can’t relate.

This! I stopped listening to her music after the leaked conversation with Kanye, where 2 days earlier she lied that she hasn’t spoken to him... she simply is fake and not relatable :gloss_mirror_young_little_girl_smile_child_makeup_lipstick_lipgloss_lips_pink:

• Love 1
  • Like 3
  • Super Mods

Okay But it’s rather hypocritical of you as well to not allow people to state their opinions. I like Taylor Swift and she is one of the best musicians but like any fanbase, Swifties really put her up on a pedestal. 

Im sick of all these fanbases go “omg poor (popstar) she’s been through a lot...” 

this is exactly what I knew would happen, fanbases used to treat Britney like the loner popstar because she’s damaged goods but now everyone is like “omg Taylor Swift is just like Britney! She’s been through so much like Britney, she’s like the Britney of our generation blah blah blah” 

What  bothers me about this post is you’re using Britney to make a convincing argument to not hate on Taylor. 

NO ONE HAS GONE THROUGH **** AS BAD AS Britney. Taylor is fortunate to not only come from wealth but she has a loving supporting family. Britney has no one. Even back in the day it wasn’t like the media regularly bashed Taylor like they did with Britney.

yet again people using Britney for their own benefit. Are the Seleners gonna make a post as well? I agree that picking on popstars is wrong but it’s manipulative to use Britney to gain sympathy and make a convincing argument when last year everyone is like “Britney? The has been? What has she done lately?”

• Love 6
  • Like 2

This comparison makes sense to an extent. She's definitely the most hated and scrutinized female popstar of our time (just like Britney), but that's where the comparison should've ended. At the end of the day, Taylor has found the love of her life and laughs all the way to the bank every time she releases something, so there's no need to draw such comparisons, and if these people want to continue being negative, immature, and toxic, let them be because they're the real losers in this situation. Taylor loses nothing - they do.

• Love 2

Its truly ridiculous how much pure hate taylor gets out here. Some ppl must be jealous that she keeps on winning and feeding her fans year after year. She deserves everything she has and is truly an amazing person, shame some people feel the need to bring her down. I have read this forum daily and i have seen that Taylor tends to get hated on more than anyone and its just not stating opinions and stuff its pure hate that sounds a lot like jealousy. 

• Love 3
  • Like 1

so my thing with taylor is...

I love her, i became a really big fan during her 1989/reputation eras and I love a lot of her other albums, but I feel like maybe we’re getting pushed so much taylor content within the last few years. Like all these documentaries, these albums, these announcements. I mean good on her for keeping busy with her work but it’s also the media that’s propping her up claiming she’s the best, claiming folklore and evermore are the best projects ever (in her discography and for 2020). I’m not mad at her being so successful, i’m just saying maybe she needs to take a break because I’m seeing the same thing happen with ariana grande (which Im also a really big fan of). They’re releasing and planning all this content kinda quickly that it feels a little overwhelming seeing their names pop up SO many times. Ariana literally just finished touring and was already working on Positions and is planning to release another album before touring again. Taylor released folklore and evermore almost back to back and is re-recording her past albums with fearless coming really soon. I fear that they’re going burn out.

• Like 1

I did not know her at first. I was listening to some songs, I thought she was kinda the woman described online, on the magazines, by people... the Kanye MTV drama, the phonecall drama, being singing about her heartbreaks...

And then, I've decided to make my own mind and I have looked around. And I understood from what she was coming from, that it was so easy to be mean, talking **** about her (just like it is so easy to talk **** about Britney). I've paid attention to her lyrics, music videos. I've documented myself and even though I cannot claim I am a Taylor fan, I do appreciate her music and what she is creating. Rerecording her music is so brave.

And most of all, it totally showed me that if you don't like something or something, then, you don't have to talk about it in the mean way. If you can't say something nice, then don't say nothing at all.

• Love 4
  • Like 1

We need to stop putting women against women, diminishing other artist success to praise our faves and be grateful that nowadays we have a lot of strong females that inspire so many young girls to be fierce and powerful. Madonna, Britney, Janet, Taylor Swift, Lady Gaga, JoJo, Dua Lipa, Kylie Minogue... They all are special in something and they all have a story to tell and teach us something great. We need to stop trowing hate to any woman that is a singer and start being successful. "My fave have X Grammys, X oscars, X academic awards, and yours don't", "my fave will always be better", "my fave is inspired by X, not Y"... this is childish behaviour, this is stupid. We need to respect them, and see the bigger picture, that is: We live in a misogynistic world, and the more women expressing themselves, the sooner we will have an egalitarian world. So that in the future no woman, being an artist or not, goes through any situation that Britney during her youth and adult life, went through. 

PS: you don't necessary need to praise them, but you need to RESPECT them. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Arcticlover said:

Britney is sweet, down to earth and relatable. Yes but so is Taylor. Just look at how she treats her fans. "Also makes amazing music." Applies to Taylor as well. "Taylor has been known to be Regina George behind the scenes and her music is crap in my opinion." A lot of people and the reviews and sales beg to disagree. In the end you're entitled to your opinion but its not objective whatsoever. No one can deny Taylors talent. And in the end of the day you don't know her. Who says she's Regina George? People can say what they want. Taylor has done a lot of good. 

You did not just put Britney and mouse-face devil in the same sentence. I have nothing to say to you. You don’t exist to me from this moment forward. You are a blind and delusional Stan if you believe all the paid critics and paid awards. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, exposingmediocrity said:

Her fans push her as such this song writer because of Everytime and they very few other songs she's written. meanwhile taylor is an acclaimed songwriter and was adding to rolling stones "100 greatest song writers " list. :riha_rihanna_cackle_laughing_lol_haha_hehe_lmao_hand:

Honey, take a seat. I mean your screen name says everything about Taylor. She is mediocre and she's making these lists right now, but she won't be remembered like you think. 

• Love 2
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block