Please keep Exhale a positive place

4 hours ago, MoonLight28 said:

If moderators wants to act like normal user, bashing, trolling, and being bossy, they should be treated as normal user... Some of them aren't neutral either, so no... Behave like a moderator if they want respect, either way, they are like a normal user

Yeah I agree there's definitely a certain moderator on here that I've seen instigate fights and personally attack other users unprovoked

yeah of course moderators should be able to have their opinion but I also think they should be held to a certain standard. If they want to fight with people maybe they could use a separate account? The power dynamic is off, and you never see moderators on sites like reddit getting into such intense fights with users. Someone who's supposed to be making the site a better place shouldn't be personally attacking users.

• Love 7

That we must respect each other? Agree.

That the super moderators deserve the outmost respect? Well It is hard to agree with that ( a part that I think that EVERYONE is owed respect, none is better or above anyone else). It is hard to agree specially when some of them super moderators are the ones being rude to the users (insulting and not respecting). Of course I am not aware of everyone who has been disrespected, but I know in first person some are no saint.

This is like the police office issuing a statement about respecting their officers because they are chosen to be the law, and ignoring peoples complaints towards them and their abuse of power. Only that police officers are trained to do their jobs.

But again, EVERYONE respecting each other, YES

• Love 6
  • Like 3

I get why this is being done, but I also don't think it's the right answer either.

Not unless you're going to go ahead and lock every political thread, a lot of the posts in there deserve to be downvoted.

You can't really tell people to not be negative. Especially when you post a lot clickbait threads, where you know people are going to react to get your site hits.

It's nice to want nothing but sunshines and rainbows, but it just isn't realistic long term.

There will always be some level of conflict, it's what makes us human.

If everyone agreed on everything there'd be no reason for a forum...

• Love 3
  • Like 5
  • Leader
16 minutes ago, THE_MIKY said:

That we must respect each other? Agree.

That the super moderators deserve the outmost respect? Well It is hard to agree with that ( a part that I think that EVERYONE is owed respect, none is better or above anyone else). It is hard to agree specially when some of them super moderators are the ones being rude to the users (insulting and not respecting). Of course I am not aware of everyone who has been disrespected, but I know in first person some are no saint.

This is like the police office issuing a statement about respecting their officers because they are chosen to be the law, and ignoring peoples complaints towards them and their abuse of power. Only that police officers are trained to do their jobs.

But again, EVERYONE respecting each other, YES

I agree. Everyone deserves respect period. 

I should've clarified: Super moderators are in a unique position because they hold some "power," which makes them more of a target. 

Can't we all just get along :kidcries_crying_sad_tearing_up_sobbing:

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Jordan Miller said:

I decided to disable downvotes for the time being because I feel ultimately they are causing more harm than good. 😌 

I don't think you needed to do away with downvotes altogether, just take away the value where it affects reputation, that's why people go on the downvoting sprees.

If you're going to keep it gone you should bring back the other reactions that vanished awhile ago, just to keep it from being boring.

• Love 1
40 minutes ago, Jordan Miller said:

I decided to disable downvotes for the time being because I feel ultimately they are causing more harm than good. 😌 

I agree. To be honest, I have never seen the point of the downvotes.  I think it is just a way for angry people who can't deal with the frustration of someone disagreeing with them to "punish" those who dare. You can disagree and simply ignore or respond. Down votes imo are the perpetuation of Jr high level anger. 

• Love 4
  • Haha 1
52 minutes ago, Jordan Miller said:

I agree. Everyone deserves respect period. 

I should've clarified: Super moderators are in a unique position because they hold some "power," which makes them more of a target. 

Can't we all just get along :kidcries_crying_sad_tearing_up_sobbing:

Yes let's hope for a more positive forum.

And I agree that users can be banned and all you explained, but this should also apply to super moderators.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Jordan Miller said:

Applause Britney GIF - Applause Britney BritneySpears - Discover & Share  GIFs

1 hour ago, Britney'sBish said:

I don't think you needed to do away with downvotes altogether, just take away the value where it affects reputation, that's why people go on the downvoting sprees.

If you're going to keep it gone you should bring back the other reactions that vanished awhile ago, just to keep it from being boring.

Oh but they needed to be deactivated. They were being used to target people and subtly bully them through downvotes. So this was a good decision.:wink_britney_everytime_white:

1 hour ago, Bigno said:

I agree. To be honest, I have never seen the point of the downvotes.  I think it is just a way for angry people who can't deal with the frustration of someone disagreeing with them to "punish" those who dare. You can disagree and simply ignore or respond. Down votes imo are the perpetuation of Jr high level anger. 

Couldn't agree more. That's exactly what they were being used for. Crazy, sad people who think they "run this place" with toxicity and *****iness, and like to gang up on users who think and express themselves differently. 

I don't think this place could turn into a dictatorship or anything, a little sassiness and sarcasm here and there is what makes this place fun. So hopefully lessons have been learned, bullies will be kept at bay and Exhale stays a fun place to discuss Britney. 

PS: let's pray for the bullies tho. They need to see the light. 

Happy Clapping GIF by Wendy Williams - Find & Share on GIPHY

• Love 4
  • Haha 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block