Britney posts about the Glory re-release & Matches!

5 hours ago, MyahJeanSpears said:

You see but I somewhat fall in the middle of this whole debate. I personally don't believe I have shamed anyone for buying, streaming, etc the new stuff. Personally, I don't feel comfortable supporting it until she personally gives me the green light to. However, I also don't think she's petty and I do believe that she would want the people who worked on that song (writers, producers, people at the record label, etc.) to earn some money. Especially during a global pandemic. I think this is a very gray issue. 

I have not shamed anyone for purchasing the vinyl or streaming. But I have been shamed for not supporting her work. Not by you, but I am just saying there are some people here that don't necessarily fall on either side. I'm very much a live and let live sort of person on this issue. But I also will continue to express my skepticism when the claim is made that she supports this. To be honest if she were to put out a 30 second clip tomorrow I would shut the **** up. lol 

This is my point of view as well

• Love 1

Why are you all arguing about this? Can you stop shaming each other for what should be a completely personal decision? :new_york_breathless_uncannyxman: Personally, I'm not streaming, but I don't care if anyone else does. It's not like they'll earn much from this ****. The revenue from streams is minuscule enough, and on top of that Britney isn't credited as a writer, composer, or producer, so she wouldn't see much of it anyway. If anything, this could be good for her career because it keeps her name in people's minds. :tiffhair_miss_ms_new_york_ny_fix_hair_nodding_listening:

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Haha-Hehe-Haha-Ho said:

If you have any doubt about Brits level of support for this release, just remember that if she wasn’t boycotting we wouldn’t even be talking about Glory. Her team wouldn’t have to recycle half finished tracks to release the album (again), we’d be in a new era with new material and seeing actual promo. 

@CrazyButItFeelsAllright can REEEEEE all day like this is some gotcha moment but an Instagram post (even assuming it’s actually her) falls way short of proof we need when our girl literally has zero human rights. Two shiny “new” songs aren’t gonna distract me from that. If she boycotts, I’m with her. 

:groovin_dance_clap_alien_monster_party_costume_Halloween_spooky_scary:

• Love 3

Are we still debating about whether she supports this or not?

Look back to "Break The Ice", do you think Britney had much input in that release? The label owns the masters and determine when they want to release with or without the artist in question having a say. My label works very similarly, simple as that.

Just enjoy the music, legally or illegally, and take several seats.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, ralphcornio said:

The kind of people that Jordan counts with to keep it all respectful...

Idk seems pretty respectful to me. I’m not calling anyone out personally. If it triggers you and the boot fits then it’s up to you to wear it...the expecting mods to be mother Teresa’s is really getting tiring. We need a new excuse cause it’s sounding like a broken record player now 

1 hour ago, Slayer said:

It's funny how 'freedom of speech' is suddenly not acceptable when it comes from a view you do not agree with :hahaha_tiffany_ny_new_york_ms_miss_cackle_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao:

What happened to letting people say what they wanted huh? I thought you guys didn't want 'censorship' and wanted people to say whatever they wanted? :makeup_kylie_jenner_makeup_brush_lol_laugh_haha_hehe_lmao:

Non-boycotters have been respectful so much but when we are constantly attacked by people who lacked the capacity to show any respect in the first place they ARE going to get a response - sorry you can't deal with getting something back :makeup_kylie_jenner_makeup_brush_lol_laugh_haha_hehe_lmao:

@CrazyButItFeelsAllright continue spilling the boiling hot tea :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

Lastly i'll just re-iterate again if you guys have heard the songs and claim to be 'boycotting' you are NOT boycotting and still listening to something that originated from a stream/payment. So please don't bother responding to me with any excuses for why it's okay to listen to illegal downloads, that is never okay

:mcwave_mariah_Carey_kiss_bye_goodbye_wave:

Some of the very people constantly complaining about censorship want to censor me just because I’m a mod :roxxy: the burns they think they’re giving me is like playing with matches :bop_beyonce_dancing_yes_Yas_cheer_party_glasses:

• Haha 1

idk who said her posting about it was any proof she actually supports this.

She doesn’t run her social media and I’m afraid she hasn’t been in control of her career at all since 2007. This is a PR post, it’s so obvious it hurts. As I’ve always said i’m not going to tell others what to do, you guys can support this release if you feel like it and should not be attacked for it, just as we have the right to boycott. I know it’s a tricky issue but it doesn’t mean we have to fight against each other. This fandom has been through A LOT, we can get through this without turning this place into Exhell again!

mean girls bake a cake GIF

• Like 5
2 hours ago, PrettyGorl said:

Makes no sense :rihit_rihanna_annoyed_throw_walk_away_bye_irritated_mad:
the point of illegally streaming is to not fund her dads lawyers

Bc we actually care about her future, not you being able to get your Britney rocks off while she’s forced to stay locked up

But doesn’t she already have a fortune to pay for 100 lawyers lifetimes? Anyways missed you quoting me :jj_janet_smirk_hehe_haha_lmao_lol_giggle:

• Haha 2