Rihanna apologizes after receiving backlash for appropriating Islam at Fenty fashion shows

9 hours ago, BUWYGF said:

See, the big part in all this, that people fail to see, is that Beyonce is a Christian, singing to Christian songs. Appropriation is based on the grounds that you're taking away what's someone elses for your own benefit. If Rihanna was a muslim, than the international community wouldn't even bother. Muslims would probably still attack her, but everyone would leave it to them to deal with it inside the scope of their religion. 

Rihanna is a Christian who is using very important Islamic scripts for the promotion of capitalistic products (which btw, Islam is very much against). I personally think it's wrong. 

Beyonce is a Christian? OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOK.

Not going to say anything else.

• Haha 2
23 hours ago, A.a.A said:

It's the year 2020. Are we really still talking about Religion?! Literally an ancient concept that we got over years ago.. No one cares about this stuff anymore. This is old world way of thinking. We don't have to get offended over fictional literary characters anymore.

Actually, you got the point. It's 2020 and we still discussing religion but we don't spend any real time discussing about equality. We still talking about the first cause of ignorance and conflicts since the beginning of times.

• Love 2
  • Like 2
23 hours ago, A.a.A said:

It's the year 2020. Are we really still talking about Religion?! Literally an ancient concept that we got over years ago.. No one cares about this stuff anymore. This is old world way of thinking. We don't have to get offended over fictional literary characters anymore.

Are you serious? :orangu_orangutan_ape:

With all respect but your comment makes you look like a complete ingnorant.

• Love 1
  • Like 1
On 10/5/2020 at 10:57 AM, A.a.A said:

No one cares about this stuff anymore.

Are you being facetious? There are around 2.4 billion Christians and about 1.9 billion Muslims, not to mention 1.2 billion Hindus and various other religious groups around the world that make up a large part of the population.

The fact that y'all would be up in arms if someone insulted gays yet y'all think bashing religion is fair game. Whew child. :spit_lmao_spitting_spraying_lol_hehe_haha_laugh_jlaw_jennifer_lawrence:

• Love 1

I'm a Muslim and this is disrespectful. Even if you (who aren't Muslim) think its not disrespectful, i will tell you that it actually IS. Just because you don't understand how Hadith is important to us and how we respect it, doesn't mean that you can disrespect it and make fun of it.

i mean no disrespect, but here's an example. I am not a black person. I never understood why it is an offend to say the N word when you are not one. I honestly dont. I apologize if saying this to show an example is also wrong. BUT, eventhough i don't understand, i respect that and i know i should never use it.

same goes to this situation. Those who aren't Muslim may not be able to understand why we felt offended, but that does not give you the right to use it. 

that is all. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1
23 hours ago, Spicechinodiva said:

"Unattractive" then how come I always questioned my sexuality when it came to just images of her. 

EVERYONE I GUESS HAS DIFFERENT TASTE I GUESS  TO ME JLO THATS A ******* STUNNING WOMAN SHES SO HOT HER BODY FACE BONE STRUTURE THAT BEAUTIFUL NOSE JAWLINE SKIN WHEN I MET HER THE FIRST TIME SHE HINESTLY GLOWS HER FACE IS SO PERFECT AND I NEVER UNDERSTOOD IT EVERYONE TALKS ABOUT JLO BEAUTY BUT WHEN I FIRST LAID MY EYES ON HER I WAS SHOCKED OMG I CANT EXPLAIN HOW PRETTY SHE WAS THOSE FEATURES THAT SKIN 🤩🤩🤩🤩 AND SHE WAS SO NICE DOWN TO EARTH VERY SHORT THO BIG BOOOOTY LOL REAL BOOTY 😂😂

Lame... With the amount of awareness today, and such a huge team of thinking heads that she has. I honestly think they intently chose to use that music and those words and those clothes, and she has to approve the final product anyway; she can apologize afterwards as much as you all want, but she still got it all filmed and streamed. She got away with it. But she's Rihanna so she will soon be forgotten. That's why she did it.

It’s got to be exhausting being the type of snowflake that gets offended by this stuff. If you’re secure in yourself, your religion, your culture etc why do you care? It should take nothing away from it. People need to ball tf up. People are dying Kim. But sure, cry to anyone that will listen that Rihanna used religion in her fashion show lol. But I’m a man of science, religion is all silly fiction to me anyway. 

• Like 3
6 hours ago, uzer26 said:

I'm a Muslim and this is disrespectful. Even if you (who aren't Muslim) think its not disrespectful, i will tell you that it actually IS. Just because you don't understand how Hadith is important to us and how we respect it, doesn't mean that you can disrespect it and make fun of it.

i mean no disrespect, but here's an example. I am not a black person. I never understood why it is an offend to say the N word when you are not one. I honestly dont. I apologize if saying this to show an example is also wrong. BUT, eventhough i don't understand, i respect that and i know i should never use it.

same goes to this situation. Those who aren't Muslim may not be able to understand why we felt offended, but that does not give you the right to use it. 

that is all. 

If you’re secure in your religion and truly believe, why does this stuff take away from that for you? Surely if you’re all in on it, a Rihanna fashion show doesn’t affect it? Genuinely asking. VERY basic comparison I know, but people mock Britney relentlessly and it takes nothing away from the enjoyment I take in her music. Why do other people’s actions that have no direct consequence or impact on you make you upset or offended?

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block