Ariana Grande's new album "Positions" To Fall to #4 In Its Third Week In The US Selling 65k units...

Blackout2006

Update 6:

While mid-week predictions for Positions are for it to stay atop of the UK charts for a additional 4th week, Positions is planning already to surrender the top positions in the Billboard 200, predicted to fall to #4 due to competition in this week.

Update 5:

MediaTraffic Charts (The worldwide charts) has posted sales for Ariana Grande's new album, "Positions" and the numbers aren't so great..

The album debuted at #2 selling 257k copies WW, but if we were to subtract US sales, the album has sold 98k copies WW. This is a steep decline from her last years studio effort which sold 225k copies; and 585k copies in total in its first week.

Spoiler

If you were to calculate its total sales with removing US and UK sales, (two of the biggest music markets)...Positions has technically sold 56k copies worldwide. 

Meanwhile, Positons is staying second week at #1 in the US selling over 80k units with a 36% decrease in sales from its first week numbers. However, Positions has dropped to #3 in the UK Charts. Overall, Positions has so far sold 339k copies WW and does have a possibility of climbing to #1 in its second week in the Global Album Charts Top 10.

Update 4:

Wow...Not only did Positions fall for the 4th time below its predicted standards but dipped below everyone's interest. Positions debuted at #1 selling over 172k units in its first week. This has become Ariana's FIRST album not to outsell its predecessor, and is Ariana's third-lowest first week sales to date, selling lower than her 2016 effort Dangerous Woman which sold 178k in its first week :umomg_britney_shocked_wow_omg_surprised_eyes_wide:

Here are the highest debut sales of this year:

Update 3: 

Ouch....after Thank U, Next debuted at #1 selling over 65k units, Positions tops the chart selling only 27k units in stock first week in the UK. This is a 38,000 decrease in sales from her last effort and thankfully she did not release Positions this week or else it would have debuted at #3 under Little Mix and Kylie Minougue :eheeek_britney_unsure_ew_gross_um_awkward_embarrassed_cringe:
Update 2:

Its sales are just getting worser and worser. Chart data has updated it and it seems it is predicted to sell 182k.

Update 1:

Just when the stans thought sales would be predicted much higher :teigen_chrissy_eek_awkward_um_cringe: Seems that Ariana Grande's new album "Positions" is still on track to debut at #1, but with 195K (versus the 240-260K prediction previously).

Earlier:

It has been 2-days since Ariana has released her 6th Studio effort "Positions" welcoming favorable reviews from the critics and general public, not only has it been an underwhelming listen for many fans, but is also going to welcome...quite fine sales for someone of a status of Ariana who along with Billie are the biggest popstars in the world right now...

According to Hits Daily Double, the new record will be predicted to (obviously since she is Ariana) debut at #1 with only 240k-260k. Now it has just dipped to only 195k sales. These are...pretty underwhelming numbers

Not only did it fall below everyone's predictions whom predicted it to sell over 300k-500k but is Ariana's first album not too outsell its predecessor in its first week. Now the sales have just reduced in prediction, only predicted to sell 195k with a #1. Gurl, even ARTPOP outsold ya. Positions is Ariana's fourth lowest first week sales. This is a 54% drop from Ariana's monstrous Thank U, Next debut which topped the charts selling a staggering 360k in the US alone. Positions is now one of the lowest selling commercial albums by a pop star in its first week. Here's a chart for reference:

pnQP9H4kp

Here is the possible consequences for sales for an album that was highly anticipated upon release:-

• Overexposure:- Due to the release of Sweetener, this era and album catapulted Ariana into Main Pop-Girl Phenomena who would later release Thank U, Next...6 months after the release of her critically-acclaimed record and thus, the Thank U, Next became the peak of Ariana Grande's career, becoming the 3rd Best-Selling Album of 2019. So for a star with such immense success and fame, it is quite important to take 1-year breaks to conjure your fans and the GP to miss you, so when you release your next record, you are not over-saturated in the market. However, Ariana was still as active as she was in 2019, this year. She released more singles in which 2 were #1 Hits with JB and LG. So to release an album after such immense stardom might have started to cause people to lose interest in Ariana.
  • Leaking:- There have been MANY albums in the past that could have been much huger if it weren't for people who could leak and share music of an album about to be release which destroys hype for ones record. And it seems Positions has become a severe victim of that. The album was leaked 3-4 days prior to its official release and spreaded like wild fire through the internet, due to everyone wanting to hear the new album. As many people too disliked the album in its first leak listen, this caused people to lose interest in the album.

