Was Early Mornin needed at the Onyx Tour to make it perfect?

warioaddams

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OMG yes!! That would have been so *******ic and fit the whole theme!

27 minutes ago, RedBloodedWoman said:

Yes. Early Mornin & Don’t Hang Up would’ve made this her best tour. It’s wild she did the entire album at the show except for Brave New Girl and Early Mornin (especially since Early Mornin was her fav)

I agree!! And that's how it should be as a lot of artists actually perform most of their new albums with a mix of a couple of old hits, for some reason for Britney they keep making her shows nostalgic acts with only a couple of new tracks.  It should be the other way around. Hopefully now that Lou and Larry are out of the picture, it gives her more creative freedom as to what she performs, whereas before they often shot down her requests.

53 minutes ago, jennyj said:

OMG yes!! That would have been so *******ic and fit the whole theme!

I agree!! And that's how it should be as a lot of artists actually perform most of their new albums with a mix of a couple of old hits, for some reason for Britney they keep making her shows nostalgic acts with only a couple of new tracks.  It should be the other way around. Hopefully now that Lou and Larry are out of the picture, it gives her more creative freedom as to what she performs, whereas before they often shot down her requests.

This, people drag her for using 20 year old vocals on BOMT, and I’m like, y’all she doesn’t like it either, but she kinda kinda forced to do this 

:badthoughts_gun_kris_genner_thinking_debating: Shoot me for saying this, but I feel like "crazy" could have easily been replaced by something from ITZ. Crazy is one of my favorite songs from Britney and the onyx hotel tour version was cute but I always felt like it doesn't fit with the theme/aesthetics. Early Mornin', The Answer, Don't Hang Up... Maybe even Brave New Girl could have been better choice IMO :badgirl_britney_flirt_sexy_pom_piece_of_me_lips:

Early Mornin’ should have been performed around the BOM/TOMH section it would have suited the full mood of the show and fits perfectly.

The OHT would have been a cool concept for a Vegas residency. The whole show was perfectly suited to Vegas. I’m glad she toured with this show but the whole concept would have suited a residency better than what we actual got for POM...

8 hours ago, jennyj said:

And that's how it should be as a lot of artists actually perform most of their new albums with a mix of a couple of old hits, for some reason for Britney they keep making her shows nostalgic acts with only a couple of new tracks.

I think that’s only true for POM, isn’t it? 

Onyx Hotel - 10/16 songs from ITZ

The Circus Starring Britney Spears - 11/17 songs performed were Blackout or Circus

Femme Fatale Tour - 13/21 (majority) all Femme Fatale or newer singles.

I think Piece of Me is the only show that was heavily nostalgia, which makes sense since you wouldn’t want to base an entire residency (that really was a risk looking back at it) on an album that the artist and GP really weren’t into (outside of a good leading hype single). 
Still, it’s wild to me that they didn’t make the post-Vegas tour a Glory-focused show (such as TCSBS or Onyx). People had years to go see B perform the hits for four years, she was clearly over the same show over and over, and it could have helped Glory in sales if done correctly. Team B is cheap and lazy, and there really should have been some push from the label. 

6 hours ago, halfdressed said:

The only thing not perfect about the ITZ tour was how bare and empty the stage was at some shows. And even then it was exceptional. 

i mean, ****. Look at the gif above. You don’t even need backdrops or props. 

That was intended. They wanted the stage to be less elaborate than the one used for the DWAD tour. 

90 minute shows are pretty short for a pop show. By Britney's 4th album she could have been doing longer shows. 16 songs is not a lot. However, she did perform 10 songs from ITZ, 7 of them being non-hits. I love Early Mornin' and it would be awesome to see her do it live but she needed more hits in that show. She paid dust to songs like Stronger and Lucky that would have been great in the show.

I actually think onyx needed more songs from the 1st 2 albums like she could’ve made lucky more sinister or cabaret for onyx. A tour I think that lacked new material was circus. Like where was unusual you??? Kill the lights?? Even out from under and shattered glass could’ve gotten a number. Heaven on earth and toy soldier? 

Archived