Ariana Grande's new album "Positions" To Fall to #4 In Its Third Week In The US Selling 65k units...

Blackout2006

23 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

Princess of pop? SMH, In her 6th album, she is already heading for lower debuts whereas Britney sold 505k in her first week in the US alone and was already shifting 400k units outside of the US, WITHOUT STREAMING, so Arianators can have several seats with their Princess of pop claims :begone_tiffany_miss_ny_new_york_ms_door_there_leave_bye_goodbye:

Oh wait, is Ariana like Rihanna in the first years of her career dropping one album after another? 

Ariana first single was in 2013 and 7 years later she has 6 albums?

Britney released her 6th album in 2008, 10 years after BOMTs debut. 

Man, Ariana is overexposed af.

1 minute ago, Bundy said:

Oh wait, is Ariana like Rihanna in the first years of her career dropping one album after another? 

Ariana first single was in 2013 and 7 years later she has 6 albums?

Britney released her 6th album in 2008, 10 years after BOMTs debut. 

Man, Ariana is overexposed af.

Probably. You never know i mean, maybe she will suddenly stop producing and rushing stale albums and be on a 5-year hiatus to have everyone truly miss her, but that would be a good PR trick, considering the underperformance of positions :tired_so_there_head_tilt_annoyed_see_rose_mcgowan:

Wow really? Britney had 6 albums in a span of 9 years, but Ariana already has that much in a span of 7 years already? Jeez...

Yes very much, and it has been the case since the Sweetener era. Even if she was not releasing albums in the first half of 2020, she was still singing for #1 collabs and songs, and was trending for various stuff, she never really made anyone miss her. Guess thats why Positions did quite badly...

• Haha 1
38 minutes ago, monkeystar88 said:

It's difficult for artists to become more popular and successful as their career continues. That's is what makes our hero Britney so special. I still don't think we've even begun to see Ariana peak yet though. 

The TUN era was already huge in terms of streaming and chart success for her; I really can't imagine her doing better than that, especially since her latest album has such lackluster numbers compared to her previous opus.

Unless she finds a new gimmick, she's pretty much doomed to continue to decline. Things will get even harder for her as she ages too considering the ageism in the pop music industry.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, monkeystar88 said:

It's difficult for artists to become more popular and successful as their career continues. That's is what makes our hero Britney so special. I still don't think we've even begun to see Ariana peak yet though. 

Eh...she was a pop phenomenon in the Sweetener and TU,N era (even though we can argue if DW was the era that catapulted her peak) and the only artist that was bigger than her at the time was only Billie. Otherwise, she was a force to be reckoned with. Thank U, Next was like the third-highest selling album of 2019, and had 2 huge hits from that era alone that are still referenced to this day in pop culture. She as HUGE last year. So it WAS for sure her peak, however i wont deny that she could have had a bigger era than TU, N with positions. The album should have come out late 2021, a fresh and new sound, two strong singles and good promo. Oh well.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

Probably. You never know i mean, maybe she will suddenly stop producing and rushing stale albums and be on a 5-year hiatus to have everyone truly miss her, but that would be a good PR trick, considering the underperformance of positions :tired_so_there_head_tilt_annoyed_see_rose_mcgowan:

Wow really? Britney had 6 albums in a span of 9 years, but Ariana already has that much in a span of 7 years already? Jeez...

Yes very much, and it has been the case since the Sweetener era. Even if she was not releasing albums in the first half of 2020, she was still singing for #1 collabs and songs, and was trending for various stuff, she never really made anyone miss her. Guess thats why Positions did quite badly...

She needs a break and to stop trying to be the Fergie of this generation :brityes_britney_yes_nodding: I like her, she has talent and I wish shed do more of Dangerous Woman and less of these trashy songs shes trying to push down our throats :ugh_britney_disgust_gross_ew:

Actually Circus was released almost 10 years later than the BOMT album. If it was released one month later in january 2009, itd have been 10 years exactly after BOMT album. Britney was also 27 years old :tbh_britney_nod_yes_yas_ftr_for_the_record_vma_2008_circus:

2 hours ago, BabkaAutorka said:

I was so excited for NTLTC, GIAW etc. music videos 2 years ago because she had long break before this and now after she put out 947937493 songs and music videos since 2018, I literally don't care at all about 34+35 music video that is coming in an hour... she should take 2 years of break at least, really, people are so tired of her 

If she learned to disappear like Taylor & Adele she would sell more :mhmnod_yes_agree_nodding:

But I don’t think it’s up to her I think they’re working her to dust  :mhmnod_yes_agree_nodding:

• Love 1
22 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

Eh...she was a pop phenomenon in the Sweetener and TU,N era (even though we can argue if DW was the era that catapulted her peak) and the only artist that was bigger than her at the time was only Billie. Otherwise, she was a force to be reckoned with. Thank U, Next was like the third-highest selling album of 2019, and had 2 huge hits from that era alone that are still referenced to this day in pop culture. She as HUGE last year. So it WAS for sure her peak, however i wont deny that she could have had a bigger era than TU, N with positions. The album should have come out late 2021, a fresh and new sound, two strong singles and good promo. Oh well.

True. Billie won't have a long pop life shelf. 

23 hours ago, Stefani said:

The TUN era was already huge in terms of streaming and chart success for her; I really can't imagine her doing better than that, especially since her latest album has such lackluster numbers compared to her previous opus.

Unless she finds a new gimmick, she's pretty much doomed to continue to decline. Things will get even harder for her as she ages too considering the ageism in the pop music industry.

I think she will have another peak. She is the only real SINGER. There will always be room for her like Whitney, Celine and Mariah have endured. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, monkeystar88 said:

I think she will have another peak. She is the only real SINGER. There will always be room for her like Whitney, Celine and Mariah have endured. 

Except that these woman have always doing something different on each era of theirs. If Ariana is still going to do trap-hip hop, then I don’t see a second peak coming...

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block