So what do you guys think? Disappointed? Shocked? Surprised? Lemme know :sendinglove_kissing_heart_love_blowing:

ari-sales.jpg.a855bc8ddbec9aa7d01feed1260c729c.jpg

Related:

• Love 3
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, alexxxx said:

People need to realize thank u next was her peak. She's not gonna do huge numbers like before, positions was trending all over twitter on friday and it's receiving favorable reviews both from critics and the general public. She's doing way better than sweetener and it's predecessors. 
Besides, bundles no longer count towards the charts which plummeted a lot of album sales. It's why JB's changes sold well in its first week (tour bundles) and T-Swift's boring folklore.

See queen, here is the issue though :heresthetea_reading_telling_glasses_talking_preaching_facts_paper_wendy_williams:

I will just try dissect each of your lines and explain with detail :heresthetea_reading_telling_glasses_talking_preaching_facts_paper_wendy_williams:

3 minutes ago, alexxxx said:

People need to realize thank u next was her peak. She's not gonna do huge numbers like before

Was Thank U, Next Ariana's peak? Yes, very much. However, before Thank U, Next everybody thought Sweetener's success was the highest she could go, then she proved them wrong by releasing the title track which thus, became a hit :heresthetea_reading_telling_glasses_talking_preaching_facts_paper_wendy_williams: However, the issue here isn't about what was her peak but how long she could have extended it :heresthetea_reading_telling_glasses_talking_preaching_facts_paper_wendy_williams: If Ariana decided to atleast release the album around mid-late of 2021 while being inactive in the music scene, not only could Positions have been a much more better album but morree successful and even sell around 450k SPS in its first week, thus, outdoing Thank U, Next :heresthetea_reading_telling_glasses_talking_preaching_facts_paper_wendy_williams: Its just like how Britney released Self-titled in 2001 after 2 mega-monstrous era's, and even though people saw it as a dip in sales, the album was and is still recognized highly successful because very few artist can have their 3rd album still sell over 10 million copies WW  :heresthetea_reading_telling_glasses_talking_preaching_facts_paper_wendy_williams: And we can see Positions as her 3rd album since we are talking of peak which started with the release of Sweetener :heresthetea_reading_telling_glasses_talking_preaching_facts_paper_wendy_williams: The thing is that HOW it could have been managed much better so that way Ari could have still had successful-follow ups which would have made her extend her peak till the mid-2020s :heresthetea_reading_telling_glasses_talking_preaching_facts_paper_wendy_williams:

14 minutes ago, alexxxx said:

positions was trending all over twitter on friday

Pops biggest icon right now just released an album, are we surprised its trending and her younger fans are losing their crap? :heresthetea_reading_telling_glasses_talking_preaching_facts_paper_wendy_williams:

Even Myah Marie Jean was trending on Twitter for sometime and...we all know what happened next :heresthetea_reading_telling_glasses_talking_preaching_facts_paper_wendy_williams:

Any star of her status can have their album trend on Twitter but in the end "Twitter Trends =/= Success" :heresthetea_reading_telling_glasses_talking_preaching_facts_paper_wendy_williams:

17 minutes ago, alexxxx said:

it's receiving favorable reviews both from critics and the general public.

Unlike Sweetener and Thank U, Next which both simultaneously welcomed critical acclaim in their debut but if we were not to compare, i genuinely dont see how a 65% metacritic and 62% albumoftheyear.com score debut is "good" :heresthetea_reading_telling_glasses_talking_preaching_facts_paper_wendy_williams: Usually albums welcome a 75-100 score on their debut but this flew below the radar but i mean anyways a 65% is better than 55% so i see where you are coming from though basically :heresthetea_reading_telling_glasses_talking_preaching_facts_paper_wendy_williams:

20 minutes ago, alexxxx said:

She's doing way better than sweetener and it's predecessors. 

Except prediction for Positions having higher FW than Sweetener, i dont really see how Positions can come to be more successful than the album that catapulted her but yeah obviously it would be more successful than Sweetener's predecessors because duh, she released this album after two huge eras AKA her prime :heresthetea_reading_telling_glasses_talking_preaching_facts_paper_wendy_williams: In the Yours Truly- Dangerous woman era she was seen as a popular popstar but now she is seen as the main-pop girl so :heresthetea_reading_telling_glasses_talking_preaching_facts_paper_wendy_williams:

23 minutes ago, alexxxx said:

It's why JB's changes sold well in its first week (tour bundles) and T-Swift's boring folklore.

