Taylor Swift's album "folklore" expected to go back to #1 in its 7th week after the CMA Performance

5 hours ago, Jordan Miller said:

I FEEL there's a lot of energy behind this. It's going to smash. The world needs this and it's gonna show on the charts. #1 for sure. I'm hoping for at least 500k too. 

I’m genuinely curious as to what energy you’re seeing haha. I’m not seeing it. It’ll do fine I’m sure, but it’s not what the world needs... let’s keep our priorities straight. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1
26 minutes ago, andy131 said:

"it’s not what the world needs... let’s keep our priorities straight."

When Beyonce' drops her visual album next week, I better see this same kind of energy. Why isn't this same thing said about Gaga? Why isn't it said about literally any song that is being released now by any artist?

Why? Because it's popular to hate on Taylor. Always has been, always will be I guess.

Also, why is it bad for people to want an escape from the horrifying reality that we currently live in, and why can't Taylor be the one to grant us that escape?

• Love 4
1 hour ago, InTheZone4Life said:

When Beyonce' drops her visual album next week, I better see this same kind of energy. Why isn't this same thing said about Gaga? Why isn't it said about literally any song that is being released now by any artist?

Why? Because it's popular to hate on Taylor. Always has been, always will be I guess.

Also, why is it bad for people to want an escape from the horrifying reality that we currently live in, and why can't Taylor be the one to grant us that escape?

To be fair I definitely say the same thing about Beyonce and Gaga 😂 What I personally need is new Britney. 

Is her album titled Folklore? 200.gif?cid=31ad6aa79vsg4jg6l3oged9ment5

EXPECTATIONS!

I beg for her to do SEVERAL folklore stories justice through her music videos. At least five. Otherwise it's a disgrace. This is 2020 ppl. Technology gives you no excuse, seriously :frenchy:!

Please live up to the title Taylor, or else dont use it. Simple as that, hoping though, that girl has stirred a crave yall. Pit Bull Zoomies GIF by The Dodo

• Love 1

It already sold 2,000,000 in China alone. 

Plus she's selling music, None of the clothing are bundled are her website, so she is following the rules. 

8 different album covers, 8 different booklet themes, Plus 8 different vinyl colors and a cassette tape all with the exclusive bonus track. Plus given how these versions are only a one week deal then deleted, she's relying mainly digital, and she has the #1 album on iTunes worldwide. 

It will be less, given this is her First Explicit album, and already parents are saying not this time as she alienated another huge portion of her audience the children. 

I'm thinking 500K pure (biggest for 2020) and 675 In streaming units. All my friends are streaming this album and plan on not sleeping til the first tracking week is over. 

That's how dedicated they are, Bought Red Bulls, Monster drinks, you name it. 

24 minutes ago, Spicechinodiva said:

It already sold 2,000,000 in China alone. 

Plus she's selling music, None of the clothing are bundled are her website, so she is following the rules. 

8 different album covers, 8 different booklet themes, Plus 8 different vinyl colors and a cassette tape all with the exclusive bonus track. Plus given how these versions are only a one week deal then deleted, she's relying mainly digital, and she has the #1 album on iTunes worldwide. 

It will be less, given this is her First Explicit album, and already parents are saying not this time as she alienated another huge portion of her audience the children. 

I'm thinking 500K pure (biggest for 2020) and 675 In streaming units. All my friends are streaming this album and plan on not sleeping til the first tracking week is over. 

That's how dedicated they are, Bought Red Bulls, Monster drinks, you name it. 

Receipts of the album selling 2.000.000 in China?

So far the biggest opening for 2020 is Juice WRLD's Legends Never Die with 497,000 equivalent album units in the U.S, out of which 283,00 are SEA and 209,00 album sales and 3,000 TEA - https://www.billboard.com/articles/business/chart-beat/9420910/juice-wrld-legends-never-die-tops-billboard-200

Taylor dropped this without any big single, nor buzz, just a day heads up, and her fans are ride or die, this can potentially hit the range 500-600K. It is an adult contemporary album, so I can see it reaching a wider audience, GP like this soft easy sound, the kind of sounds that have longevity on radio. Plus she got all kinds of merchandise bundles as she usually does when releasing albums

I found this note for Lover's release:

For the superstar's last #1 bow, 2019's Lover, exclusive merchandise available through Target accounted for 40% of the first week total of 867k, according to industry sources. With physical retail wounded from the Covid-19 pandemic, the focus will be on Swift's D2C strategy as the album just so happens to arrive two weeks ahead of Billboard's amendment to physical shipping rules. https://hitsdailydouble.com/news&id=322412&title=THE-SWIFT-STRATEGY

Critics (Only 5 reviews so far) are scoring this one quite high 94 https://www.metacritic.com/music/folklore/taylor-swift?ref=hp

Compared to her previous albums, this is ranked higher as per Metacritic aggregated scores

• Fearless - 73
  • Speak Now - 77
  • Red - 77
  • 1989 - 76
  • reputation - 71
  • Lover - 79
  • Folklore - 94
  • Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block