Ariana Grande's new album "Positions" To Fall to #4 In Its Third Week In The US Selling 65k units...

Blackout2006

2 hours ago, Живак said:

:imok_goo_ooze_yellow_slime_mess_blonde:

1 hour ago, 2K16NEY said:

Wow... this is not good for a star of her caliber. I hope she takes her time with the next album and doesn’t release 2 minute trap pop recycled garbage.

42 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

Ouch! It’s just declining and declining :eheeek_britney_unsure_ew_gross_um_awkward_embarrassed_cringe:

wow and everyone thought she would sell over 250k :weusay_tiffany_cackle_cackling_chuckle_giggle_lol_haha_hehe_laugh:

Again , we'll see what next week looks like, and with the streaming era we'll be able to tell a lot faster. 

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, Korb said:

The people in this thread acting like Ariana is over:gimmemoar_britney_hat_more_gimme_giggle_haha_hehe_lol_2007_vmas_lmao:

In a few weeks from now she'll be slaying yall and yall will be screaming "yasss queen".

My girl is a hard worker. She's got one of the best voices in music and she aint going nowhere.:lessons_preaching_telling_hand_smack:

In a few weeks? Gurl, Positions will be out of the top 20 in the next weeks if it’s already debuting with underwhelming numbers. 

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Korb said:

The people in this thread acting like Ariana is over:gimmemoar_britney_hat_more_gimme_giggle_haha_hehe_lol_2007_vmas_lmao:

In a few weeks from now she'll be slaying yall and yall will be screaming "yasss queen".

My girl is a hard worker. She's got one of the best voices in music and she aint going nowhere.:lessons_preaching_telling_hand_smack:

It's no longer a thing of "Artist puts out bad Album" fans still stay around like it was in the past, most of the time it's a sign of the artist statue (star power) declining, :nopingout_meme: perfect example "Katy Perry" Witness(2017) then Smiles (2020) and yes it happens to male artist's too. She/we have to figure out her demographic. Decrees in sales is natural in anyone's career but how big the gap is is what's telling most of the time post 2011. 

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

In a few weeks? Gurl, Positions will be out of the top 20 in the next weeks if it’s already debuting with underwhelming numbers. 

Still a number one record. Not everybody has that *mariah voice*

I just love Ari and I know she ain't going nowhere. This record is clearly not for the pop stans. That's OK. She can afford to dip her toe in this sound rn and come back later with an album full of top 10s the way Dangerous Woman was.

My point is, my girl is versatile and a streaming force.:peasants_taylor_swift_walking_away_bye_goodbye:

2 hours ago, Korb said:

Gurl great voice isn't everything for sure, there's a lot of people in the world that can sing even better than her and they aren't famous. In a few weeks everyone will totally forget that something like ''Positions'' existed, it's so forgettable like her all the time looking, being, singing the same. We will see what happens to her during #AG7 era but it's up to her I guess... hopefully she will surprise us in a good way but... it's hard to imagine it now tbh. I'm mad at her that she wastes her talent and fame for something so basic and boring. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Korb said:

Still a number one record. Not everybody has that *mariah voice*

I just love Ari and I know she ain't going nowhere. This record is clearly not for the pop stans. That's OK. She can afford to dip her toe in this sound rn and come back later with an album full of top 10s the way Dangerous Woman was.

My point is, my girl is versatile and a streaming force.:peasants_taylor_swift_walking_away_bye_goodbye:

Whaaa? So wait, how does it topping the chart signify anything? 
Most of the flop pop albums we know off today have debuted at #1, and free fall next week. This will basically be the future for Positions.

Sorry but we JUST can’t use the “pop” excuse anymore. Please, I am as big of a Rn’B fan as pop fan, I loved Sweetener and My Everything but was disappointed with this album. We can’t blame this albums underperformance for its genre. Everyone hated Sweetener, yet it still sold 238k in its first week and one of the highest selling albums of 2018. 

And no, I am a huge Ariana fan and I will admit, she hasn’t branched out to her  versatility and full potential. Her past 3 records are trap/hip-hop/rn’b, Whats “versatile” about that? What versatility we have seen? We have seen her do the same sound for 4 years and this albums underperformance is the consequence of it. 