Yeah, i will give you that...thats very true :heresthetea_reading_telling_glasses_talking_preaching_facts_paper_wendy_williams:

Also, not "boring" folklore :dead_falling_wig_dying:

Spoiler

I also think it is, so go off :queenriri_rihanna_red_wave_carpet_smile:

24 minutes ago, alexxxx said:

Great post though:queenriri_rihanna_red_wave_carpet_smile:

Awww, thank you! :hugs_madonna_britney_ftr_2008_circus_hugging_friends_support:

I am working on actually updating it with more theory :verycool_britney_nod_glory_yes_yas_mhmm:

27 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

If Ariana decided to atleast release the album around mid-late of 2021 while being inactive in the music scene, not only could Positions have been a much more better album but morree successful and even sell around 450k SPS in its first week, thus, outdoing Thank U, Next

You're absolutely right! No one was expecting her to drop the album this month, and I'm sure her record label thought the unprompted announcement would propel the album to a higher success (which clearly didn't work:tifftear_miss_ny_new_york_ms_crying_wipe_tears_sad:) Hopefully they'll stop her from releasing for two years like Britney did with self-titled and In the Zone.

30 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

i genuinely dont see how a 65% metacritic and 62% albumoftheyear.com score debut is "good

It still has pending reviews. It rose to 71 on metecritic yesterday and I think there are 10 more reviews left (TUN had around 20+).

32 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

Any star of her status can have their album trend on Twitter but in the end "Twitter Trends =/= Success

True, but every track occupied the trending page:queenriri_rihanna_red_wave_carpet_smile:

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, alexxxx said:

You're absolutely right! No one was expecting her to drop the album this month, and I'm sure her record label thought the unprompted announcement would propel the album to a higher success (which clearly didn't work:tifftear_miss_ny_new_york_ms_crying_wipe_tears_sad:) Hopefully they'll stop her from releasing for two years like Britney did with self-titled and In the Zone.

Thanks for understanding my point! :hugs_madonna_britney_ftr_2008_circus_hugging_friends_support: I dont know why they got so over-confident with the release, because even though she is immensely popular, she cannot pull a Beyonce or Taylor Swift card, where you can just say on Instagram "Omg hi guys nnn...my new album is coming next week so get ready, okay my PR Agent said this was enough to write on the post so gtg, byeeee UwU". In one interview, Ariana found it unfair how promoting standards for male artist is so low whereas for females it was so high so she wanted to go against that statement and as much as i hate the album, i agree with Ariana so much. However, she really had no impactful thing to back her up and her not re-inventing herself just added more fire to it. To think how Positions could have been more successful....

11 minutes ago, alexxxx said:
12 minutes ago, alexxxx said:

It still has pending reviews. It rose to 71 on metecritic yesterday and I think there are 10 more reviews left (TUN had around 20+).

True. Once the scores are done, we will see. However i just see it the most going 72% and the least 65% :awkblink_britney_awkward_blinking:

13 minutes ago, alexxxx said:

True, but every track occupied the trending page:queenriri_rihanna_red_wave_carpet_smile:

Unlike Sweeteners and TU,N tracks, which actually charted :queenriri_rihanna_red_wave_carpet_smile:

But having all your tracks trending on twitter is pretty accomplishing though :flawlessbye_leave_walk_there_i_said_it:

57 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

Where did Billie come here though? :imdying_wendy_crying_sad_tears_sobbing:

You mentioned her in your thread, lol. You need to calm down otherwise I will cut a bich. 

Calm down, anyways it will end up with over a 50 replies :queenflopga_pink_sass_walking_away_bye:

It will end up doing views and replies because you bash the most popular pop star rn. We will make you, not vice versa, silly rabbit. You think u did something here on exhale? :imdying_wendy_crying_sad_tears_sobbing:

• Love 2
2 hours ago, King Sleezy Style said:

You mentioned her in your thread, lol.

This is the most i have said about her

5 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

It has been 2-days since Ariana has released her 6th Studio effort "Positions" welcoming disappointing reviews from the critics and general public, not only has it been an underwhelming listen for many fans, but is also going to welcome...quite low sales for someone of a status of Ariana who along with Billie are the biggest popstars in the world right now...

According to Hits Daily Double, the new record will be predicted to (obviously since she is Ariana) debut at #1 with only 240k-260k. These are fine numbers, but however, isn't much of a good news for Ariana Grande...

