Ariana Grande's new album "Positions" To Fall to #4 In Its Third Week In The US Selling 65k units...

Blackout2006

• Super Mods
4 hours ago, Korb said:

First of all, never said that a great voice is everything...
You sound like a straight up hater. Calling everything about her forgettable. Meanwhile her look and her voice are iconic and instantly recognizable in pop music at this point but alright, go off i guess.

Also, who cares how quickly people move on from a song? like damn I didn't say positions was a cultural reset, sis. Everybody in this day and age move on from everything super quickly. That's not Ari's problem ,it's a cultural reality for every artist.

So im replying because I see youre a huge stan, and I love that. I am a HUGE Ariana fan, but the thing is, this album is not the outcom of her releasing what she loves, its the result of her laziness. 

We understand its not a pop album, and most of pop fans actually ADORE rnb because these two genres go hand in hand. But Positions is not it. Its rnb, but a very bad rnb that most rnb fans literally hate. She half-assed it and it is evident in the whole album; the tracks are VERY short, they all sound alike, and the whole album simply sounds like an rnb playlist of early 2000s songs. 

Fans are angry because the album is a mere result of laziness of a star that runs the pop game atm. At one point, not even Taylor Swift could reach her. And while Taylor continues to deliver, Ariana does this. Her fans didnt deserve it, and even though you're a stan, it is fine to admit she made a mistake. We all do it; we all half-*** at work, and so does she. But if we're surrounded by "yes" people who wont point fingers at our mistake, we fail. And stans in Ariana's case are her "yes" people. If you dont point out the mistake Positions is, she wont know what shes doing wrong. More often than not, stans bring about the demise of their faves for this reason.

I love Ariana and her music to bits, but Positions was a huge letdown, and its our duty to let her know.

• Love 5
  • Like 1
6 hours ago, Stefani said:

182k now? The decline in estimates is giving me Witness teas. :katyfrog_perry_upset_um:

No,no,no,no you'r calling it to early, your calling too early :kellyfall_scream_ahh_falling_dead:

Hold it together, this was just a simple album flop, not the GP moving on! Time will tell in 7 days. Mean time, I wonder what's scooter gonna say if this as well as Bieber's next album (god forbid) bombs, they blamed Covid19 for Changes flop. 

On 11/7/2020 at 8:13 AM, Blackout2006 said:

Which was a decline compared to Born this way which 1 million in its first week and was the 2nd best selling album of 2011 selling over 12 million sales, and accumulated 3 hits, tons of awards, the ms9t digitally downloaded album in a week and one of the most recognizable albums of 2010s. Artflop who?

That million was a joke though. I bought the album on Amazon for .99 :orangu_orangutan_ape: that’s why they had to change charts so only sales above a certain amount count 

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, BUWYGF said:

So im replying because I see youre a huge stan, and I love that. I am a HUGE Ariana fan, but the thing is, this album is not the outcom of her releasing what she loves, its the result of her laziness. 

We understand its not a pop album, and most of pop fans actually ADORE rnb because these two genres go hand in hand. But Positions is not it. Its rnb, but a very bad rnb that most rnb fans literally hate. She half-assed it and it is evident in the whole album; the tracks are VERY short, they all sound alike, and the whole album simply sounds like an rnb playlist of early 2000s songs. 

Fans are angry because the album is a mere result of laziness of a star that runs the pop game atm. At one point, not even Taylor Swift could reach her. And while Taylor continues to deliver, Ariana does this. Her fans didnt deserve it, and even though you're a stan, it is fine to admit she made a mistake. We all do it; we all half-*** at work, and so does she. But if we're surrounded by "yes" people who wont point fingers at our mistake, we fail. And stans in Ariana's case are her "yes" people. If you dont point out the mistake Positions is, she wont know what shes doing wrong. More often than not, stans bring about the demise of their faves for this reason.

I love Ariana and her music to bits, but Positions was a huge letdown, and its our duty to let her know.

