Ariana Grande's new album "Positions" To Fall to #4 In Its Third Week In The US Selling 65k units...

Blackout2006

TINASHE-SHOPIFY-COVER2_1_1024x1024.jpg?v=1598626707

tinashe-gt.jpg

Imagine Ariana in something like that, it's that simple and everyone would talk about her, she would be kinda out of her comfort zone but she would look like herself, it's very Ariana but at the same time that would be something new too but no... even album photoshoot to Positions sucks and it's boring as hell... I mean she probably struggles with depression, PTSD, maybe social anxiety so maybe that's the reason why she's so lazy at this point 

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

I wouldnt say that, since she is HUGE where i live. Her last album sold over 200k units outside of the US and here comes Flopositions selling 98k :weusay_tiffany_cackle_cackling_chuckle_giggle_lol_haha_hehe_laugh:

Everyone meets their maker eventually and now that she doesn’t have Mac, Manchester nor Pete publicity she’s going to struggle remaining a dominant force :nynod_miss_new_york_ms_nodding_yes_yas_agree: will stick to listening to her old hits and think she should release her greatest hits compilation now :queenflopga_walk_sass_pink:

• Love 1
  • Haha 2
43 minutes ago, Towelney said:

I liked Positions but I wish she went full-on ‘00s R&B :mattafact_alligator_telling_talking_chatting_preaching_green:

Hide contents

But why? I don’t want another Rn’B album from her...I want something DIFFERENT. Something different from her whole discography. I really don’t want some watered-down rnb music because we know in the end all the rnb stuff we will get from her is just another watered-down sweetener and tun demos :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile: 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Everyone meets their maker eventually and now that she doesn’t have Mac, Manchester nor Pete publicity she’s going to struggle remaining a dominant force :nynod_miss_new_york_ms_nodding_yes_yas_agree: will stick to listening to her old hits and think she should release her greatest hits compilation now :queenflopga_walk_sass_pink:

I kind of feel bad that this is how her peak started. She is the best singer of her generation and has angelic vocals and is already being compared to legends like Mariah. She just has so much potential. We saw her artistic-peak with TU,N, but she can go beyond that. Also, what if the complication flops :queenflopga_walk_sass_pink:

Also, periodt, old Ari is always the best Ari :queenflopga_walk_sass_pink:

Problem :queenflopga_walk_sass_pink:

Break free :queenflopga_walk_sass_pink:

One last time :queenflopga_walk_sass_pink:

Side to side :queenflopga_walk_sass_pink:

Dangerous woman :queenflopga_walk_sass_pink:

No tears left to cry :queenflopga_walk_sass_pink:

The true hits :queenflopga_walk_sass_pink:

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

I beg to differ. You can listen to OIDIA, Britney, ITZ, Blackout, Circus and Femme Fatale chornologically and they are all different records by herself. Britney has always reinvented herself. She went from the sweetest-blonde in the neighborhood image to a mature image onto a fully grown woman onto one of pops biggest. You cant compare the teen-pop sound of BOMT, to the more urban and mid-tempo environment of Britney, or hip-hop techno, house, dance magic in In The Zone to the avant-disco edm bliss that is Blackout. Each one of her record STANDS OUT. Ariana has been doing the same pop-rnb flavour for 5 freaking albums. Obviously people were going to get bored and let this album flop. 

Even when Britney was doing teen-pop, the sound differed. Her debut was pretty chill with (You Drive Me) Crazy being the only extreme fast dance song that you expect from teen-pop while the rest was a really chill R&B vibe that could be a bit soulful with the ballads, then the follow-up was a much more dance-able album with a bit of very mild rock influences, and then Britney (2001) was still that dance teen-pop sound with lots of attitude but with Britney embracing much more hip-hop influences and mature lyrics and sound in order for it to stand out from her previous one.

With Ariana's, her 5 album are all the pop-R&B genre with no big sound change between albums? Like if she wants to keep doing pop-R&B, then that's fine but make it sound different and know when you have to leave the genre alone. Britney had completely done teen-pop in her first 3 albums, there was nothing left she could do to make her next album not sound like a carbon copy of others without leaving the teen-pop genre behind, she fully embraced the hip-hop sound and blended it with new genres that she hadn't explored yet. Like how Britney did teen-pop for like 3 albums yet you know when a song is from which album if you were to just be a casual listener from the general public because the songs stand out. 

• Love 3
8 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

Kind of false since most albums by relevant singers cross over 150k :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

For someone as glorified these days, proclaimed as the princess of pop or main pop girl, as Ari...selling 98k WW arent numbers you expect of someone of that stature :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

Okay I was exaggerating with the 50k. Maybe 150k which is not easy fear. She should’ve collaborated with Max Martin I guess.

