Please keep Exhale a positive place

Do you think it'd be a good idea for moderators to actually MODERATE before giving warning points or doing something downright outrageous like telling someone to die cuz of a condition they have? 

Idk man, I think maybe sending a DM to try and calm them down could be the first step. And they can prob communicate with the user to figure out what it is that's setting them off. An explanation usually clears everything up.

THEN if you see it happen again you give them warning points? At least it'll give us regular folks a chance to take a step back and explain everything before things escalate. Sometimes our POV may not make sense to the mods. Or sometimes their POV won't make sense to us. Don't you think it's a better idea to DM privately and try and clear it up before things get worse? 

• Like 3
On 12/2/2020 at 1:58 AM, Jordan Miller said:

smile-exhale.png

Hey Exhale! First off, I just want to say thank you so much for being a part of this amazing community. You are appreciated in my heart more than you know!

As Exhale continues to grow, we're beginning to see a little bit of a shift towards negativity again #Exhell. Positive comments still far outweigh the mean-spirited ones, but in the last week or two, I've noticed a decline.

A lot of new users might not understand how the community functions, so I want to remind you all that by joining Exhale, you've agreed to the terms and rules.

You can review them here. In a nutshell it says: BE KIND.

I also want to point out that I've seen a lot of disrespect towards the @Super Moderators team. Please keep in mind that they are helping moderate this forum out of the kindness of their hearts. While no one here is "above" anyone else, they are owed the utmost respect. 

If you have a particular issue, please direct message me privately. Do NOT post rude/mean comments aimed at any of them (or any member, really).

I know that forums aren't rainbows and sprinkles. I'm not asking you to be fake. I'm asking for you to go the extra mile and be kind. When you hit that submit button, make sure your words are chosen carefully. 

If I continue to see hate flung at other members, I will be issuing a suspension. If it happens to you, your account will not be able to post and in some cases I may decide you can't view as a guest either (IP ban). Let's not take it there :] 

Now, let's all go for a little swim in the stars tonight, shall we? 

- Jordan 

@Blaze @Ember @Fire @Flame @Inferno @Phoenix @Solar Flare @Spark @Twitter Team smile-ex.jpg.25f47a8244559cf2fda2e90e73482ed6.jpg

When has exhell ever been positive? Eeeek these people are even attack the woman they claim to love .

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Derrickr411 said:

I bet it was roxxy

Sounds like Roxxy is Toxxy (toxic).... So why is she a moderator? I'm sorry, but who the hell has any right to tell someone to go die? Let's say she did absolutely nothing wrong.... And that other guy really is guilty. She still has no right to say that.  How she continued doing this role after that claim baffles my mind. Wow. 

Sounds like she's got some inner demons inside that she's gotta deal with first. Maybe get off exhale and go seek therapy? Until she's in a good place and NOT bring ppl down, it sounds like she's only gonna keep doing it. 

• Like 2

Ok I didn't get the memo nor tag. Which means I have been a good boy.

But this ain't gonna function. This is a discussion forum,and ppl come here to discuss and drag ppl with opinions different from theirs. I know you are trying to turn us into Stepford Wives due to profit aka Google not giving u a lot of crap.

But henney this ain't the way.

irpLvJS.gif

• Haha 1
  • Like 2

I’m with @Easy There. I disagree that exhale necessarily needs to be a positive place. I don’t come here to see everyone love and stan everything. Boring. Just don’t be grossly obscene, needlessly aggressive, or do any pointless name-calling.  If your comment has a point I’m ok if you wanna be a hater or express your criticism. We don’t all have to be nice all the time but we do have to accept that other people here will have other opinions and that’s a-ok. I disagree on some things with some of my favorite exhalers and that’s fine. 

• Love 4
  • Like 1
12 minutes ago, Haha-Hehe-Haha-Ho said:

I’m with @Easy There. I disagree that exhale necessarily needs to be a positive place. I don’t come here to see everyone love and stan everything. Boring. Just don’t be grossly obscene, needlessly aggressive, or do any pointless name-calling.  If your comment has a point I’m ok if you wanna be a hater or express your criticism. We don’t all have to be nice all the time but we do have to accept that other people here will have other opinions and that’s a-ok. I disagree on some things with some of my favorite exhalers and that’s fine. 

Yeah its absolutely ridiculous to expect. Not really expect but demand of ppl to be all jolly and positive. Even when they do not agree with someone or are defending their faves/views etc.

Agree about agression and personal attacks etc. You can "fight" with someone and still be "good" with them at the end of the day. Just don't be gross.

irpLvJS.gif

• Love 1
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, Haha-Hehe-Haha-Ho said:

4 hours ago, Easy There said:

Yeah its absolutely ridiculous to expect. Not really expect but demand of ppl to be all jolly and positive. Even when they do not agree with someone or are defending their faves/views etc.

Agree about agression and personal attacks etc. You can "fight" with someone and still be "good" with them at the end of the day. Just don't be gross.

irpLvJS.gif

I can assure you, this is what we're striving for on Exhale. We agree with you. We want people to feel free to express themselves however they want here, positive or negative.

The problem comes along when people start getting disrespectful, antagonizing, carry over arguments from one thread to another, or are so negative that other users aren't feeling comfortable or happy sharing their own opinions or feel discouraged from visiting Exhale at all.

The goal isn't to make sure everyone's positive. It's to make Exhale feel like a positive and welcoming enough space for people to feel comfortable sharing their opinions.

• Love 2
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Urbanney said:

We want people to feel free to express themselves however they want here, positive or negative.

The problem comes along when people start getting disrespectful, antagonizing, carry over arguments from one thread to another, or are so negative that other users aren't feeling comfortable or happy sharing their own opinions or feel discouraged from visiting Exhale at all.

Then get the thumbs down button back. You actually prevent people from showing their opposition in the most neutral and harmless way.

Now when people highly disagree and want to express it, they are forced to leave a comment that could be perceived as toxic, and potentially escalate through discussion, which is what you don’t want. Instead they should be able to leave a thumbs down and go on by, that is way less confrontational.

Also without the button this forum just gets shallow and boring. Even Facebook has a sad and an angry face button.

This is restrictive of self expression. Now people are just gonna write it out instead and tag who they disagree with which is more aggressive but the only way since you’ve taken away their more subtle choice. 

• Like 3
22 minutes ago, MortalMarshmallow said:

Then get the thumbs down button back. You actually prevent people from showing their opposition in the most neutral and harmless way.

Now when people highly disagree and want to express it, they are forced to leave a comment that could be perceived as toxic, and potentially escalate through discussion, which is what you don’t want. Instead they should be able to leave a thumbs down and go on by, that is way less confrontational.

Also without the button this forum just gets shallow and boring. Even Facebook has a sad and an angry face button.

This is restrictive of self expression. Now people are just gonna write it out instead and tag who they disagree with which is more aggressive but the only way since you’ve taken away their more subtle choice. 

I definitely understand where you’re coming from. The thumbs down button was a quick way to show you disagree with someone. 

The reason it’s currently disabled is because we found people were abusing it and using it to hold grudges against people, downvoting everything they post no matter whether they actually agree with the person or not. It led to pettiness and drama that wouldn’t be possible without the thumbs down feature. 

We’re currently testing out the feature being disabled to see if it helps alleviate some of these issues that lead to a more combative, uncomfortable environment. 

That being said, we appreciate the feedback, we hear you, and we will keep this in consideration as we decide what to do with the thumbs down feature long-term. 

• Love 2
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block