:meryl_streep_point_yas_yes_meme_proud:

• Love 1
35 minutes ago, Spicechinodiva said:

On Twitter. 

But she said her favorite album in 2017 was Christmas and Chill.

I'm gonna have to remind her. If you like this but hate the dangerous Woman album. I have news for you love. 

Jeez, she is so tasteless. She dislikes Touch it and Breathin but likes Positions. All because of the stans she has, she is not realizing how she is falling towards flopping standards. Selling 27k after such a monstrous debut is no joke, heck if Positions came out this week, it would have debuted at #3. She needs to check herself. Yet knowing her lack of taste, her team gave her all control on this album. And there r singers like Britney whom wish for their artistic control but limited by their labels....

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

Jeez, she is so tasteless. She dislikes Touch it and Breathin but likes her first work. All because of the stans she has, she is not realizing how she is falling towards flopping standards. Selling 27k after such a monstrous debut is no joke, heck if Positions came out this week, it would have debuted at #3. She needs to check herself. Yet knowing her lack of taste, her team gave her all control on this album. And there r singers like Britney whom wish for their artistic control but limited by their labels....

Plus someone said. She didn't let her fans miss her. 

And some say. Streaming did create this stupid rule that you always have to feed your fans. 

They are asking the labels to ignore daniel Ek's rules and force artist's to take a break and make instagram accounts label runned so the artist can literally disappear and live a little without the world knowing everything..

Some older music fans are saying. 

You might like them now, but overexposure is still real. 

This is why labels in the 80s and 90s. 

Always denied artists on hot soundtracks and other things. 

Case in point. Mariah carey. Every year a studio album. 

Glitter didn't bomb cos of 9/11. But the public had enough of her after every year in the 90s. A studio album came out. 

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, Spicechinodiva said:

Plus someone said. She didn't let her fans miss her. 

And some say. Streaming did create this stupid rule that you always have to feed your fans. 

They are asking the labels to ignore daniel Ek's rules and force artist's to take a break and make instagram accounts label runned so the artist can literally disappear and live a little without the world knowing everything..

Some older music fans are saying. 

You might like them now, but overexposure is still real. 

This is why labels in the 80s and 90s. 

Always denied artists on hot soundtracks and other things. 

Case in point. Mariah carey. Every year a studio album. 

Glitter didn't bomb cos of . But the public had enough of her after every year in the 90s. A studio album came out. 

And this is and will be always the truth. No matter how powerful streaming can possibly grow to be, overexposure will always be a thing. If a consumer is fed up of you being everywhere and continuously releasing music, they will leave you no matter what and this is what Ariana is mainly suffering with. Ariana was one of the biggest pop stars in the pop game for 2 years. This year welcomed so many different and unique records. Everyone changed their sound this year except Ariana who is still stuck with pop-trap. In the end she was her own downfall. Also yes, by the end of the 90s, Mariah was probably the most overexposed star by that time so her downfall was more evident.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Spicechinodiva said:

@Blackout2006 the only reason why positions is #1. A Christina Aguilera fan had the balls to tell the Truth.

It's #1 with so little sales but no competition. Sam smith was never a competition for her anyway. 

I screamed, cos I was like. Ain't that the truth. 

Exactly! Imagine if she released Positions this week, the album would have debuted at #3 below Kylie and Little Mix because she really got away with selling 27k, in the UK which is incredibly underwhelming. 

11 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

Exactly! Imagine if she released Positions this week, the album would have debuted at #3 below Kylie and Little Mix because she really got away with selling 27k, in the UK which is incredibly underwhelming. 

She's almost out of the US iTunes top ten..

People are Turned off not just her, but how vulgar and explicit the Music is.

She definitely Turned people off. 

We know she has a mouth. But she definitely went a direction that alienated people. 

They call it pooornography Music for nothing. She literally left nothing for the imagination, even the song titles are blatantly obvious. It Turned people off. 

You can be ****, but it's best if it's not so obvious or explicit in nature. 

• Like 3

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block