Ariana Grande's new song "Positions" debuts at #1, becomes the first artist in Hot 100 history to earn three #1 debuts in a single calendar year

On 10/29/2020 at 4:39 PM, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Taylor Swift started off as a country artist and look where she’s at now. Shania Twain is a country artist and she’s a legend. Garth Brooks is a country artist and look at how many diamond albums he has. People view the genre as a joke, but it’s a massively popular genre. 

It is a very popular genre of music, especially for people in the southern states. But country music is mostly enjoyed by....how do i say, more simple minded folk. In psychology you learn that different types of music go hand in hand with certain types of people. 

Simple minded, southern, less "intelligent" folks are the ones that gravitate towards country music since the themes in the songs are basic/simple and talk about a simple life.

This isn't a stereotype, it's literal psychology. Music theory has been studied to death.
So that's why people see it as more of a "joke" even though its massively popular.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, A.a.A said:

It is a very popular genre of music, especially for people in the southern states. But country music is mostly enjoyed by....how do i say, more simple minded folk. In psychology you learn that different types of music go hand in hand with certain types of people. 

Simple minded, southern, less "intelligent" folks are the ones that gravitate towards country music since the themes in the songs are basic/simple and talk about a simple life.

This isn't a stereotype, it's literal psychology. Music theory has been studied to death.
So that's why people see it as more of a "joke" even though its massively popular.

Sounds like liberal pseudoscience, easily manipulated data used to push their typical anti-whites-in-flyover-states agenda like they always do.  What’s the smart music, hip-hop and pop?  Yea okay. 👌🏽 

3 minutes ago, PuertoRicosFinest said:

Sounds like liberal pseudoscience, easily manipulated data used to push their typical anti-whites-in-flyover-states agenda like they always do.  What’s the smart music, hip-hop and pop?  Yea okay. 👌🏽 

First part of the post: What? 

And to the second part... yes hip hop and pop music are actually much more complicated - structurally and musically.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, A.a.A said:

And let me guess the opposite gravitate towards “look at me I’m an aristocrat because I love The Beatles and think they’re the best musical act everrrrr” :sofedup_fed_up_miss_ny_ms_new_york_done_tiffany_pollard_eye_roll_eyeroll_whatever: ***** I listen to country music as well as plenty of other genres. Not you calling me simple minded :tina_judging_side_eye_glance_staring_looking_red:

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

And let me guess the opposite gravitate towards “look at me I’m an aristocrat because I love The Beatles and think they’re the best musical act everrrrr” :sofedup_fed_up_miss_ny_ms_new_york_done_tiffany_pollard_eye_roll_eyeroll_whatever: ***** I listen to country music as well as plenty of other genres. Not you calling me simple minded :tina_judging_side_eye_glance_staring_looking_red:

No one called you that?

Your whole post is a reeeeeaachh. The opposite of country isn't the Beatles..

It's about the content of the music and how its structured/produced/lyricised. Your taking it awfully personal; the fact I stated originally is just that, a fact. It's not a derogatory fact, it's just something that is true.

That's why people consider "jazz" music to be very complicated, because it is.

The range goes from Classical (the more advanced) -> Country (simple). Every other genre is in between.

• Like 1
14 hours ago, A.a.A said:

No one called you that?

Your whole post is a reeeeeaachh. The opposite of country isn't the Beatles..

It's about the content of the music and how its structured/produced/lyricised. Your taking it awfully personal; the fact I stated originally is just that, a fact. It's not a derogatory fact, it's just something that is true.

That's why people consider "jazz" music to be very complicated, because it is.

The range goes from Classical (the more advanced) -> Country (simple). Every other genre is in between.

screen-shot-2014-10-22-at-1-31-43-pm.png

https://consequenceofsound.net/2014/10/smart-people-listen-to-radiohead-and-dumb-people-listen-to-beyonce-according-to-new-study/

Smart people listen to Radiohead and dumb people listen to Beyoncé, according to study

• Haha 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block