Ariana Grande's new album "Positions" To Fall to #4 In Its Third Week In The US Selling 65k units...

Blackout2006

And 34+35 was a horrible single choice, it's so bad. It's probably gonna debut at #30/#31 on Billboard Hot 100. For everyone saying it's because she didn't release music video to this - remember that thank u, next debuted at #1 without it. She uploaded a selfie from music video to this and it seems... so boring and random AGAIN. At least her outfit.  :tiffsniffle_ny_miss_new_york_crying_sobbing_sad_tears: 

• Love 1
On 11/9/2020 at 12:20 AM, Korb said:

Britney hasn't really had any transitions or drastic changes in her image aside from the Britney era. Everything else has always been more of the samevixen look. Brit's been singing abou"slumber parties" her entire career and she's had a MUCH longer career than Ari:typing_keyboard_computer: 

You can ignore this post, but here’s what I have to say :typing_keyboard_computer:

Britney came onto the scene with two mega-monstrous eras we all know as BOMT and OIDIA era, where she was the girl-next-door image and her music was teen-pop based where she talks about love and heartbreak  :typing_keyboard_computer:

Then we saw her continue that same success when she started branching out and experimenting with more genres like electronica, rnb, house, electro and techno with Britney and ITZ discussing topics of how a girl owns herself and the challenges of maturity :typing_keyboard_computer:

Then we witnessed her release the most influential pop album since Ray Of Light with Blackout :typing_keyboard_computer:

And then we know what happens next :typing_keyboard_computer:

So in conclusion: :typing_keyboard_computer:

Baby One More Time- Teen-Pop

Oops...I did it again- Teen-pop dance

Britney- Rn’B, pop, electronica, tints of disco and hip hop

In The Zone- Hip Hop, RnB, House, Techno, trance, Asian influenced sounds

Blackout- EDM, Avant-disco, dance, electro-pop

Circus- Dance-pop

Femme Fatale- Synthpop 

Myah Marie Jean- .... :typing_keyboard_computer:

Glory- Tropical house, rnb 

Here’s Arianas case tho :typing_keyboard_computer:

Your Truly- 90s Rn’B, Hip-Hop

My Everything- Rn’B Infused Pop

Dangerous Woman- Pop, dance

Sweetener- Hip-Hop, Rn’B, trap

Thank U, Next- Pop infused-trap

Positions- 90s Rn’B Trap 

:typing_keyboard_computer:

1/3rd of her career is off Rn’B and Trap music and besides DW, where have we really seen her experiment? :typing_keyboard_computer: 

She deciding to AGAIN do another trap and rnb album was her demise :typing_keyboard_computer:

Britney with a few others pioneered Teen-pop, but when the music scene in 2001 shifted to a more urban mid-tempo music environment, did Britney still continue to make BOMT-OIDIA-Stronger like songs? No :typing_keyboard_computer:

Ariana TOO pioneered Trap-pop, but when the music scene in 2020 is more dance and disco-oriented and when everyone had experienced trap-Ari at her peak and highest selling albums, she still continued to do what Sweetener did :typing_keyboard_computer: 

So comparing Britney to Ariana in terms of artistry is blasphemy, because before Ariana sang about the songs with meaning, Britney did it first :typing_keyboard_computer:

• Love 6
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, BabkaAutorka said:

And 34+35 was a horrible single choice, it's so bad. It's probably gonna debut at #30/#31 on Billboard Hot 100. For everyone saying it's because she didn't release music video to this - remember that thank u, next debuted at #1 without it. She uploaded a selfie from music video to this and it seems... so boring and random AGAIN. At least her outfit.  :tiffsniffle_ny_miss_new_york_crying_sobbing_sad_tears: 

I know right!? What was her team thinking when they thought “Hey...34+35 would be an actual good single :imacoolmom_mean_girls_amy_poehler_pink:”. First of all, not is that only the worst song of the album, but it’s not radio-friendly at all because they can’t handle playing songs with such lyrics. The song is really just going to underperform and I can already sense it :sickofu_britney_blinking_umm_wtf_confused_annoyed:

18 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

I know right!? What was her team thinking when they thought “Hey...34+35 would be an actual good single :imacoolmom_mean_girls_amy_poehler_pink:”. First of all, not is that only the worst song of the album, but it’s not radio-friendly at all because they can’t handle playing songs with such lyrics. The song is really just going to underperform and I can already sense it :sickofu_britney_blinking_umm_wtf_confused_annoyed:

Simple, they think with all the streaming she's getting (or would get) she's doesn't need radio for this single, and that's something that doesn't look to be true right now, :enigma_alien_blue: and a part of their management, I feel are somewhat delusional (Bieber's as well) posing the artist as larger than life :katybelt_perry_witness_yelling_singing:and they haven't waken up to the fact Adele (albums) and Taylor may forever be miles ahead of everyone in GP, streams and radio demand. I won't say much until the second week sales come in, we should be able to see the future of Positions there.  

• Like 2

Even photoshoot to this album is so boring and random :miley_cyrus_stare_meme: I can't with this girl, DO SOMETHING CREATIVE!!! 

This album doesn't even have emotions, really, these songs seem so empty tbh. You can't really dance to this, you can't really cry to this, it's for sure her worst album like literally what the hell was she thinking releasing this tragedy? And she's saying it's her favorite :slowdown_down_cardib_b_cardi_um_fast_confused_what_stare: It's so sad to watch that famous and talented girl wasting all of that by doing something like that damn... ARIANA WAKE UP 

• Love 3
  • Haha 1
  • Like 1
20 hours ago, BabkaAutorka said:

It debuted at #8 on the BB Hot 100. That will definitely be its peak though. Music video might boost it but the song is not a Top 5 Hit.

I hope she releases Safety Net as the next single... best song idc idc 

• Love 1

Ariana could be bigger imo. Bigger than her thnk u next. Her vocals are amazing. Shes a cute girl. I just happen to listen to her DW album track step on up (edited in gimme more beat) and its awesome! with her beautiful voice, this Girl can create more dancey tunes and still be praised by her vocals. 

She can do EDM tho with few mature songs like love me harder. 

:typing_keyboard_computer:

• Love 2
On 11/12/2020 at 7:38 PM, BUWYGF said:

Tragic but just as I expected. That album is an atrocity. I'm glad people proved her she can't be lazy and half-*** an album filled with half-assed 1:30 demos and expect fame and money from it :deserves_kim_kardashian_smirk_pink: Next time, respect your fans and actually work on an album and you will see it sell well. Definitely didn't deserve that #1 spot either, I'm sure at #2 was an artist who actually worked their *** off just so some mediocre bs from Ariana could snatch it from them :byebitch_britney_wave_black_white_and_bw_sunglasses_bye_hi_walking_leaving:

Manic by Halsey was blocked from number one with 234K because of the Eminen's suprise drop, daddy.

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, IForgotYouExisted said:

Yet some have the audacity to call her the new princess of pop. These numbers are pretty bad for such a big artist.

Watch Miley Cyrus outsell Positions with Plastic Hearts...

Princess of pop? SMH, In her 6th album, she is already heading for lower debuts whereas Britney sold 505k in her first week in the US alone and was already shifting 400k units outside of the US, WITHOUT STREAMING, so Arianators can have several seats with their Princess of pop claims :begone_tiffany_miss_ny_new_york_ms_door_there_leave_bye_goodbye:

• Love 6

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block