VOTE: Could Katy Perry Sell Out an Arena Tour?

If Covid was not around, could Katy Perry sell out an Arena Tour based off her discography?  

297 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

No, I don’t think she’d be able to do another arena tour. She could probably do smaller venues and still do well. I feel like every era has a handful that will become legends and be able to sell arenas for a long time, the madonnas, Britney’s, Beyoncé’s, etc. I think from Katy’s peak era the stars who will have that are Taylor, Gaga, Rihanna, and Drake maybe? But I think Katy is in more like the Cyndi Lauper, Christina Aguilera, type of career path, huge for like one decade and will always be associated with that period of time for most of the gp. So she’ll still be able to make music that she’ll have a smaller fan base that will still listen, but for the gp, they’re not really into it. She’ll still be able to do smaller tours every couple years, but unless she can transition and start making more well respected music or find her niche, I think arenas are a thing of the past, at least in the us. 

the thing about most acts that are able to tour arenas for a long time, is that they have either really iconic performances that are well remembered or they have an amazing catalogue of huge hits. Katy had one huge era and 2 other successful eras, but since then she’s almost irrelevant. I think even Xtinas liberation did better than smile, and Xtina ain’t selling out Arenas (in the us) anymore, and I’d say Xtina is more iconic, most ppl at least think of her as one of the best voices. I don’t think ppl think Katy has an amazing voice, is a great dancer, or iconic performer... 

• Like 1
14 hours ago, frederiickx said:

Cher was already a legend. Katy is not even close to that status.

Katy is a huge legend.  Wytb? They didn’t pay her 25 million to do American Idol for nothing.  Her rise to stardom from “You’re So Gay” and all the anthems that will be played for the next 100+ years, like firework and Last Friday Night, and Roar.  She’s already a legend.  There WILL be a Perr-aissance one day.  Her time was cut short abruptly because of Hillary Clinton.  Had she not gotten “woke” her career would still be Taylor Swift status.  

9 hours ago, ColdAsFire88 said:

I feel like Katy is a legacy artist now and there’s nothing wrong with that.

Katy Perry's only 36 and she made it big at about the same time as Taylor Swift (6 years younger). Nicki Minaj is 37, Beyoncé is 39, Lady Gaga is 34, Drake is 34, Lil Wayne is 38. Are all those acts legacy acts? No. Heck, I don't even see Madonna as a legacy act (since she keeps on putting out new music). To me, a legacy act relies solely (or mostly) on their past catalogue.

It is common for artists to experience "low periods" and then rise again.

Mmm...I think it depends. On a lot of factors. For instance, J.lo career was hot at one point, then she started making horrible music and her records sales(and everything music wise) started to suffer. Then BAM comes out "on the floor" and she's back on top..... and years later headlining her first AREANA tour(in the US).

I really think if the song is a hit that can connect with a ton of people....anyone can get back on top. 

• Like 1
On 11/26/2020 at 2:24 PM, Arckangel said:

That's strange 'cause her voice (on record) sounds quite powerful to me, she can belt, and her live voice has only gotten stronger and stronger.

I’m not saying she has a bad voice, but she’s not known for an amazing voice like Whitney, Celine, Xtina, Aretha, Mariah, etc. They’re considered some of the best voices of all times, I don’t think most of the gp would say Katy is one of the best vocalists. She’s mainly known for catchy hits and her quirky videos/looks. I mean, Gaga’s known fir her theatrics and over the top looks, but she’s also done other things like the Sound of Music performance from the oscars that showcases her voice and that she has more talent than just the spectacle. I don’t think Katy has really done anything like that in her career to make ppl outside her fan base respect her more. 

Don't get me wrong, she has great songs I actually enjoy a lot of them even if she's not my cup of tea :receipts2_britney_um_browsing_browse:

But I feel like, somehow, her music always sounds a little "dated". I really enjoyed Witness and most of Smile but I quickly forget about it and don't have that much interest on returning to it that often. :smokney_britney_smoke_cigarette_chaotic_2004_exhale_blow: I don't really believe she'd sell out an entire arena tour at least in Europe.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block