Would you support freed Britney if she never performed her old hits again

Stannedforever

i would because im a massive britney fan.  but it would be odd if she cant perform Gimme More, Womanizer , till the world ends. i take it seeing as her cship started in 2008, she could still perform like Toxic, Slave, etc, hits pre 2008 ??

tbh it wouldnt be as bad for me as im a Britney stan and so if she could only sing songs from B10 then i would know every song anyway [it would be a short show though]. The problem is the people that are just general fans that dont buy her albums but see her just to say they've seen her. I have been to loads of concerts by artists like rihanna, madonna, katy perry etc who im not really interested in buying their albums but wanted to see them live. and they do 4 or 5 songs off their latest album but then do all their hits that general fans know. so the worry is if britney couldnt perform her biggest hits, would that cut her ticket sales.? Because i would say theres probably a lot of people like me with people ive stated like rihanna, madonna, katy perry, who would  go and see britney just to say theyve seen them but arent interested  in her new music. 

Does this make sense or am i weird seeing people i dont buy albums by? lol

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, jonloch1 said:

i would because im a massive britney fan.  but it would be odd if she cant perform Gimme More, Womanizer , till the world ends. i take it seeing as her cship started in 2008, she could still perform like Toxic, Slave, etc, hits pre 2008 ??

tbh it wouldnt be as bad for me as im a Britney stan and so if she could only sing songs from B10 then i would know every song anyway [it would be a short show though]. The problem is the people that are just general fans that dont buy her albums but see her just to say they've seen her. I have been to loads of concerts by artists like rihanna, madonna, katy perry etc who im not really interested in buying their albums but wanted to see them live. and they do 4 or 5 songs off their latest album but then do all their hits that general fans know. so the worry is if britney couldnt perform her biggest hits, would that cut her ticket sales.? Because i would say theres probably a lot of people like me with people ive stated like rihanna, madonna, katy perry, who would  go and see britney just to say theyve seen them but arent interested  in her new music. 

Does this make sense or am i weird seeing people i dont buy albums by? lol

:disappointed_thinking_oh_okay_glasses:So the whole thought crossed my mind only because she changed her label under conservatorship. I mean we don't really know who owns right to her music but it could be someone else than Britney or her label, and Britney could end up in a situation where she could not perform any of her old songs, not even those that were recorded pre-2008. Actually the worst case scenario would probably be that her label only owns right to BJ and Glory :idgi_dont_get_it_how_confused_what_hmm_umm_thinking:

:cheese_Britney_awkward_cringe_eek:I mean I'm probably panicking over nothing, since I highly doubt that her father/Tri-Star could have enough power/money to buy rights to her older catalogue, hence why this is just hypothetical situation. 

:barbie_hair_flip_hairflip_weave_proud_cocky:Also you're not weird at all, I would also go to see famous pop girls whose music I don't really know if they came touring near me 

I like more the album songs and especially the b-sides and demo songs. I don´t like her singles so much. They made her big and I see why but they need to refresh them, Slave for You for example. A lot of artists did it. I mean when you´re a fan from the beginning and listen to them constantly for over twenty years now. When the fan wants to have Toxic, Womanizer, Slave then she can put a medly into her show with that songs. Madonna just sings 4-6 old songs in her shows. I think there is no other way when you there for so long and have a lot of material. I wish Britney does more what she wants too, more songs like her demo ones (Rockstar,911, Strangest Love, etc. Just imagine she would perform Ouch live :airpls_gaga_wheeze_eyes_wide_breathe_lady_lmao_lol_haha_hehe_omg_surprised_shocked:.)

But whatever she chooses to do, for me she can just stand there and juggling I don´t care. I love her. I support everything that she wants to do and what her heart is into.

