Madonna shades all of the pop stars from the last 20 years

Why is she such a mess on Instagram? First her n-word post, then her COVID comments including her posting a video that supported a right-wing conspiracy theory 2 weeks ago, now this. I know that she's an unapologetic narcissist, but she didn't have to diminish the other pop girls to make herself look good. We all know that she's the Queen of Pop™, so can't she just sit down and eat her food?

• Like 2

Madonna has never been groundbreaking musically let's be real. i DO like the American Life album tho. But she's kinda the reason why everyone is acting like a prostitute nowadays. Madonna was a poseur. She became what she needed to be in order to cash in. Once she cashed in, she dropped out of view. When she needed to cash in again, she surfaced as what she needed to be in order to cash in. Then dropped out again.

She played the "shock factor" and "be edgy for attention" games early on which may account for some not caring for her or she's just so popular that she also has tons of haters. You will see her occasionally drop back in to "reinvent herself" (aka get some more money from her fans) and then she disappears again.

She's an amazing business woman/opportunist tho, i'll give her that , she's a genius when it comes to marketing. 

• Love 1
  • Like 2
16 hours ago, Spicechinodiva said:

Idol only produced two global Superstars Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood.

I always find these comments extremely narrow-minded and undercuts the success of so many people. Jen Hudson, Adam Lambert, Daughtry, Katherine McPhee and more are very successful. Especially those country singers on Idol, I dont follow their careers but I've seen their names on charts.

Anywhooo, yes I agree with Madonna. It takes a special skill and talent to make it on your own, and a true icon status to be relevant 30+ years later.

The ones criticizing her were likely BORN in the last 20 years.

You can say she’s narcissistic or self-centered, but if anyone has earned the right to boast and be where she is, it’s her. This isn’t about the battles of generations, but people tend to forget the true struggles she had to overcome in her time AND the things she did for the LBGTQ community. Madonna was the epitome of controversy and created what we see today as true performance art. Her contributions to both music and society are honestly too much to actually be listed here. 

I implore everyone here to actually do your research and get to know who Madonna is. She truly is THE queen.

• Love 1
  • Like 1
20 hours ago, Puppy said:

that's an exaggeration, she also had connections. She wouldn't just up and move without being prepared. She's coming off as an old fart, times are changing and the music industry has evolved over time just like it used to be that you NEEDED a record label to make it in the industry but now, anyone can. 

Incorrect.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block