Spin names the best 35 music videos of the last 35 years

Childish Gambino. Really? Well i get the political aspect, but damn this is just too easy :decisions_britney_thinking_confused_focusing_unsure_xfactor_bw_black_white:

Personally i want justice for Cry Me A River :walkonby_britney_sunglasses_walking_oh_hi_smile:.

No Beyonce and Gaga is just a nod to myself regarding my own opinions but i did not see it coming. Smug and sales do not qualify after all i see :sipney_britney_starbucks_straw_sipping_drinking_spill:... Is Kanye even on the list?  

Anyway Spin and Grammys etc cant be taken serious anymore. This was not the case twenty+ years ago :xcuseme_mad_say_what_hmm_confused:

• Love 1
25 minutes ago, MortalMarshmallow said:

Childish Gambino. Really? Well i get the political aspect, but damn this is just too easy :decisions_britney_thinking_confused_focusing_unsure_xfactor_bw_black_white:

Personally i want justice for Cry Me A River :walkonby_britney_sunglasses_walking_oh_hi_smile:.

No Beyonce and Gaga is just a nod to myself regarding my own opinions but i did not see it coming. Smug and sales do not qualify after all i see :sipney_britney_starbucks_straw_sipping_drinking_spill:... Is Kanye even on the list?  

Anyway Spin and Grammys etc cant be taken serious anymore. This was not the case twenty+ years ago :xcuseme_mad_say_what_hmm_confused:

Spin is owned By Billboard now. 

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Jordan Miller said:

It's that time of year again where media outlets start releasing their best of lists. 

Spin published a piece detailing their choices of the best 35 music videos of the last 35 years. 

Madonna remains the queen. :reductive_madonna_mdna_tea_coffee_cup_sips_sipping_drink_spill:

Exhale, thoughts on the list? Anyone missing? Sound off in the comments!

PS - I'd love to feature any year-end lists on the homepage you guys create :] 

best-videos-spin.jpg.1a8edd7acc78a31f1e17bce06f831512.jpg

I don't think it's really my business to have much of an opinion on this list because I wasn't around listening to music and watching videos when most all of these came out, but as far as year-end lists go, I just wanna say I listened to Grimes and Doja Cat the whole year. Ungodly Hour is also amazing, and Jessie Ware's Save a Kiss, James Blake's Are You Even Real, James Bay's Chew on My Heart, Låpsley's My Love Was Like the Rain, Roses, Rain on Me, and Foxes' Love Not Loving You were all amazing. Chromatica as a whole was great and has some other unbelievable songs on there, Tinashe's official remix trio was fantastic, and Disclosure's Energy and Bon Iver's I,I amazing too. For as little music as we could have heard with the pandemic cutting touring for all these artists, there was a lot of good new stuff to listen to the past year or so.

• Love 1
34 minutes ago, scottmoorela said:

Personally I would replace "Justify My Love" with "Vogue".. but I get that SPIN is 'deeper' than that. I like the list. Wouldn't have hated a Gaga or a MJ video on the list.. but still.. a pretty solid list. 

I think they included the video of justify my love given the legacy of the first video banned by mtv, The most successful video single (ironically what it feels like for a girl is the most successful DVD single due to being Banned by mtv as well). 

There's a lot. I think that's why it's included the legacy and impact it did..

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block