Rihanna apologizes after receiving backlash for appropriating Islam at Fenty fashion shows

• Leader

Rihanna is under fire for appropriating Islam. 

At her most recent Fenty fashion shows, Rih used a remix containing narration of a Ḥadīth. 

Ḥadīth refers to what Muslims believe to be a record of the words, actions, and the silent approval of the Islamic prophet Muhammad.

She also had models wearing scarfs around their head which some interpret as a take on a hijab.

Update: Rihanna has since apologized.

Thoughts, Exhale?

EjpXkwdWkAEMygE?format=jpg&name=medium

hijab.jpg.94aead5305d28c53fb31762130d6958d.jpg

Related:

Hmm I would have no problem if this would be used in an act of protest for social rights fight, but being used in a performance that its ultimate objective is pure business makes it feels like this is just not correct. :ohdear_britney_glory_dear,_fingers_hand_face_orange_hide_uh_oh:

Altough I might not agree with many of the ideas of gender inequality proposed at Islam, it is also true that this is the faith of millions of people who are statistically in disadvantage, so this material should be treated with respect. :beynah_beyonce_talking_telling_preaching:

• Love 7
  • Content Curators

I hope I can give her the benefit of doubt and say that she just didn’t know and someone else picked the song and she didn’t realize what it was 

Either way she should still apologize

imagine all the fans of her that are Muslim seeing this 

if Britney degraded Hinduism like this (which she wouldn’t) I would be upset too  

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, Britneyarmy8 said:

Why on earth would u remix holy Islamic writings and then make nearly naked girls dance to it 

that’s like someone remixing verses said by Jesus and dancing nearly nude to it

now how is that correct by any means 

C'mon, Beyoncè can sing the Ave Maria almost naked  and no one has said a single world :rupaulslap_hit_mad:Thank god we are smarter than this :lessons_preaching_telling_hand_smack:

2009+BET+Awards+Show+EHy33esaa8rx.jpg

Edited by OnlyBeyonce
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2
  • Like 6

I'm not a Muslim so I'm not personally offended, but this is still really sketchy. Even if you believe that it was an accident, it just shows how little research goes into producing music these days. This whole thing will blow over fast though because most people are just indifferent about religion, and because it involves Rihanna.

• Love 3
34 minutes ago, Britneyarmy8 said:

Why on earth would u remix holy Islamic writings and then make nearly naked girls dance to it 

Watch The beast within interlude from The Girlie show By Madonna. 

She did an official Remix of Justify my love Reading from One part of the bible she was highly criticized at the time for the remix. I believe they said it's from the book of revelations. 

Well she did a dancer interlude and let's say the men was dressed in military garb simulating a gay ****. 

• Like 4
  • Content Curators
42 minutes ago, Spicechinodiva said:

Watch The beast within interlude from The Girlie show By Madonna. 

She did an official Remix of Justify my love Reading from One part of the bible she was highly criticized at the time for the remix. I believe they said it's from the book of revelations. 

Well she did a dancer interlude and let's say the men was dressed in military garb simulating a gay ****. 

Ya well that isn’t right either tbh 

• Content Curators
1 hour ago, OnlyBeyonce said:

C'mon, Beyoncè can sing the Ave Maria almost naked  and no one has said a single world :rupaulslap_hit_mad:Thank god we are smarter than this :lessons_preaching_telling_hand_smack:

2009+BET+Awards+Show+EHy33esaa8rx.jpg

Pls that is not nearly as bad as what they did in the fenty show 

plus she’s actually singing the song respectfully and using it in correct context?!

not using Islamic writings remixing it and then asking models to strut around in nearly naked to it

they should’ve picked gimme more instead :goat_monster_devil_dance_dancing_makeup_brush:

• Love 3

I don't think it's a woke crown I've noticed younger Millennials and the current generation Z views as everything sacred and should be respected as it's part of cultures.

The last 20 years has definitely changed, I don't know if it's good or bad. 

But you can definitely tell the younger kids are more respectful than previous generations who viewed everything as pop culture and is therefore fairgrounds to poke fun at. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Britneyarmy8 said:

Because it’s a free country and nobody had a problem with Madonna desecrating the catholic faith her entire career or lady Gaga putting a rosary in her mouth while wearing a nuns uniform with an upside down cross.  But of course Islam the religion of peace makes everyone **** their pants in fear, so let’s not offend one of the largest religions in the world.

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, Spicechinodiva said:

I don't think it's a woke crown I've noticed younger Millennials and the current generation Z views as everything sacred and should be respected as it's part of cultures.

The last 20 years has definitely changed, I don't know if it's good or bad. 

But you can definitely tell the younger kids are more respectful than previous generations who viewed everything as pop culture and is therefore fairgrounds to poke fun at. 

based on my scientific researches only the 1% of Gen Zumba toddlers can survive in the wild without their Twitter account. 

paris-hilton-art-of-war-4.jpg

• Love 1
  • Haha 6
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, PuertoRicosFinest said:

Because it’s a free country and nobody had a problem with Madonna desecrating the catholic faith her entire career or lady Gaga putting a rosary in her mouth while wearing a nuns uniform with an upside down cross.  But of course Islam the religion of peace makes everyone **** their pants in fear, so let’s not offend one of the largest religions in the world.

yas kweeeeeeeeeeen spill that hot tea gurl 

TAb93pCP8M8g7-UE3UhyxA2c-W8o57iftD4EyhPh

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block