Nah she ain’t gonna stay if she is going to pull out records like this, just being honest.

• Love 3
59 minutes ago, BabkaAutorka said:

Gurl great voice isn't everything for sure, there's a lot of people in the world that can sing even better than her and they aren't famous. In a few weeks everyone will totally forget that something like ''Positions'' existed, it's so forgettable like her all the time looking, being, singing the same. We will see what happens to her during #AG7 era but it's up to her I guess... hopefully she will surprise us in a good way but... it's hard to imagine it now tbh. I'm mad at her that she wastes her talent and fame for something so basic and boring. 

THANK YOU!

27 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

Whaaa? So wait, how does it topping the chart signify anything? 
Most of the flop pop albums we know off today have debuted at #1, and free fall next week. This will basically be the future for Positions.

Sorry but we JUST can’t use the “pop” excuse anymore. Please, I am as big of a Rn’B fan as pop fan, I loved Sweetener and My Everything but was disappointed with this album. We can’t blame this albums underperformance for its genre. Everyone hated Sweetener, yet it still sold 238k in its first week and one of the highest selling albums of 2018. 

And no, I am a huge Ariana fan and I will admit, she hasn’t branched out to her  versatility and full potential. Her past 3 records are trap/hip-hop/rn’b, Whats “versatile” about that? What versatility we have seen? We have seen her do the same sound for 4 years and this albums underperformance is the consequence of it. 

Nah she ain’t gonna stay if she is going to pull out records like this, just being honest.

I was talking about the single, which is a number 1 song. Look, I'm not going to get into a stan twitter argument with you. If you think Ariana Grande is falling off because she released ONE luke warm album, that's on you. She's a star with a huge following. She's not going anywhere.

2 minutes ago, Korb said:

I was talking about the single, which is a number 1 song. Look, I'm not going to get into a stan twitter argument with you. If you think Ariana Grande is falling off because she released ONE luke warm album, that's on you. She's a star with a huge following. She's not going anywhere.

Ohhhh, the song? I thought u were talking about the album! Oh well...

1 hour ago, BabkaAutorka said:

First of all, never said that a great voice is everything...
You sound like a straight up hater. Calling everything about her forgettable. Meanwhile her look and her voice are iconic and instantly recognizable in pop music at this point but alright, go off i guess.

Also, who cares how quickly people move on from a song? like damn I didn't say positions was a cultural reset, sis. Everybody in this day and age move on from everything super quickly. That's not Ari's problem ,it's a cultural reality for every artist.

18 minutes ago, Korb said:

You sound like a straight up hater. Calling everything about her forgettable. Meanwhile her look and her voice are iconic and instantly recognizable in pop music at this point but alright, go off i guess.

I'm just honest lmao... okay but how long can you do the same thing over and over? Is Britney having a snake on her neck 24/7? No, she did that only one time but it was iconic as hell. And her style of being, music, her look was changing through the years and it was still her but in different, amazing versions and that was the best. And Ariana? She is standing still after Sweetener. 

• Love 2
  • Like 1
22 minutes ago, BabkaAutorka said:

I'm just honest lmao... okay but how long can you do the same thing over and over? Is Britney having a snake on her neck 24/7? No, she did that only one time but it was iconic as hell. And her style of being, music, her look was changing through the years and it was still her but in different, amazing versions and that was the best. And Ariana? She is standing still after Sweetener. 

Britney hasn't really had any transitions or drastic changes in her image aside from the Britney era. Everything else has always been more of the same *** vixen look. Brit's been singing about threesomes ,phone***, and "slumber parties" her entire career and she's had a MUCH longer career than Ari:typing_keyboard_computer: 
Also excuse you,TUN was a bop of an album:queenflopga_pink_sass_walking_away_bye:

9 minutes ago, Korb said:

Britney hasn't really had any transitions or drastic changes in her image aside from the Britney era. Everything else has always been more of the same *** vixen look. Brit's been singing about threesomes ,phone***, and "slumber parties" her entire career and she's had a MUCH longer career than Ari:typing_keyboard_computer: 
Also excuse you,TUN was a bop of an album:queenflopga_pink_sass_walking_away_bye:

From Baby one more time through BRITNEY to Blackout, what about it? Big transformations and iconic as hell

• Love 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block