VOTE: Could Katy Perry Sell Out an Arena Tour?

If Covid was not around, could Katy Perry sell out an Arena Tour based off her discography?  

297 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I voted for my girl cuz I want to believe that there are second chances and she can do something that will reignite public interest.  If she figures it out is another thing, but Cher came out with Believe in her late 40s after tons of flops.  Katy will get her chance to shine again but she needs a major change to garner interest.  Main pop girls need interesting storylines and character arcs.

• Love 1
38 minutes ago, PuertoRicosFinest said:

I voted for my girl cuz I want to believe that there are second chances and she can do something that will reignite public interest.  If she figures it out is another thing, but Cher came out with Believe in her late 40s after tons of flops.  Katy will get her chance to shine again but she needs a major change to garner interest.  Main pop girls need interesting storylines and character arcs.

not u comparing iconic legendary cher to this katy gurl.

• Haha 2

@CaulkDestroyer @MortalMarshmallow In regards to Katy Perry's hair you mentioned... Why does it matter so much to some? In one her Witness interviews, an emotional Katy Perry explained how she felt reading some negative words incl. remarks about her hair, how some much preferred it long and black.

Perry sported the long raven hair for several years (as well as coloured wigs). I guess she just wanted a change, she grew out of that look, no matter how hot it was. (She recently explained how she sported the raven hair during some of her darkest times.) As you can see on her teenage and childhood pics (1, 2345), she's a natural blonde. All she did was go closer to her natural hair colour.

I can't comprehend why would anybody stop following an artist over a change in hair colour... What actually matters is the artist's voice, words and music.

21 minutes ago, Arckangel said:

@CaulkDestroyer @MortalMarshmallow In regards to Katy Perry's hair you mentioned... Why does it matter so much to some? In one her Witness interviews, an emotional Katy Perry explained how she felt reading some negative words incl. remarks about her hair, how some much preferred it long and black.

Perry sported the long raven hair for several years (as well as coloured wigs). I guess she just wanted a change, she grew out of that look, no matter how hot it was. (She recently explained how she sported the raven hair during some of her darkest times.) As you can see on her teenage and childhood pics (1, 2345), she's a natural blonde. All she did was go closer to her natural hair colour.

I can't comprehend why would anybody stop following an artist over a change in hair colour... What actually matters is the artist's voice, words and music.

because people, and I mean, people in general, not just fans, like artists for the whole package

it's actually very understandable that the moment any of the elements is changed, people will just stop caring, whether is the voice, the genre, the hair, the dance moves, anything. I mean, there's also the possibility that people like the change, but chances are they won't. Yet, those changes can attract other new people, or not...

There's this notion among fans and even some artists, that believe that just because someone is hard-working, or talented or beautiful, they deserve all the success in the world, but things don't work like that. Or just because someone had success in the past, deserves to keep doing so. But I don't think popularity or fame or success is deserved. I think it has more to do with luck, than any other factor. And by luck I mean in the sense of releasing something at the right moment, at the right time. Yes, it has to be objectively good, but it also depends a lot of the current music scene, what other artists are putting out stuff, and what kind of stuff, and what are the characteristics of the main audiences that are consuming music in that particular moment. That's how many great songs or albums can still flop no matter how good, and other songs no matter how bad, are also topping the charts. But their fate would be different if they were released in other times.

Maybe Katy would still be "flopping" today even with black hair. Maybe she wouldn't. We'll never know because she made a decision already. 

2 hours ago, Arckangel said:

Honestly, professionally she’s a brand and she has to sell herself as a whole package which includes her looks.

I never cared for her voice actually (I love Dark Horse and ET but I don’t obsess over her voice). 

I cared for her: music video plots, aesthetics, appearance and presence due to her major popularity as she was inescapable.

Long story short she changed her looks for the worse imo, her music video plots suffered by her not delivering **** anymore imo, her aesthetics halted and became more joking and sloppy. 

1: Would you buy a Barbie if her hair was chopped super short? 

2: Why do you think people were outraged by Britney going bald? (I mean others like Demi Moore did it too but people didn’t mind that).

Because both Britney and Katy’s music careers are highly branded and marketed through selling a polished fantasy, being attractive dolls that girls would want to be and look like, and boys would like to... acquaint. 

When you peel away the foundation of their initial success and popularity you will see results... sometimes negative. There’s a difference between artistic growth and dropping all of your most important brand/marketing trademarks. 

On 11/21/2020 at 10:06 PM, CaulkDestroyer said:

I could see her having a Vegas residency very soon, especially because of the new Covid vaccine. But she will say, that it's a perfect fit for her because she has her baby and it lets her stay in one place. (I know Britney said the same thing about her boys, but SHE then sold out a European/Asian tour and had the biggest audience for Brighton Pride).

Katy has this obsession with clowns.

@Jordan Miller has anybody outside circus acts. Performed at Circus Circus. 

That would be a great residency for Katy. 

Katy perry live at the adventure some at Circus Circus. 

Get yours ticket's to ride Smile the most depressing roller coaster ever. Then see Daisies the movie followed by Teenage dream the revue. 

