Ariana Grande's new album "Positions" To Fall to #4 In Its Third Week In The US Selling 65k units...

Blackout2006

2 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

Princess of pop? SMH, In her 6th album, she is already heading for lower debuts whereas Britney sold 505k in her first week in the US alone and was already shifting 400k units outside of the US, WITHOUT STREAMING, so Arianators can have several seats with their Princess of pop claims :begone_tiffany_miss_ny_new_york_ms_door_there_leave_bye_goodbye:

Can you imagine back in the days, we literally went to music store to buy an album. Like here in my country, a CD costs me around 50 bucks and still Godney managed to sell that many during her peak.

Now people only pay subscription on Spotify and Apple Music monthly for the price of starbucks coffee and still think their streamings are powerful. LOL no.. 

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, sutramaya said:

Can you imagine back in the days, we literally went to music store to buy an album. Like here in my country, a CD costs me around 50 bucks and still Godney managed to sell that many during her peak.

Now people only pay subscription on Spotify and Apple Music monthly for the price of starbucks coffee and still think their streamings are powerful. LOL no.. 

I swear man. Back then buying CDs was probably like a regular thing and selling over 500k units was no big deal but selling 200k+ was considered an underperformance. Lol crazy times...now these days people like me who still buy CDs and vinyls are seen as "collectors" so stuff has really changesd.

Yeaaaaa because people overhype streaming by a ton. Buying a copy is so much more impactful for the artist whereas artist like Ariana benefit from the streaming era, and it really goes to show how weak streaming sales are when Positions sells 98k copies WW but has the third biggest spotify debut WW....

Spoiler

Seeing yr name "sutramanaya", i would suppose yr an Indian right?

1 minute ago, Blackout2006 said:

I swear man. Back then buying CDs was probably like a regular thing and selling over 500k units was no big deal but selling 200k+ was considered an underperformance. Lol crazy times...now these days people like me who still buy CDs and vinyls are seen as "collectors" so stuff has really changesd.

Yeaaaaa because people overhype streaming by a ton. Buying a copy is so much more impactful for the artist whereas artist like Ariana benefit from the streaming era, and it really goes to show how weak streaming sales are when Positions sells 98k copies WW but has the third biggest spotify debut WW....

Hide contents

Seeing yr name "sutramanaya", i would suppose yr an Indian right?

Actually it's sutramaya haha. I'm not Indian. I'm Malay, from Malaysia hehehe

• Love 1
1 minute ago, bas che said:

Respectable numbers still. Other artists not named Taylor it Adele would be lucky to cross 50k. 

Kind of false since most albums by relevant singers cross over 150k :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

For someone as glorified these days, proclaimed as the princess of pop or main pop girl, as Ari...selling 98k WW arent numbers you expect of someone of that stature :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

• Love 1
  • Super Mods
1 hour ago, Blackout2006 said:

1 hour ago, Blackout2006 said:

I think top 5 :brityes_britney_yes_nodding:

NNNNNNNNNNNNNN I COMPLETELY BLOCKED THIS OUT FROM MY MEMORY :gloriascary_scared_shocked_shook_wow_surprised: I remember now, omg the flashbacks of Exhale when everyone realized Brenda Broccoli was 70% Myah :gloriascary_scared_shocked_shook_wow_surprised: The meltdowns when Perfume was picked as the 2nd single while everyone wanted Passenger or Alien :gloriascary_scared_shocked_shook_wow_surprised:The meltdowns when we heard it debuted at #5 :gloriascary_scared_shocked_shook_wow_surprised: The meltdowns when everyone realized there won't be a 3rd single :gloriascary_scared_shocked_shook_wow_surprised: The meltdowns when Work ***** didn't even crack top 10 and then skyrocketed out of top 100 :gloriascary_scared_shocked_shook_wow_surprised: The desert performance :gloriascary_scared_shocked_shook_wow_surprised:I spent 90% of that era randomly laughing and then crying the next second like was bipolar :gloria_falling_stairs_trip: 

Good times :saycheese_make_me_mm_hat_smile_peace_sign_grin_glory_britney:

• Haha 7
On 11/2/2020 at 9:00 AM, IForgotYouExisted said:

You know why Folklore is so good? Cause Taylor knew people were getting tired of pop Taylor.

She knew that and switched things around something Ariana doesn't understand. Ariana proved with this record she isn't versatile in her music and went for the 3rd record in a row, for the same style of music. That's why Positions isn't as strong as her previous albums. It isn't a standout nor is it a gamechanger while Folklore literally is a standout in Taylor's music repertoire.

Yes, but the problem with Ariana is that her (artistic) ego seems to have become bigger than herself, especially when she started dissing her previous work, mostly fan favorites. That's a bratty attitude for such a young artist. But she's managed by Scooter Braun, alongside Justin Bieber, who has the same attitude as an artist, so it doesn't surprise me really. I mean I truly love "Positions" as a whole album, I'm actually glad she did it the way it is, but in comparison to Taylor that's how I explain why Taylor stepped out of her own box and Ariana didn't (or Britney with "Glory"). I don't think Ariana feels she has anything to prove as an artist, she just released whatever she wanted simply because she can. And that's valid, and OK to me (especially if you're a fan), but not even Britney has done that yet with 20+ years of career on her back.

• Love 1
  • Super Mods
5 minutes ago, BabkaAutorka said:

Only interesting Taylor's era was Reputation, I really don't get why people are so obsessed with her, no shade but like can someone explain?  

She reinvents herself a lot :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm: It really keeps the interest on her. Her first two albums were country, the 3rd one was country-pop, then 1989 was very specific in its sound. Reputation was COMPLETELY different from 1989, and Lover was completely different from both of them. I am not her fan, infact, I find her persona wee bit bland, but I respect her a lot. She's an artist that always leaves her comfort zone and she's rewarded for it. I love people who can re-invent themselves and evolve inspite of the potential risk, it's honestly admirable. Ariana isn't doing any of that. She found her comfort zone and she stubbornly sticks to it. People who live like that are destined to a lifetime of mediocrity, regardless if they're a famous pop artist or an accountant - you simply end up stuck in the same place. 

• Love 3
  • Like 1
30 minutes ago, bitbitboi said:

I don't think Ariana feels she has anything to prove as an artist, she just released whatever she wanted simply because she can. And that's valid, and OK to me (especially if you're a fan), but not even Britney has done that yet with 20+ years of career on her back.

I beg to differ. You can listen to OIDIA, Britney, ITZ, Blackout, Circus and Femme Fatale chornologically and they are all different records by herself. Britney has always reinvented herself. She went from the sweetest-blonde in the neighborhood image to a mature image onto a fully grown woman onto one of pops biggest. You cant compare the teen-pop sound of BOMT, to the more urban and mid-tempo environment of Britney, or hip-hop techno, house, dance magic in In The Zone to the avant-disco edm bliss that is Blackout. Each one of her record STANDS OUT. Ariana has been doing the same pop-rnb flavour for 5 freaking albums. Obviously people were going to get bored and let this album flop. 

• Love 5

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block