Britney Spears is re-releasing "Glory" on vinyl with TWO new songs and an alternate cover

Giov_a

1 minute ago, Jamiea1112 said:

Amazing, thanks.

I love the look of the vinyls (like the ones with the paint platters etc on them). But I know I’d listen once or twice and it would get shelved. Would more be just to decorate my livingroom with oversized Britney album art, for no reason haha!

Mtv Awards 2019 Whatever GIF by MTV Movie & TV Awards

You can store them in a beautiful box, or frame them on your wall. They're a beautiful piece of art imoΒ 

40201055_010_b?$xlarge$&fit=constrain&ql

• Love 6
  • Like 1
28 minutes ago, Jamiea1112 said:

Everyone’s arguing to one side...

Can someone break this down for me-

A) Why are vinyls coming back in? Is it just a vintage type thing or have I missed something?

B) Is it actually worth going out and getting a record player? Like is the sound different,Β to say...Β a speaker with Spotify?Β 
Β 

:katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

Β 

I grew up on vinyl.

Yes, it does sound different. The sound is "warmer," and has more of a live feel to it.

It's hard to explain, but people who grew up with vinyl will always love vinyl.

35 minutes ago, Jamiea1112 said:

Everyone’s arguing to one side...

Can someone break this down for me-

A) Why are vinyls coming back in? Is it just a vintage type thing or have I missed something?

B) Is it actually worth going out and getting a record player? Like is the sound different,Β to say...Β a speaker with Spotify?Β 
Β 

:katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

1) Yeah everything nostalgic is coming back in. It's a fun listening experience. I love putting on a vinyl while I'm cleaning or a Christmas vinyl around the holidays.

2) However, I will say that pop vinyls do not sound better on vinyl. Like at ALL lol. Part of the fun of pop albums is the bass and they don't transfer well on vinyl. They do sound "vintage" like they have that vinyl grainy sound which is fun but digital music being pressed onto vinyl is light years different than music from the 60s/70s/80s and before actually being made on vinyl. Those are the ones that actually sound better.

The fun of vinyls to me is collecting them (love having the large format art) and like I said the experience of it is fun.

1 hour ago, One More Time said:

Her arms are floating.

what a bad photoshop production.

Β 

:gunriah_mariah_carey:

Maybe it's supposed to symbolize the rise of the queen πŸ‘‘ , she is rising from the ground and then wraps those chains around her father's head in the next coverΒ Reaction Gif GIF by MOODMAN😝 

• Haha 3
47 minutes ago, MM0219 said:

Again, I'm talking pre-conservatorship. What do you not understand? πŸ˜‚Β 

All I am saying is, if Britney was given the creative freedom she clearly wantedΒ she would be a very different artist today. In the past there have been numerous reports of Britney having to fight to have her single choices listened to and approved, especially around the ITZ era.Β 

She's a major artist who makes them bank. Does that mean they care about her? No, it doesn't. Give an artist creative control, again I'm talking pre-conservatorship before you jump down my throat, and you potentially get the best from that artist.

If she is ever out of the conservatorship or Jamie is out of the picture she needs a whole new team of people, and that includes record label because they have been failing her for years. And it's true for many artists signed to RCA.Β 

To be fair, Britney fought for MATM as the first single and it didn't do well lol.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, GodneyLovin said:

I just feel like we know their trickery and since Mood Ring wasn't on the original release, they are using it again and choosing their wording wisely. I hope another new song comes out though!

If they said the 18 tracks + 2, then yes, but I really think the two new tracks are just Mood Ring and SITS. MR hasn't been included on any international, physical release, and SITS either. And it would be weird to have the MR remixes but not the standard

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Stannedforever said:

Didn't they remove Change Your Mind (No Seas Cortes) to replace it with mood ring from the "digital re-release" this year. I'm gonna scream if they add it back and call it a new songΒ :imok_goo_ooze_yellow_slime_mess_blonde:

they didn't just remove CYM. In the reissue of this year, they simply skipped all the tracks from the Deluxe version: Better, Change Your Mind, Liar, If I'm Dancing and Coupure Γ‰lectrique. So it was the 12 tracks from the standard version + Mood Ring as track 13 :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

• Love 1
  • Like 2