Britney Spears is re-releasing "Glory" on vinyl with TWO new songs and an alternate cover

Giov_a

2 hours ago, Jordan Miller said:

Hmmm I'm skeptical. Some times that's used as a marketing tactic. Companies will say something is sold out or jack the price up, then in a week it's suddenly available or reduced in price. It's kind of a scare tactic. Cause if it becomes available again you'll think "I can't miss out on this again!" and buy it. 

I have trouble thinking this was available for 1000 people to purchase it and we are just now finding out about it. 

Yeah it does seem kinda strange. Honestly it wouldn't surprise me if it was a marketing tactic and then it gets put back on sale again.

4 minutes ago, Isla said:

Yeah it does seem kinda strange. Honestly it wouldn't surprise me if it was a marketing tactic and then it gets put back on sale again.

I dunno... the Oops Record Store Day exclusive was only 4600 right? And from what I understand it wasn't available online but it still sold out very quickly. So if this is really just 1000 and you can pre-order it online I bet it's going to sell even faster.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Musicandsoul said:

As expected... 

honestly, i KNEW something else was coming besides SITS. The whole announcement and delay in releasing it to streaming etc was so weird. It makes much more sense now. 

SITS - NOVEMBER 27TH

Glory Deluxe - DECEMBER 4TH 

Hmm the label are milking it. I’m not mad at them. You can’t have an artist inactive for years with no releases.. they are clearly doing this just to keep her name relevant.

Excited for that second new song !!!!!!!

Exactly! Plus I’m willing to bet that per her contract she’s suppose to have a new album out by now, but since she’s not working RCA is doing this re-release 

10 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

but I doubt reissues would count as one more album from her contract (if her contract is measured in studio albums)

Research how Sony Music basically concluded Jessica Simpson's contract with a playlist album. 

She technically owed them one more Studio album, but given how she underperformed to their liking of five million to ten million especially given how they marketed her as the Next Mariah Carey, Sweet kisses was basically that copy and paste of MC's debut album and it backfired badly.

Sony basically released her from her contract and released playlist without her knowledge. She was rightfully so pissed and very mad. 

7 minutes ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

Was a bit of a hit outside of the U.S. though. It flopped in the states cause radio ban for both artists back then in the States. 

Even without the radio issue I doubt this song would have been a huge hit. Nobody outside of her fanbase ever talks about this song and Madonna fans don't like it. I love it personally but we all know the hit from ITZ was Toxic.

• Love 1

I hope the second « never heard before » song is NOT moodring. It’s available in japan since 2016 et worldWide since 2020. So it would be a huge scam.

If SWTS is one of them it’s fine but I’d rather have them release two more new songs and then do the « glory ultimate edition » in 6 month with a complete tracklist and one final new song. If they want to milk glory they better do it the right way lol 

edit : I also hope the back cover will use a new unreleased shot from the Lachapelle photoshoot ! 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Spicechinodiva said:

Research how Sony Music basically concluded Jessica Simpson's contract with a playlist album. 

She technically owed them one more Studio album, but given how she underperformed to their liking of five million to ten million especially given how they marketed her as the Next Mariah Carey, Sweet kisses was basically that copy and paste of MC's debut album and it backfired badly.

Sony basically released her from her contract and released playlist without her knowledge. She was rightfully so pissed and very mad. 

That one makes sense though bc Jessica was never overly successful in music. She had some hits here and there but she went downhill fast.

2 minutes ago, Spicechinodiva said:

Just now, PickleSpears said:

Yeah, I think remix and GH albums count so they could have just done one of those if they really wanted to end the contract.

I don't think in Britney's case even the compilations count as albums.

Between FF and BJ, there were 4 compilations released:

• B in the Mix Vol 2,
  • OIDIA: The Best of Britney Spears,
  • Playlist: The Very Best of Britney Spears,
  • and The Essential Britney Spears.

That without counting the packages FF / Circus, Triple Feature (the first three albums) and ITZ/Circus

I don't think any of those counted, since they all kept saying she had only one album left on her contract (what would end up being BJ).

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

I don't think in Britney's case even the compilations count as albums.

Between FF and BJ, there were 4 compilations released:

• B in the Mix Vol 2,
  • OIDIA: The Best of Britney Spears,
  • Playlist: The Very Best of Britney Spears,
  • and The Essential Britney Spears.

That without counting the packages FF / Circus, Triple Feature (the first three albums) and ITZ/Circus

I don't think any of those counted, since they all kept saying she had only one album left on her contract (what would end up being BJ).

Yeah I've never known the details of any of her record contracts. I know a lot of artists put out GH albums to get out of contracts but who knows.

• Like 1