This Day in Pop: Britney releases 'Don't Let Me Be the Last to Know' single in 2001 (January 17)

I thought the video was, weirdly enough, way too ***ual when first watching it. I don't think I've ever watched it in full in one sitting. I've always loved how boundary pushing she's been, but DLMBTLTK felt completely pointless. I'm not surprised it flopped. While I love the lyrical content, the song as a whole leaves me cold

Some live performances sound weird, and those back-up singers that would sing in a much richer tone than her made no sense. They were super hit or miss (She had them for her Not A Girl Not Yet A Woman performances too). I enjoyed the SNL and DWAD performances, though.

6 minutes ago, Goten21 said:

20201202_145555.thumb.jpg.8c30c5cdf8f6164fe8eb48ad02c515d5.jpg

:haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:

It wasn't live. Her vocals were not amazing. They were altered and lowered to sound like Cher on the HBO special. Except that's an insult to Cher. It was the same on some bootlegs I've seen and that is tragic. 

Her performances on SNL and The View in 2000, however, were good. Minus the awful backing singers. 

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, MM0219 said:

It wasn't live. Her vocals were not amazing. They were altered and lowered to sound like Cher on the HBO special. Except that's an insult to Cher. It was the same on some bootlegs I've seen and that is tragic. 

Even if it wasn't live, the backing track was sung by her and I doubt that they altered the pitch? If they did that's hella weird 

I think her voice was enjoyable. I wish they'd have lowered some of the instrumental at some parts but I don't think it's all that bad

1 hour ago, MM0219 said:

Her performances on SNL and The View in 2000, however, were good. Minus the awful backing singers. 

never realized it sounded like Cher, all I could think about when watching it again was the Good Morning America announcement from 2011 :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:

• Haha 1
  • 11 months later...

I wish this ballad got as much attention as everytime. Before I loved Britney, I loved Shania and when i learned this song was partly written by her I was thrilled

Plus the video is amazing 

I also think Britney genuinely likes this song with how many times she performed it and the fact she still sometimes wears the shorts

• Love 1
  • Like 1