27 minutes ago, Stannedforever said:

:disappointed_thinking_oh_okay_glasses:So the whole thought crossed my mind only because she changed her label under conservatorship. I mean we don't really know who owns right to her music but it could be someone else than Britney or her label, and Britney could end up in a situation where she could not perform any of her old songs, not even those that were recorded pre-2008. Actually the worst case scenario would probably be that her label only owns right to BJ and Glory :idgi_dont_get_it_how_confused_what_hmm_umm_thinking:

:cheese_Britney_awkward_cringe_eek:I mean I'm probably panicking over nothing, since I highly doubt that her father/Tri-Star could have enough power/money to buy rights to her older catalogue, hence why this is just hypothetical situation. 

:barbie_hair_flip_hairflip_weave_proud_cocky:Also you're not weird at all, I would also go to see famous pop girls whose music I don't really know if they came touring near me 

A lot of artists have this problem. They buy the rights back. When Brit has her 600 million back, she has enough money for that.:mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

1 hour ago, Stannedforever said:

Oh I dunno.  But like Cinderella85 has said, she will probably buy the rights back. Ì would have thought as well and maybe I'm wrong, the record label owns the songs so it's nothing to do with the cship. 

5 hours ago, Stannedforever said:

:badgirl_britney_flirt_sexy_pom_piece_of_me_lips:Hypothetical situation: Britney Spears is freed from her conservatorship but for either contractual or personal reasons, she wouldn't perform her old music anymore (this has happened few times in the past with some artists, most recently with Taylor Swift)

:britstare11_britney_ftr_for_the_record_annoyed_tired_irritated_sigh: Would you still go to her concerts if she never performed her biggest hits like BOMT, Toxic, Slave4u etc. But instead the track list would be whole album (imagine glory world tour) with some covers here and there.

Absolutely. In fact I would love it if she didn’t perform her old hits...The usually take the spot of newer songs. I would love a full Glory tour.

What kind of question is this? Yes, I support #freebritney Because I am not a monster who is against human rights, women’s rights, civil liberties etc. 
I don’t even think the songs written for her were good, I think SHE is incredible, not Max Martin and the other songwriters.

*For example, I think ”Everytime” that SHE wrote is a genius pop ballad. So Much better than Max Martin’s songwriting.

I think the covers She made prior to her big breakthrough made her much more justice.

She can do whatever she wants, but I would be more interested in listen to New music that she experimented with as a songwriter in other genres. She has already done What she has and she ruled it, but I would like to see What she would create with total free hands and No need for it to be current, Dance Music, etc.

I prefer her to perform new tracks tbh.. there are a lot non-singles that I wish she performed.. There are hundred of variations of toxic an bomt..

I think fans would love new material but I don’t know about non fans cause they don’t know britneys discography and for them it might be challenging to attend Britneys concert without baby, toxic, oops etc..

for me ideal concept is is “all new album tracks + some old stuf” : )

Of course I would support it! I love seeing her perform, and I love most of the music she puts out.

However, it would be a bad business decision and would probably irreparably harm her touring power after the GP see she isn’t performing her ‘BRITNEY’ hits and would quickly lose interest.

Instead, I’d think it would be great to give her a lot more control over her live shows.

I can definitely imagine a time when she’s a lot more like Madonna, she could walk around the stage with theatrics in the background or have choirs, orchestra’s or bands playing while she holds a mic and sings her main hits like BOMT, OIDIA, Stronger, Lucky, Overprotected in a stand alone 15-20 minute session in the show using a slightly deeper register (Easier for her night after night) or even providing her vocals similar to her Carpool Karaoke stuff. She could then move up to keeping a few of her older hits in an upbeat section like Circus, MATM, Gimme More and Womanizer.

I wouldn’t blame her if she retired 3 completely and I don’t think anyone would miss it.

The rest of the show could be for her newer stuff, stuff from Glory, Slowed down versions of Lucky and Don’t Let Me be the Last to Know.

That would be a great direction for her. 2 sections of dance, upbeat songs with great choreography and 3 sections of sit down acoustic versions, Theatrical/orchestral moments and standard versions of songs with just her and a mic.

Providing everyone with the Dancing Britney we know and love, with more of her influence and control present and introducing the masses to what she loved to do first, singing with a mic and putting in her all

Archived