Dua Lipa drops 'Illusion' video

Idk, the production is there, the concept is there, the music is there, the voice is there, the choreo is there, dancers are there, but Dua is not up to par with the production and the image that the bigger machine wants her to be, she gets lost in in this "pop girl" scenery. Everytime i see her perfom or dance its like im also in her head counting the steps and trying to move my hand from here to there to immitate or give the illusion of a natural dance move. Its clear she is training hard to be able to be more flexible and do moves, but this girl is not a dancer. I LOVE her music and I love her, but when it comes to stardom and and being a pop star, I struggle to see it, AND I REALLY WANT TO. Maybe dua shoulnt be a pop girl. Perhaps some digging in could help her find out where she stands in the artistic spectrum. She was more Dua in her older music and music videos.

• Love 1
  • Like 2
1 minute ago, Markoct said:

Idk, the production is there, the concept is there, the music is there, the voice is there, the choreo is there, dancers are there, but Dua is not up to par with the production and the image that the bigger machine wants her to be, she gets lost in in this "pop girl" scenery. Everytime i see her perfom or dance it’s like im also in her head counting the steps and trying to move my hand from here to there to immitate or give the illusion of a natural dance move. It’s clear she is training hard to be able to be more flexible and do moves, but this girl is not a dancer. She was more Dua in her older music and music videos.

I totally get what you’re saying 

• Love 1
  • Like 1

That's definitely the best video so far this era. Very summery, lots of choreo, visually appealing. So much better than the boring Training Season video.

The song is a bop too and is giving Kylie nu-disco vibes. Bring on the album now!!

• Love 4
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, Markoct said:

Idk, the production is there, the concept is there, the music is there, the voice is there, the choreo is there, dancers are there, but Dua is not up to par with the production and the image that the bigger machine wants her to be, she gets lost in in this "pop girl" scenery. Everytime i see her perfom or dance its like im also in her head counting the steps and trying to move my hand from here to there to immitate or give the illusion of a natural dance move. Its clear she is training hard to be able to be more flexible and do moves, but this girl is not a dancer. I LOVE her music and I love her, but when it comes to stardom and and being a pop star, I struggle to see it, AND I REALLY WANT TO. Maybe dua shoulnt be a pop girl. Perhaps some digging in could help her find out where she stands in the artistic spectrum. She was more Dua in her older music and music videos.

i think dua is gym music, store music, just like ariana and justin bieber can be, i mean, the gym i used to go mixed their music on a playlist and i think it’s cute pop

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Toy_Soldier_93 said:

I feel like Dua is the closest thing we have to Britney as far as current pop stars go. Her dancing has improved so much and the choreography ate! I do wish her music was sonically a bit more interesting, though.

I’ve been saying this for years. Yes she’s not the dancer Britney was BUT she puts in the work and releases proper eras. She doesn’t shy away from releasing singles and music videos and promos. I wish she was bigger, but I actually like that she’s not as huge because I can still feel I don’t have to fight others to buy concert tickets. Although I feel this next tour will be a bigger hit than the last considering her Europe dates sold out so fast with the few dates she released so far. And people call Tyla, McRib and all these others the next Britney when they’re not doing big pop eras like Dua. 

• Haha 1
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block