Ariana Grande's new album "Positions" To Fall to #4 In Its Third Week In The US Selling 65k units...

Blackout2006

8 hours ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Poor her. Meanwhile Dua is only getting more commercially successful :clicktina_xtina_christina_aguilera_mouse_computer:

That’s because she didn’t decide to go the same route that made her successful. She actually reinvented herself, worked on herself and IMPROVED and look where she is now. 3 hit songs in one era, a successful sophomore record, critical acclaim and everything to her favour. If only Ari could have left the pop-trap route :clicktina_xtina_christina_aguilera_mouse_computer:

Anyways, stream Physical :clicktina_xtina_christina_aguilera_mouse_computer:

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Bundy said:

Lol but she even used the election on the positions video. She knew everyone was talking about it so she did the video to have everyones attention even tho the song had nothing to do with an election lol 

Not only new pop girl's fans bc Beyonces fans also try to act as if she never flopped too. They pretend her album with jay z never happened and that the lion kings soundtrack was as big as the a star is born's soundtrack :tifflmao_lol_haha_hehe_miss_new_york_laugh_ms_tiffany_pollard_cackle:

WBK lol. She really thought having a elections-themed video would boost sales lol I can’t- :ricackle_rihanna_laugh_lol_haha_lmao_hehe:

Oof Bepomka fans...their on a whole another level lol. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, alexxxx said:

She sold 100+ bundles to get those numbers, and let’s not talk about those two week running signed CDs:deserves_kim_kardashian_smirk_pink:

True. I doubt she would sell over 800k with the clearly desperate bundles and promotion she put out. 

This is why I was pissed when her fans were like "sHe DoEsNt cArE aBoUt tHe ChArtS aNyMoRe"...yeah my foot :sofedup_fed_up_miss_ny_ms_new_york_done_tiffany_pollard_eye_roll_eyeroll_whatever:

• Love 1
On 11/6/2020 at 12:30 AM, Stefani said:

Only 195k? That's only slightly more than half of what TUN did first week. :riha_rihanna_cackle_laughing_lol_haha_hehe_lmao_hand: I was sort of joking before when I called this her ARTPOP era, but damn. :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

It's also amusing to me because y'all told me that ROM only went #1 because of Ari's starpower, but her new album is debuting with significantly less sales than Chromatica. :reductive_madonna_mdna_tea_coffee_cup_sips_sipping_drink_spill:

Lady Gaga is an album artist in pure sales, even Joanne pulled 201 000 PURE SALES.

• Like 1
On 11/6/2020 at 10:13 AM, Blackout2006 said:

Its so shocking. Those sales are so similar to even Witness numbers in its debut week. Her album sales did worser than other artist flop eras. I mean ARTPOP did anyways sell 245k in its first week, but its so shockING how this album got lower sales than Chromatica, the alnbum people thought Ariana made a hit. Now imagine how tragic its second week sales will be!? :embarrassney_embarrassed_shame_guilt_hide_britney_karaoke_head_shake_no_smh:

Artpop sold 258 000 pure sales in the US first week. And Artpop was 9th most sold album for 2013 WW with 2,3 million pure sales.

49 minutes ago, Живак said:

Artpop sold 258 000 pure sales in the US first week. And Artpop was 9th most sold album for 2013 WW with 2,3 million pure sales.

Which was a decline compared to Born this way which 1 million in its first week and was the 2nd best selling album of 2011 selling over 12 million sales, and accumulated 3 hits, tons of awards, the ms9t digitally downloaded album in a week and one of the most recognizable albums of 2010s. Artflop who?

• Like 1
18 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

Nah, COVID-19 is no more an excuse for a records underperformance when everyone though Taylor would sell just 200k-300k and still sold 800k copies in the US :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud: But yeah many records this year could have been bigger but Ari isn’t the exception since everyone over here says “ARI IS THE MAIN POP GURL WBK” :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

Well, Taylor is a more marketed product to sell than Ariana. With all the bundles and versatile likeable to commons content. In my opinion there's nothing that much great to sell so massively. I don't understand her popularity still, but anyway, different country (US) - different taste. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, blackguillemot said:

Well, Taylor is a more marketed product to sell than Ariana. With all the bundles and versatile likeable to commons content. In my opinion there's nothing that much great to sell so massively. I don't understand her popularity still, but anyway, different country (US) - different taste. 

True. Ariana didn’t sell bundles. Without bundles, Tay would have sold around 300k-400k

1 hour ago, Blackout2006 said:

True. Ariana didn’t sell bundles. Without bundles, Tay would have sold around 300k-400k

I don't with even that, It's a slow and too ***ual:fruit_fall_trip_ouch_dead: of an album, yarn :brityawning_britney_chaotic_sunglasses_tired:, most would want her fun cheeky side back. :meryl_streep_point_yas_yes_meme_proud:

She'll be okay just put a real album out in Nov 2021/early 2022 and everything will go back to normal. 

Just don't pull :badthoughts_gun_kris_genner_thinking_debating:a Justin Timberlake or Bruno Mars and take a life time. 

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, Benji Brown said:

I don't with even that, It's a slow and too l:fruit_fall_trip_ouch_dead: of an album, yarn :brityawning_britney_chaotic_sunglasses_tired:, most would want her fun cheeky side back. :meryl_streep_point_yas_yes_meme_proud:

She'll be okay just put a real album out in Nov 2021/early 2022 and everything will go back to normal. 

Just don't pull :badthoughts_gun_kris_genner_thinking_debating:a Justin Timberlake or Bruno Mars and take a life time. 

i was just BORED. Like gurl, we want something new! And honestly i only want her to come back in 2022/2023 because she needs time to find a new direction.

Did Ariana ever really sell much albums? Isn't she more a streaming artist to begin with?

But yeah I only listened to Positions and I find it boring and soooo typical Ariana. I didn't even listen to the album yet caude I am not interested in it by any chance...

People, including myself, need a break from her. She needs to re-invent herself. 

I like Ariana but I feel like she's being uncreative...

• Like 1
7 hours ago, IForgotYouExisted said:

Did Ariana ever really sell much albums? Isn't she more a streaming artist to begin with?

But yeah I only listened to Positions and I find it boring and soooo typical Ariana. I didn't even listen to the album yet caude I am not interested in it by any chance...

People, including myself, need a break from her. She needs to re-invent herself. 

I like Ariana but I feel like she's being uncreative...

Well the highest she went was 360k soooo

19 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

Which was a decline compared to Born this way which 1 million in its first week and was the 2nd best selling album of 2011 selling over 12 million sales, and accumulated 3 hits, tons of awards, the ms9t digitally downloaded album in a week and one of the most recognizable albums of 2010s. Artflop who?

Artpop is not everyone's cup of tea, the era was super messy, she split with her manager a week before the album release.

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block