Rihanna apologizes after receiving backlash for appropriating Islam at Fenty fashion shows

4 minutes ago, Britneyarmy8 said:

hey guysss i rlly want to normalize christianity in places that arent so used to it so let me go f uck some dude and have a sermon reciting bible verses going on in the background

ill totalllyyyy give it a platform :kellyfall_scream_ahh_falling_dead:

some of yall are so braindead its so funny

must be the poppers

You are a Homophobic, ****** and narrow minded person, just because some people danced to the beat of the Quran doesn't mean it's disrespectful towards your religion, BTW it's 2020 gays and women can dress with minimal clothes and it doesn't mean they are demons and witches, go back to the stone age if you can't accept reality in the 21th century, the world has moved on, and we are brain dead..... Right... :typing_keyboard_computer:

• Love 3
46 minutes ago, Britneyarmy8 said:

No one asked for this thesis paper trying to convince me

btw are u not seeing the issue here? First off half these videos u showed here are not nearly as bad as what rihanna did 

she literally took holy Islamic writings remixed it and made nude models dance to it, that Madonna vid with the orange shirt incorporates a traditional singer and its not even that bad

also Islam is the second Biggedt religion unlike ancient Egyptian culture which is dead now 

and Madonna has gotten crap her entire career for her defamation so I don’t get ur point here?

You sound as if you’re suffering from something right now. Relax dude. :akii_kylie_jenner_makeup_brush_lol_laugh_haha_hehe_lmao:

What do you expect from a pop forum? 

• Haha 2
  • Content Curators
1 minute ago, ExXL said:

You are a Homophobic, ****** and narrow minded person, just because some people danced to the beat of the Quran doesn't mean it's disrespectful towards your religion, BTW it's 2020 gays and women can dress with minimal clothes and it doesn't mean they are demons and witches, go back to the stone age if you can't accept reality in the 21th century, the world has moved on, and we are brain dead..... Right... :typing_keyboard_computer:

hey guys im bisexual and and homophobic!, plsss ur so dumb its hilarious first off im not muslim,  i literally advocated and won actually for extensive dress codes for girls in my school to be taken down, and they were, why because most of them are actually ******! u know whats blatant disrespect, using someones religious writings, remixing it, and having their nearly nude models strut around in it, what is the point of that? and im calling u brain dead bc u think thats giving it a platform, if she wants to give islam a platform, she can go advocate for the thousands of muslims being killed in china right now. 

gay millenials like u go around screaming yass queen at everything and think being a mean regina george is a personality trait, its not 

its funny actually

• Love 6
  • Content Curators
1 minute ago, King Sleezy Style said:

You sound as if you’re suffering from something right now. Relax dude. :akii_kylie_jenner_makeup_brush_lol_laugh_haha_hehe_lmao:

What do you expect from a pop forum? 

nothing actually its just sad seeing the lgbt community (which most of u are) making fun and not caring about something that happened to another group of people, if rihanna went out right now and mocked gay people in the most disrespectful way, yall would jump at her throats

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Britneyarmy8 said:

hey guys im bisexual and and homophobic!, plsss ur so dumb its hilarious first off im not muslim,  i literally advocated and won actually for extensive dress codes for girls in my school to be taken down, and they were, why because most of them are actually ******! u know whats blatant disrespect, using someones religious writings, remixing it, and having their nearly nude models strut around in it, what is the point of that? and im calling u brain dead bc u think thats giving it a platform, if she wants to give islam a platform, she can go advocate for the thousands of muslims being killed in china right now. 

gay millenials like u go around screaming yass queen at everything and think being a mean regina george is a personality trait, its not 

its funny actually

Wow, that was a quick personality diagnosis. Well done now you've earned another award - being no.1 condescending person on a pop forum, go place it on your shelf. 

