Rihanna apologizes after receiving backlash for appropriating Islam at Fenty fashion shows

• Super Mods
15 hours ago, OnlyBeyonce said:

C'mon, Beyoncè can sing the Ave Maria almost naked  and no one has said a single world :rupaulslap_hit_mad:Thank god we are smarter than this :lessons_preaching_telling_hand_smack:

2009+BET+Awards+Show+EHy33esaa8rx.jpg

See, the big part in all this, that people fail to see, is that Beyonce is a Christian, singing to Christian songs. Appropriation is based on the grounds that you're taking away what's someone elses for your own benefit. If Rihanna was a muslim, than the international community wouldn't even bother. Muslims would probably still attack her, but everyone would leave it to them to deal with it inside the scope of their religion. 

Rihanna is a Christian who is using very important Islamic scripts for the promotion of capitalistic products (which btw, Islam is very much against). I personally think it's wrong. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1
27 minutes ago, BUWYGF said:

Actually, all the religions hate gays :gloria_falling_stairs_trip: Both Bible and Qur'an preach gays are going to hell and should be killed for their "crimes" :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm: Down with religion if you ask me

Oh I completely agree! Both trash.

Why should we care if anyone disrespects religions when they disrespect and condemn us every single day? 

Just disgusting, horrible things haven been done and said in the name of “religion”. Even nowadays. 

• Love 5
42 minutes ago, BabyBabyBay said:

Why is everyone mad at Rihanna though? What about the person who made the song??

If I heard that track, I wouldn't have known it had Islamic verses??

But again, here we are wanting to cancel people because they don't know every single thing in the world

Just kill the internet already :blast_explosion_skeleton_skull_fire_flames_boom:

A lot of people fail to see that it was her executive producer that made the song, she's even demanding it to be removed, five years after making it and releasing it. 

Nobody knew it existed for five years til this show. 

• Love 1
  • Content Curators
4 hours ago, Britneylandia said:

Oh I completely agree! Both trash.

Why should we care if anyone disrespects religions when they disrespect and condemn us every single day? 

Just disgusting, horrible things haven been done and said in the name of “religion”. Even nowadays. 

U can go tell that to the thousands of Muslims in concentration camps in China rn, where women are getting *****, children are being slaughtered and people are being either being tortured ***** trafficked or killed

all that is happening as we speak 

so u can go tell them that u don’t care for them 

• Love 1
  • Like 4

How despicable. Why? this so offensive , i don't even have words to explain how incredibly offensive and blasphemous is this and im not even remotely a religious muslim.

One of the biggest wrongs is to manipulate holy sayings and playing with them. And this is the issue Islam as a religion has been facing since it was introduced....people basically interpreting words and twisting them to their own agenda. I just can't express my disappointment in this woman. Just dirty and despicable.  Im a MASSIVE fan too. :decisions_britney_thinking_confused_focusing_unsure_xfactor_bw_black_white:

• Haha 1

Firstly, headscarfs aren't necessarily strictly a muslim thing, they are found in many religions, but are also just a garment. This may be a slightly problematic opinion, but what is the disrespect? She played a remix at a fashion show but its a lingerie fashion show? 

Secondly, this feels a bit forced because I've yet to ACTUALLY see anyone make this criticism. The show was being praised all over for how inclusive it was. It almost reminds me of how certain top designer brands would be b-list celebrities other designer brands in an attempt to tarnish them and take them down. I'm not saying it IS that, but seeing as this show is literally being compared to Victoria Secret, I wouldn't be surprised if this is some kind of weird campaign.

• Love 1
30 minutes ago, Britneyarmy8 said:

U can go tell that to the thousands of Muslims in concentration camps in China rn, where women are getting *****, children are being slaughtered and people are being either being tortured ***** trafficked or killed

all that is happening as we speak 

so u can go tell them that u don’t care for them 

THANK YOU. People don't understand that Muslims have been getting killed and targeted way before 9/11 even occurred. Upon the fact that Sharia law and countless of popular misconception about the religion itself have been infected and twisted. 

Sad situation all around tbh. I don't even like to discuss this  usually.

• Love 4
11 hours ago, Lawxie said:

And you are entitled to your own opinion, do you know how many muslims are there or are you just an ignorant person who wants religion to just disappear like its nothing?

It doesn't matter how many people there are, doesn't change the fact that it's a story created back when humans needed something to believe in. Now we are much smarter as a species and realize that religious beliefs have only caused suffering and pain on a worldwide scale. It's a personal thing people need to live their lives, nothing else.

It's not really a belief more of a "cult". So really it is "nothing". Everything means nothing until you put meaning behind it. They are just words written a long time ago, by people who don't exist anymore.. That's all. I'm not denying these people of anything, I'm just stating the fact of the matter.

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block