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

Even when Britney was doing teen-pop, the sound differed. Her debut was pretty chill with (You Drive Me) Crazy being the only extreme fast dance song that you expect from teen-pop while the rest was a really chill R&B vibe that could be a bit soulful with the ballads, then the follow-up was a much more dance-able album with a bit of very mild rock influences, and then Britney (2001) was still that dance teen-pop sound with lots of attitude but with Britney embracing much more hip-hop influences and mature lyrics and sound in order for it to stand out from her previous one.

With Ariana's, her 5 album are all the pop-R&B genre with no big sound change between albums? Like if she wants to keep doing pop-R&B, then that's fine but make it sound different and know when you have to leave the genre alone. Britney had completely done teen-pop in her first 3 albums, there was nothing left she could do to make her next album not sound like a carbon copy of others without leaving the teen-pop genre behind, she fully embraced the hip-hop sound and blended it with new genres that she hadn't explored yet. Like how Britney did teen-pop for like 3 albums yet you know when a song is from which album if you were to just be a casual listener from the general public because the songs stand out. 

Go off, luv! :meryl_streep_point_yas_yes_meme_proud: I agree to the core, because at one point even Britney became aware of her surroundings and the drastic changes in the music scenes. Even though she would style albums with genres that were commercial back then, she would still had her spin to it and make it feel like this innovation. Something Ariana could not do with this album. In this time, there is no commercial scene for 90s Rn’B Trap music. That too, we already heard this sound with Yours Truly and Sweetener. Why would we want another 4th album about it. And even if Britney still had 3 teen-pop albums, they all were crazily distinct from each other. You could not confuse Slave 4 U as a OIDIA track, or Where are you now as a Britney track, or What You See Is What You Get as a BOMT track, because they all have the same base but different plot. BOMT is more chill and 90s-teen pop. OIDIA Is more teen-pop dance. And Britney is more hip-hop, RnB, teen-pop. They all have their own essence. Whereas for Ariana, you could literally get all these tracks from Positions jumbled with Sweetener or Thank U, Next. That’s how stale the sound is for her.

• Love 1
  • Like 1
25 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

I kind of feel bad that this is how her peak started. She is the best singer of her generation and has angelic vocals and is already being compared to legends like Mariah. She just has so much potential. We saw her artistic-peak with TU,N, but she can go beyond that. Also, what if the complication flops :queenflopga_walk_sass_pink:

Also, periodt, old Ari is always the best Ari :queenflopga_walk_sass_pink:

Problem :queenflopga_walk_sass_pink:

Break free :queenflopga_walk_sass_pink:

One last time :queenflopga_walk_sass_pink:

Side to side :queenflopga_walk_sass_pink:

Dangerous woman :queenflopga_walk_sass_pink:

No tears left to cry :queenflopga_walk_sass_pink:

The true hits :queenflopga_walk_sass_pink:

For her compilation I would even include non singles, but my dream list would be in no particular order: The Way, Popular, Break Free, Problem, Focus, One Last Time, Love Me Harder, Bang Bang, Dangerous Woman, Be Alright, Side To Side, Into You, Greedy, The Light Is Coming, God Is a Woman, No Tears Left To Cry, 7 Rings, Break Up With Your Girlfriend, I’m Bored, Bloodline, Bad Idea, Dont Call Me Angel 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

For her compilation I would even include non singles, but my dream list would be in no particular order: The Way, Popular, Break Free, Problem, Focus, One Last Time, Love Me Harder, Bang Bang, Dangerous Woman, Be Alright, Side To Side, Into You, Greedy, The Light Is Coming, God Is a Woman, No Tears Left To Cry, 7 Rings, Break Up With Your Girlfriend, I’m Bored, Bloodline, Bad Idea, Dont Call Me Angel 

Ohhh yessss! It would have been amazing :yesplease_yas_agree_preach: Honestly, her next album should have songs like NTLTC, Be Alright, Breathin and Greedy, but I guess this gurl wanna head for Stale bread from the 90s- oop I meant 90s RnB-hip hop music :clown_meme__makeup_green:

Im quite surprised it’s staying #1 for a second week tho in the Billboard, probably because of lack of competition :mhmnod_yes_agree_nodding:

• Haha 1

Em4-PQ3XcAMuxnC?format=jpg&name=medium

Look how Britney was changing and reinventing herself through her career. Every album and era is totally different, like you see huge difference in her and her sound comparing Baby One More Time and Blackout. BRITNEY is totally different than BOMT and there's only 3 years of difference... etc. Every album and era have totally different vibe. THAT is one of the thing that makes her being a legend. Reinventing herself and still being iconic, fresh, great, relevant, having hits. And Ariana had some good transformations but not that big and not that good, it feels like she's doing the same thing over and over, at least since Sweetener so third year in a row. Sad. She doesn't deserve to be called ''princess of pop'' lmao, I thought she deserved it before but now I clearly see that she doesn't. Idk if there's hope for her seeing what she's doing right now 

• Love 5
12 hours ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Sis I'm deddddddd :gloria_falling_stairs_trip:

• Haha 3

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block