This Day in Pop: Britney releases 'Don't Let Me Be the Last to Know' single in 2001 (January 17)

6 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

Which would technically never happen since the butthurt rock fans would make life for her hell if she ever released that song as a single (even though Rolling Stones themselves said they loved the cover Britney did) :orangu_orangutan_ape:

The way you always talk about non-existent rock fans while being an activist against stereotypes of pop music fans. :girlwhat_um_meme_guy_surprised_shocked:

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

I loved that she performed this at so many different places and tv appearances even though it flopped here in the US.  For it not to even make the Billboad pop chart was pretty bad considering she was the hottest thing around and was winding down a huge era.  I forgot she performed it at the Crazy 2k tour on the magic carpet thing.

She sounded good singing this live, but when I watch back performances I see that she is so constricted and tight in her throat and jaw that she sounds strained in parts at some performances.  I would love to hear how this would sound if she used her full voice and opened up and not be constricted.

• Love 1