Britney Spears' conservatorship status remains unchanged after today's hearing, judge extends it through February 2021

Message added by Jordan Miller

Please keep all of today's conservatorship hearing posts in this topic 🙏 

i'm not surprised if she didn't attend, if she's actually gave instructions to Ingham they probably decided between them it's not needed for her attend. 

I'm sure she'd rather not hear her father and his lawyers bash her saying why she needs a conservatorship - she was probably content with whatever her and Ingham discussed beforehand. 

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, Slayer said:

i'm not surprised if she didn't attend, if she's actually gave instructions to Ingham they probably decided between them it's not needed for her attend. 

I'm sure she'd rather not hear her father and his lawyers bash her saying why she needs a conservatorship - she was probably content with whatever her and Ingham discussed beforehand. 

100% agreed. It’d worsen her mental health to hear her father and his lawyers bashing her and she doesn’t need that right now. It would probably be too overwhelming.

• Love 5

OH **** OFF TMZ :lessons::gunriah:

Sources connected to Britney say she is not doing well and has not been on an even keel for more than a year.

There has been a social media push -- and even the ACLU joined in -- questioning the conservatorship and advocating that it end, but multiple sources connected with the conservatorship say the doctors who have been caring for Britney over the last dozen years have said the conservatorship is necessary for her safety and possibly even her survival.

• Haha 6

Britney Spears wants a change in her 12-year conservatorship but she didn't get it at today's court hearing ... because TMZ has learned it was all status quo.

As we reported, Britney's lawyer filed legal docs asking to permanently replace her dad, Jamie Spears, as the conservator over her person. She also wants a bank or other financial institution to manage her business affairs, along with Jamie. Currently, Jamie is the sole conservator over her business affairs.

Here's the rub ... certain legal docs need to be filed before her issues go before a judge, and that hasn't happened. Sources with direct knowledge tell TMZ ... Wednesday's court hearing was simply a scheduled status conference and nothing has changed.

Our sources say Britney's problem in this case is that there has been a declaration she's not able to make important life decisions because of her mental illness, so her wishes will almost certainly be tempered by the very fact there is a conservatorship.

Sources connected to Britney say she is not doing well and has not been on an even keel for more than a year.

There has been a social media push -- and even the ACLU joined in -- questioning the conservatorship and advocating that it end, but multiple sources connected with the conservatorship say the doctors who have been caring for Britney over the last dozen years have said the conservatorship is necessary for her safety and possibly even her survival.