Britney Spears is re-releasing "Glory" on vinyl with TWO new songs and an alternate cover

Giov_a

4 minutes ago, muffin monstah said:

Exactly. I’m all in for freebritney. But there is other side of this, and I’m surprised RCA didn’t sue her, but who know what the real deal is in play. 

I'm actually surprised MGM didn't sue her last year after domination was cancelled tbh... it was a juicy contract with a lot of money involved and there was clearly a breach of contract there. I'm wondring what the status of that contract is at this point :rlynow_britney_really_clasped_um_ok_seriously:

• Love 6
  • Like 3
Just now, Britney M. Carey said:

Is there any reliable website that sells this vinyl? I’ve seen a couple but the reissue either have been sold out or is listed on a basic, strange looking ones

It's a Record Store Day release so local record shops are selling it lol. That's why the sites look "basic and strange" haha. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, pablitonizer said:

I'm actually surprised MGM didn't sue her last year after domination was cancelled tbh... it was a juicy contract with a lot of money involved and there was clearly a breach of contract there. I'm wondring what the status of that contract is at this point :rlynow_britney_really_clasped_um_ok_seriously:

I'm surprised too I mean she was sued for cancelling the summer leg of OH Tour for supposedly breaking a bone. A lot of money was already spent on promo and rehearsals and who knows if they were adapting their venue for the show the way Planet Hollywood did for POM.

2 minutes ago, pablitonizer said:

If it’s cancelled for health reasons then they can’t sue. By putting her in an institution for 3 months Jamie essentially voided the contract because she’s got a health reason not to perform. Even though we know it’s garbage and he cancelled the show to punish her 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Pinky98 said:

If it’s cancelled for health reasons then they can’t sue. By putting her in an institution for 3 months Jamie essentially voided the contract because she’s got a health reason not to perform. Even though we know it’s garbage and he cancelled the show to punish her 

Maybe so. I don't know the contract details but again, she was sued for OH Tour and that was health reasons.

1 minute ago, PickleSpears said:

But her label does not have the legal right to go behind her team's back and ask what Britney wants specifically. The c-ship doesn't work like that. That's a dream land. You're accusing her label of not caring about Britney at all but come on. She's a major artist.

Again, I'm talking pre-conservatorship. What do you not understand? 😂 

All I am saying is, if Britney was given the creative freedom she clearly wanted she would be a very different artist today. In the past there have been numerous reports of Britney having to fight to have her single choices listened to and approved, especially around the ITZ era. 

She's a major artist who makes them bank. Does that mean they care about her? No, it doesn't. Give an artist creative control, again I'm talking pre-conservatorship before you jump down my throat, and you potentially get the best from that artist.

If she is ever out of the conservatorship or Jamie is out of the picture she needs a whole new team of people, and that includes record label because they have been failing her for years. And it's true for many artists signed to RCA. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Not this selling out already and no one on Exhale knew about it :imdying_wendy_crying_sad_tears_sobbing: yet the same four people on Team Boycott get so pressed when one of us buys them. News flash not all Britney fans are on Exhale and look people are still buying them :queenriri_rihanna_red_wave_carpet_smile:

the snap :blast_explosion_skeleton_skull_fire_flames_boom::blast_explosion_skeleton_skull_fire_flames_boom::blast_explosion_skeleton_skull_fire_flames_boom:

:gloria_falling_stairs_trip::gloria_falling_stairs_trip::gloria_falling_stairs_trip::gloria_falling_stairs_trip::gloria_falling_stairs_trip:

i love you :lessons_preaching_telling_hand_smack:

Spoiler

when you're not snapping at me tho :jj_janet_smirk_hehe_haha_lmao_lol_giggle::riri_rihanna_take_bow_wink_flirt_hand_white:

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Pinky98 said:

Not necessarily! We don't know the contract details of course, but many artists have cancelled shows due to health issues and they've been sued no matter what

My guess is insurance play a big role here and cover for the money wasted, then MGM and Britney team came in good terms and end their contract, or the contract is still on hold which it'd be really strange :pleaseshhh_miss_ny_new_york_tiffany_tell_talk_preach_pollard:

• Love 3

Everyone’s arguing to one side...

Can someone break this down for me-

A) Why are vinyls coming back in? Is it just a vintage type thing or have I missed something?

B) Is it actually worth going out and getting a record player? Like is the sound different, to say... a speaker with Spotify? 

:katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Jamiea1112 said:

Everyone’s arguing to one side...

Can someone give me some break this down for me-

A) Why are vinyls coming back in? Is it just a vintage type thing or have I missed something?

B) Is it actually worth going out and getting a record player? Like is the sound different, to say... a speaker with Spotify? 

:katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

I guess it's always been a thing for melomaniacs that love collecting music records. In my opinion, since CDs/DVDs have become a bit outdated due to the popularity of streaming services (Spotify, Netflix,etc), some companies are trying to be innovative by offering exclusives as physical copies => vinyls. They are slightly more expensive but allegedly the sound quality is close to perfect on vinyls. But you also need a high quality record player. The maintenance of both can be quite demanding though from what I've heard.

You need to look after both vinyls and record player if you want to preserve their quality. For instance, vinyls need to be stored in a specific position from what I know, which means that you need the space for that as they tend to be quite bulky. Same goes for the record player. Dust is your enemy. 

Overall, I think it's a cool hobby for melomaniacs and for people who prefer physical to digital. However, it can be quite costly and a bit demanding. But hey you get plenty of exclusives and re-releases. It might be worth the investment if you have a few spare bucks and space in your home.  

• Love 1
  • Like 1
5 minutes ago, Geralt_of_Rivia said:

I guess it's always been a thing for melomaniacs that love collecting music records. In my opinion, since CDs/DVDs have become a bit outdated due to the popularity of streaming services (Spotify, Netflix,etc), some companies are trying to be innovative by offering exclusives as physical copies => vinyls. They are slightly more expensive but allegedly the sound quality is close to perfect on vinyls. But you also need a high quality record player. The maintenance of both can be quite demanding though from what I've heard.

You need to look after both vinyls and record player if you want to preserve their quality. For instance, vinyls need to be stored in a specific position from what I know, which means that you need the space for that as they tend to be quite bulky. Same goes for the record player. Dust is your enemy. 

Overall, I think it's a cool hobby for melomaniacs and for people who prefer physical to digital. However, it can be quite costly and a bit demanding. But hey you get plenty of exclusives and re-releases. It might be worth the investment if you have a few spare bucks and space in your home.  

Amazing, thanks.

I love the look of the vinyls (like the ones with the paint platters etc on them). But I know I’d listen once or twice and it would get shelved. Would more be just to decorate my livingroom with oversized Britney album art, for no reason haha!

Mtv Awards 2019 Whatever GIF by MTV Movie & TV Awards

• Love 2