Taylor Swift's album "folklore" expected to go back to #1 in its 7th week after the CMA Performance

On 7/23/2020 at 8:46 AM, Barajas said:

I think is too early for another album :tbh:.

Taylor sis.. you are following Katy releasing path and that is not a good thing. 

Just because you last work flop, it doesn't meant you should hurry to release something new!! :jl::jl:

You need give time for people to miss you.

That's the old  Music industry. 

In the streaming era. Things are different. You're too old to understand the industry of today. If ur using the old standards. 

Instagram literally killed the making people miss you. They post everyday. Nobody goes and hides anymore. 

This isn't the 90s or the 00s anymore..

• Love 2
  • Like 1
  • Super Mods

I'm not suprised considering how successful she is.

She's the BIGGEST star from the 2010s!

She is the only singer to have 3 albums in a row sell over a million in a week!

However I am kinda suprised that she got those numbers for this album considering

its not a pop record.

I will give her props for trying something new even though its not my cup of tea

• Love 6
1 minute ago, maquisl said:

Considering the current situation, it's a great number. I think it's impossible for any artist to sell the same, or even more, than last year. And this is Taylor's 8th album so...

My prediction is around 500k and #1 :cooltshirt:

Also... Are physical copies for sale in stores? That would help a lot to reach 500 or more sales. 

8 hours ago, Spicechinodiva said:

That's the old  Music industry. 

In the streaming era. Things are different. You're too old to understand the industry of today. If ur using the old standards. 

Instagram literally killed the making people miss you. They post everyday. Nobody goes and hides anymore. 

This isn't the 90s or the 00s anymore..

Im too old to uderstand music industry? hahha well  guess what, I WAS BORN IN 1989!. same as Taylor, so... JOKE IS ON YOU. :didilie::didilie::didilie:

You should also understand that "older fans" we have on average a bigger purchase power  than younger generations. This is why artist like Britney, Madonna and even Celine Dion keeps being so relvant (chek out celebrity Forbes list honey), because we can invest much more money than younger fans whom at this moment can only invest in streaming. So yes, WE ALL are valuable for the industry. :mhmnod::mhmnod:

And Sis, answer whatever you want and keep disliking my posts, I really dont mind.  That is not going to change the fact that I DID´T LIKE THE NEW MUSIC and that I THINK THAT TAYLOR CAN DO BETTER. 

Peace baby :mcwave:

• Haha 1
  • Like 1
5 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

Forbes isn’t the best site for music sales :chrissy: 

Billie Eilish, BTS, Ariana, and Gaga outsold Taylor with their albums/soundtracks which makes her have the 5th best-selling album of 2019.

Source? https://www.mediatraffic.de/albums-2019.htm
I too can see 500k sales, but that’s if target is being shipped her CDs because wbk, know most her sales come from target itself. So minus target, it should be 340k-470k units.

Mediatraffic is worldwide chart, not a US chart :bedtime: In the US, Lover was the top-selling album in 2019 with +1M copies sold (I think Billie was at N°2 with 700k copies or so)

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

Forbes isn’t the best site for music sales :chrissy: 

Billie Eilish, BTS, Ariana, and Gaga outsold Taylor with their albums/soundtracks which makes her have the 5th best-selling album of 2019.

Source? https://www.mediatraffic.de/albums-2019.htm
I too can see 500k sales, but that’s if target is being shipped her CDs because wbk, know most her sales come from target itself. So minus target, it should be 340k-470k units.

Also Taylor constantly pushes for her numbers to be updated which is SUPER ANNOYING, if any other main pop girl did this they wouldn’t get away with it. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, maquisl said:

Mediatraffic is worldwide chart, not a US chart :bedtime: In the US, Lover was the top-selling album in 2019 with +1M copies sold (I think Billie was at N°2 with 700k copies or so)

Ew don’t use a Britney gif to defend Taylor please dear god it’s almost as offensive as swifties bragging about sales 

8 hours ago, sparrowhawk said:

Sorry @Jordan Miller, not the 500k you were hoping for. :jl: The album is boring, overly contrived and, sonically, completely risk-less. I turned it off the moment I heard her singing about mouth *******. Like, I'm ALL THE WAY set on hearing Taylor Swift sing about ******s. She needs to really regroup and figure out what she's doing going forward, cause while I had high hopes for this, Jewel she is not.

I think a large majority of people can't relate to her because she is out of touch with reality.  She's snobbish, fake and annoying to me, only singing the same mopey material about her exes and her kittens and her money and Kim Kardashian. Go waitress somewhere for a year and find something to sing about that people can actually relate to. :chrissy:

I literally haven’t actually like a Taylor swift song in 10 years. Since 1989 she has literally copied every artist in the book (Shania Twain, Britney, Britney again, Mariah Carey, and now Jewel/ Nelly furtado). I don’t get how she has fans when she literally makes music for people without taste. Also she literally used the gay community for you need to calm down and she used the feminism argument funny enough to put other women down. Don’t like her don’t care about this boring album WE ALL KNOW SHE CAN WRITE she doesn’t have to shove it down our throats. BYE 

• Love 1
  • Like 1
On 7/23/2020 at 12:51 PM, InTheZone4Life said:

Bundles still count if they are available for purchase separately, and they are also available at a lower rate individually. Considering this is Taylor Swift we are talking about, and also the fact that all sales include the "purchase" of the digital standard edition. This should break 1 mil first week easy. She has done it multiple times. She is basically the only artist left that can still do this. I said what I said. PERIODT. :staysalty:

I told y’all this was about to sell 1 million units but you doubted T’s power. Never bet against my girl. Lol you’ll lose. 😂

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, Jakeuskhan said:

I literally haven’t actually like a Taylor swift song in 10 years. Since 1989 she has literally copied every artist in the book (Shania Twain, Britney, Britney again, Mariah Carey, and now Jewel/ Nelly furtado). I don’t get how she has fans when she literally makes music for people without taste. Also she literally used the gay community for you need to calm down and she used the feminism argument funny enough to put other women down. Don’t like her don’t care about this boring album WE ALL KNOW SHE CAN WRITE she doesn’t have to shove it down our throats. BYE 

When did she copy Mariah !? She can’t hit a note to save her life ... Mariah at her worst will song circles around Taylor at her best ...

On 7/23/2020 at 10:31 AM, Blackout2006 said:

Uhhhh, the album was the fifth-best selling album of 2019...not that I’m saying that’s bad but it wasn’t the best selling album of 2019

In pure sales. It was the top selling album, it even earned a Guinness world record for top pure selling album of the year.

If you take out the streams. Taylor would go #1. 

• Love 2
  • Like 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block