Britney Spears is re-releasing "Glory" on vinyl with TWO new songs and an alternate cover

Giov_a

2 minutes ago, kneetap said:

Do it. It's a steal price - i get its a rerelease but extremely limited copies and this is a nice vinyl to have at a reasonable price. I get that its on inflation on eBay because its just been released, but the price on that website is the lowest it will be.

Yeah you do have a point. Especially because it's limited (and I was lucky cause a few weeks ago I snagged Hayley Williams' limited edition vinyl which has a new song on it). But there's also the My Only Wish/Swimming In the Stars vinyls and ahhh :gloria_falling_stairs_trip: I work freelance and cause of the lockdown this month I had a lot of my shifts I signed up to cancelled because they didn't need as many people because of the situation. So fingers crossed I'll have more work in the next few months otherwise I lose out on money :wontcry_tears_crying_sad:

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Jamiea1112 said:

Everyone’s arguing to one side...

Can someone break this down for me-

A) Why are vinyls coming back in? Is it just a vintage type thing or have I missed something?

B) Is it actually worth going out and getting a record player? Like is the sound different, to say... a speaker with Spotify? 

:katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

A) Yeah, nostalgia and also people like the big artwork and to collect.

B) IMO, no. It's not worth getting a player. I don't listen to any of my vinyls and don't like the sound of pop albums on vinyl. I frame them or just put them on my shelf. If you want to collect them then it's worth buying the vinyls.

1 hour ago, pablitonizer said:

It's hard to tell at this point, but I truly believe Domination's original plan was to resume near the end of 2019, or maybe 2020 and that's why MGM decided to play it cool and representatives kept saying "show postponed" - But then the pandemic happened and Britney decided to focus on more important personal things and here we are 

It's also interesting to note there were talkings on new Britney music in December 2019 according to the leaked email

I'm not saying Domination is happening lol - but what if this contract is still on and they're just waiting for her? :typing_keyboard_computer:

She brings a LOT of money into Vegas, and they’re unlikely to land someone as big as her in the next 2 or 3 years. She has a proven track record of selling MILLIONS. 

27 minutes ago, PickleSpears said:

Oh okay the way I read it was that it's being released digitally two weeks after the UO vinyl in Jan

Nope Billboard said two weeks after the pre order Happened. 

They knew had they wait til after the vinyl came out a horrible leak would happen. 

Now that the Vinyl deluxe is coming out way before the single as an European exclusive..

Which you know some marketplace would use Amazon and others and charge a hundred it two hundred dollars to ship it to the states.

@Jordan Miller

@PokemonSpears

@Slayer

That's how usually it is. Since Confetti didn't get a US Release on CD. 

Market places is asking 35 to 58 (limited edition version) to ship to the US. 

They charge us more money cos some places know some of us want that physical product and some of us have money to spend like a trust fund baby. 

Again, how is Britney "working" when regardless if she had a role in this or not, didn't have to lift a finger for this random re-release?

Does anyone have proof or evidence that every cent of this re-release is going straight to Jamie or her team? 

It's highly likely that her contract with RCA is expiring, and this is a last ditch effort to avoid litigation from the label. There's probably some clause or something in the fine print that said a re-release can be considered a new record as long as it has new tracks that haven't been released before. Who tf knows.

Some of yall need to calm tf down. This is some re-release that, worst case scenario, she didn't even know about, and best scenario paid for her monthly mortgage and her kids private school.

Yall seriously think Britney would be super upset that a re-release of arguably her favorite album sold out within a day? and none of that required her to memorize 180 minutes worth of choreography or sit for hours on a chair getting her makeup done to do mindless hair flips for some new bs perfume campaign? 

She still has bills to pay and kids to raise. How does anyone think her saying she refuses to "work" (for her father's benefit) means she doesn't want to continue making money through other outlets? :boredashell_pink_britney_hmm_blink_well_umm:

People screeching like harpies that they're going to boycott everything are just circle jerking themselves to get a dopamine high off of virtue signaling. :rlynow_britney_really_clasped_um_ok_seriously: Just go to some cringy protest and post selfies instead of virtuously trashing Britneys bank account. 

• Love 1