Not only did it fall below everyone's predictions whom predicted it to sell over 300k-500k but is Ariana's first album not too outsell its predecessor in its first week. Here's a chart for reference:

qnsbBL.png

:teigen_chrissy_eek_awkward_um_cringe:

Here is the possible consequences for such low sales for an album that was highly anticipated upon release:-

• Overexposure:- Due to the release of Sweetener, this era and album catapulted Ariana into Main Pop-Girl Phenomena who would later release Thank U, Next...6 months after the release of her critically-acclaimed record and thus, the Thank U, Next became the peak of Ariana Grande's career, becoming the 3rd Best-Selling Album of 2019. So for a star with such immense success and fame, it is quite important to take 1-year breaks to conjure your fans and the GP to miss you, so when you release your next record, you are not over-saturated in the market. However, Ariana was still as active as she was in 2019, this year. She released more singles in which 2 were #1 Hits with JB and LG. So to release an album after such immense stardom might have started to cause people to lose interest in Ariana.

So what do you guys think? Disappointed? Relieved? Lemme know :sendinglove_kissing_heart_love_blowing:

Out of all these words, this was how much she was mentioned. Just a mere input onto the post

2 hours ago, King Sleezy Style said:

It will end up doing views and replies because you bash the most popular pop star rn. We will make you, not vice versa, silly rabbit. You think u did something here on exhale? :imdying_wendy_crying_sad_tears_sobbing:

Sorry i am not bashing her. I dont kiss her neck just because she is Nicki's friend. I dont hate her, i hate this album. Ariana is one of the female artist i listen to and she has been a significant part of my childhood. Heck, i even have the Thank U, Next CD and planning to get a Sweetener vinyl, so just because i hate Positions as much as i hate Myah Marie Jean, thats none of your business. I always make threads of albums first week sales so she is no special. All i did was report sales and lay out the consequence for why its predicted to debut with such low sales. Stop being extremely negative and if you cant deal with someone having an opinion, please leave this thread. Bye.

2 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

This is the most i have said about her

Out of all these words, this was how much she was mentioned. Just a mere input onto the post

Sorry i am not bashing her. I dont kiss her neck just because she is Nicki's friend. I dont hate her, i hate this album. Ariana is one of the female artist i listen to and she has been a significant part of my childhood. Heck, i even have the Thank U, Next CD and planning to get a Sweetener vinyl, so just because i hate Positions as much as i hate Myah Marie Jean, thats none of your business. I always make threads of albums first week sales so she is no special. All i did was report sales and lay out the consequence for why its predicted to debut with such low sales. Stop being extremely negative and if you cant deal with someone having an opinion, please leave this thread. Bye.

SHUT UPPPPPPPPPPPP

Give me a f break with your nonsense. You first hate on Taylor and now Ariana. You basically hate the ones who are more powerful than your fad fave. It’s okay tho, but making long *** and tiring threads about it shows how immature you are. Get a life. We still love POSITIONS. Don’t compare this album to Britney Jean, too. Ariana sings her songs and actually wrote half of it. :imdying_wendy_crying_sad_tears_sobbing:

• Love 1
40 minutes ago, King Sleezy Style said:

SHUT UPPPPPPPPPPPP

Give me a f break with your nonsense. You first hate on Taylor and now Ariana. You basically hate the ones who are more powerful than your fad fave. It’s okay tho, but making long *** and tiring threads about it shows how immature you are. Get a life. We still love POSITIONS. Don’t compare this album to Britney Jean, too. Ariana sings her songs and actually wrote half of it. :imdying_wendy_crying_sad_tears_sobbing:

Okay lets settle this. I dont want to create problems with you okay? Please let us let it be. 

It will still go platinum, plus her website sells 3 different CD covers. .. it's not bad. 

I do think close to the holiday season, everybody thought she was gonna do a Christmas album, not this. 

She did say she wanted to do a full length version. 

And this is her final Album under her six album deal with Republic records. 

I'm sure they would renew it with her as she's one of their biggest acts. 

• Content Curators
3 hours ago, King Sleezy Style said:

Imagine calling this album a flop when it’s a commercial success. :imdying_wendy_crying_sad_tears_sobbing:

#1 song, #1 album incoming :imdying_wendy_crying_sad_tears_sobbing:

My Future? A ducking flop. TROLLZ BLOCKED. :imdying_wendy_crying_sad_tears_sobbing: She had to scrap a whole album because of that single underperforming. :imdying_wendy_crying_sad_tears_sobbing:

Anyway, stream safety net aka the best song released this century :imdying_wendy_crying_sad_tears_sobbing:

safety net is the best collab she's done in a while, but pov:yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad: she destroyed me with that song:yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad:

• Love 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block