• Like 1
54 minutes ago, Britneyarmy8 said:

No one asked for this thesis paper trying to convince me

btw are u not seeing the issue here? First off half these videos u showed here are not nearly as bad as what rihanna did 

she literally took holy Islamic writings remixed it and made nude models dance to it, that Madonna vid with the orange shirt incorporates a traditional singer and its not even that bad

also Islam is the second Biggedt religion unlike ancient Egyptian culture which is dead now 

and Madonna has gotten crap her entire career for her defamation so I don’t get ur point here?

My response was to you, Spicechinodiva (that's why I tagged you two) and others as well. A thread was made, and I'm totally entitled to offer a response.

You wanna see something worse? Watch (s)AINT by Marilyn Manson... (****, adults only—age-restricted on YouTube)

In this video, Marilyn uses a bible to do lines of ****, shoots *****, and there is full-frontal nudity, bare breasts, lovemaking, mas*******n, etc. One could argue this video is just as offensive as that fashion show. My point remains that no matter how offensive one may find use of religion or spirituality in a piece of art, artists should have that freedom.

Head over to YouTube, and you'll find loads of blasphemous metal tracks. And once again, I do not believe Rihanna and her team meant any offence.

My advice for those offended is to just ignore it. Censorship is gonna kill art at that pace—Heaven forbid! (No pun intended!)

@A.a.A This reminds me of that moment when there was a poll to ban the term "Godney" from this forum... The term was even banned for a short while if I recall correctly...

• Love 3
  • Like 3
2 minutes ago, Arckangel said:

My point remains that no matter how offensive one may find use of religion or spirituality in a piece of art, artists should have that freedom.

Rememeber people were pissed at Madonna for using religion images for Like a Prayer.

People will always object when religion is the matter eitehr if being used in a song , a video or movie.

• Love 1
  • Like 1
13 minutes ago, xzede25 said:

Rememeber people were pissed at Madonna for using religion images for Like a Prayer.

People will always object when religion is the matter eitehr if being used in a song , a video or movie.

True, but the problem is that some people are seeking full bans or public apologies from the artists.

Speaking of cultural appropriation, a young girl was once shamed online for wearing a kimono at her prom. I mean, a 16 year-old girl shamed, bullied online over her prom dress! Who does that?! Oh... Keyboard warriors on Twitter.

Madonna used kimonos several times, so did Gwen Stefani and other acts. I guess they also committed cultural appropriation. I understand the concept of cultural appropriation. Some companies made millions from elements of certain impoverished cultures. I get it, and it'd be fair to offer due compensations to said cultures. It's just going too far now.

• Love 1
  • Like 2

The Hadith used in the background is detailing the end of times... Her ex’s were Arab. She knows what’s up. 
just another sign of her alliance with the devil.

Oh and to the exhaler’s bashing the religion I follow... I wish you happiness. I’ve never done that with Christianity or Judaism. Yall messed up. I suggest y’all bend over for some guy and feel all better again :)

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Britneyarmy8 said:

hey guysss i rlly want to normalize christianity in places that arent so used to it so let me go f uck some dude and have a sermon reciting bible verses going on in the background

ill totalllyyyy give it a platform :kellyfall_scream_ahh_falling_dead:

some of yall are so braindead its so funny

must be the poppers

You are too late:

Btw, women in lingerie aren't naked/nude and shouldn't be seen on the same level like "*** in front of public" - that's my core problem I have with utterly religious people. 

• Like 2
  • Content Curators
2 minutes ago, Mainshow said:

You are too late:

Btw, women in lingerie aren't naked/nude and shouldn't be seen on the same level like "*** in front of public" - that's my core problem I have with utterly religious people. 

I don’t even follow this religion lol

im like mildly hindu

a religion with barely any restrictions 

it’s not even that much concern about the clothes

irs about what she did 

10 hours ago, A.a.A said:

It's the year 2020. Are we really still talking about Religion?! Literally an ancient concept that we got over years ago.. No one cares about this stuff anymore. This is old world way of thinking. We don't have to get offended over fictional literary characters anymore.

And you are entitled to your own opinion, do you know how many muslims are there or are you just an ignorant person who wants religion to just disappear like its nothing?

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block