On 11/24/2020 at 12:07 AM, PuertoRicosFinest said:

Cher was already a legend. Katy is not even close to that status.

@MortalMarshmallow, you have good points, but see... That's reportedly one of the reasons why Britney shaved her head; she was reportedly tired of everybody touching her, of being the perfect little doll, but she very quickly started sporting wigs and then extensions, so that did not last.

As for Katy Perry, didn't Miley Cyrus do the very same thing?

71-S30Uh6yL._AC_SY445_.jpg

71XiyS8TIcL._SL1128_.jpg

mileycyrustumblr_n2gm9u0u961rozfx7o1_500

Miley Cyrus did the same very thing, looked just as good IMO, her brand was still a marketable product and Bangerz was quite a successful era in spite of all the controversy generated and backlash she got by some.

katy-perry1.jpg

c84a0cb08f86b7e44d0535c09b1155e0.jpg

Bon_appetit.jpg?1513629637

R-10417949-1498510012-2350.jpeg.jpg

Perry looked quite similar to Cyrus, and very good IMO. Perry then grew her hair longer but remained platinum. She's been sporting the light blonde hair for awhile now, so I guess that's what she now prefers (and once again, it's closer to her natural hair colour).

The black hair made a reappearance in this video:

Katy Perry On Image: “I Don’t Think I’ll Ever Go Back To Dark Hair”

Katy Perry is renown for rocking a variety of looks, but her most pronounced trademark has been her dark hair.

Indeed, aesthetically when she hit the scene she halted Pop’s long-running obsession with endless assembly line of blonde starlets.

Recent times have seen her pivot from her established look and some have attributed this to her shaky chart trajectory of late. Almost like a modern music take on Samson in the Bible.

But for those hoping for the return of the “Katy Perry” circa ‘I Kissed A Girl’ and ‘Teenage Dream,’ it doesn’t look like it’ll be happening anytime soon.

Find out why below…

Speaking to VH1 India during a promotional trip, the American Idol judge explained:

“I don’t think I will ever go back dark [with my hair]. Because I think it was good for the time. You know, it was great. But I love the blonde because it brightens things. You know, it’s like walking with a constant balance. And I like what it does with my eyes. So I think I’m gonna stay blonde for a while. But maybe transition into more of a honeydew.”

Full article: https://thatgrapejuice.net/2019/12/katy-perry-image-dont-think-ill-ever-back-dark-hair/

6 hours ago, Arckangel said:

@MortalMarshmallow, you have good points, but see... That's reportedly one of the reasons why Britney shaved her head; she was reportedly tired of everybody touching her, of being the perfect little doll, but she very quickly started sporting wigs and then extensions, so that did not last.

As for Katy Perry, didn't Miley Cyrus do the very same thing?

You have good points too. Just the whole outrage about Britney being off the rails or triggered by the paparazzi was such a drama and the wigs (at least some) were a reminder of that :gtfo_britney_pink_wig_2007_mad_annoyed_irritated_stare:

Miley Cyrus is a great example for your argument, she reinvented herself completely and benefited from it, I guess because she was so scandalous  and provocative as opposed to her previous image, the transition was too in your face to not dive into somehow. Whereas Katy got the same hairdo but her videos and image actually toned down, became more mellow and less out of the box as compared to before imo. Or maybe we just got too used to her style it became boring and how she used herself as a joke didn’t help either imo (Swish, Hey Hey Hey for instance) :katyfrog_perry_upset_um:

Still hope she will do a music video as a woodland elf 🧝🏻‍♀️, featuring her husband 🧝🏼‍♂️, it would actually fit her sense/catalogue of doing themed music videos, and it’s highly relevant for her to do that imo Kissing Sad But True GIF by Cheezburger

I voted no because I am assuming if she announced a tour it would be branded as a “Smile” tour and not a lot of people really know about that album :idkney_britney_glory_carpool_karaoke_unsure_idk_nervous:

If she branded it as a “Greatest Hits” or “Best of Katy” tour then yes she could sell out :) 

I feel like Katy is a legacy artist now and there’s nothing wrong with that. She has nothing else to prove and can easily make money off her legacy and hits. A Vegas residency would be gold for her :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

On 11/21/2020 at 9:06 PM, CaulkDestroyer said:

I could see her having a Vegas residency very soon, especially because of the new Covid vaccine. But she will say, that it's a perfect fit for her because she has her baby and it lets her stay in one place. (I know Britney said the same thing about her boys, but SHE then sold out a European/Asian tour and had the biggest audience for Brighton Pride).

^ AGREED! Although, I think if she came out with a banger lead single and a new album, Katy would still be able to do Arena tours. No matter how much the GP doesn't care for her now, they are easily swayed by old favorites reviving themselves. 

Speaking of Vegas... Does anyone think Britney can ever return? After cancelling Domination, will venues take a risk on her (and would she even be insured by the touring companies?) Although I think after the CONservatorship she will need a whole new team, manager, amazing album, tell-all book, interview with Oprah, all then to promote a world tour. :barbie_hair_flip_hairflip_weave_proud_cocky: I'm getting off topic...

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block